hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    The most important thing is we sell out the play off games. It would be a massive boost to the team coming out to a packed stadium and one that they would relish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most important thing is we sell out the play off games. It would be a massive boost to the team coming out to a packed stadium and one that they would relish.
    Are play off prices set by SPFL or could Hibs charge say £10 adults / £5 concessions to bring the punters in?

Yeah, well done the "hardcore" folk who turned up. I didn't go because, do you know what ...... I couldn't be ar$ed . Hammering through to the capital for a midweek game after work, again. ? Nah!

But hey, I'll be there on Sunday and I'll get a cup final ticket !

Oh to be an übber hardcore fan

😊👍🏻

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    Yeah, well done the "hardcore" folk who turned up. I didn't go because, do you know what ...... I couldn't be ar$ed . Hammering through to the capital for a midweek game after work, again. ? Nah!

😊👍🏻
    Replace 'hardcore' with 'Loyal' and I kinda catch your drift....

Eh ? I'm not disloyal ... 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Are play off prices set by SPFL or could Hibs charge say £10 adults / £5 concessions to bring the punters in?

Im not too sure. I think prices may be set by the SPFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Im not too sure. I think prices may be set by the SPFL.
    They were last year anyway

Did Rangers not charge a fiver last year IIRC ? I'm sure they wanted to let season ticket holders in free at one point ?

Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post


    Congratulations .... you missed a decent display by Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/press...ricing-agreed/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5352

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Did Rangers not charge a fiver last year IIRC ? I'm sure they wanted to let season ticket holders in free at one point ?
    They did, because the only rule the SPFL has set was that season tickets couldnt be used after Hibs done it the year before. And now that Rangers charged a fiver they've come up with the minimum payment amounts, as most of the money goes to other clubs rather than the teams in the actual playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Does that narrow view include people who have invested in shares, Hibs Tv, been to all the Hampden games, attended around 9 other games this season, supported Hibs ith varying degrees of passion for 45 years etc, etc but feels that they havbetter things to do than watch the team at every home game in this very shoddy league?

In my opinion, people who take the uber stance are the most divisive of all supporters. It's the same old crap every time and I suspect it does more to annoy than inspire. There must be some inadequacy issues lurking in the psyche that promotes the same old nonsense every time there's a discussion about crowds.

Grow up ubers and wind yer necks in.

Final tickets and all that, like someone else said. So what? I'll be glad to get a ticket, but after attending so many finals since 1974, deep down I'm not that fussed.
    This is exactly what I was talking about. A forum for fans of a fitba club where the folk who think it might be a good idea for the clubs supporters to turn up at games on a regular basis get called "divisive"

Wouldn't it be great if Hibs had 13,000 folk committed enough to the club that they turned up to all its home games? 'Ach piss off, now yer just being divisive' .....

In spite of the fact that in every post I make on this subject I make it crystal clear that I completely understand why many folk cant go on a regular basis, be that work, time, money, etc .... I still get folk quoting my posts and telling me that I'm being unfair because folk cant always go because of work, time, money etc ................ I know, that's not the folk I am talking about!

What sort of a football club is this where fans who wish its supporters would back it from the terraces in greater numbers get called 'uber fans' and 'divisive' ...... perhaps I'm following the wrong club.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Congratulations .... you missed a decent display by Hibs.
    Yeah, great stuff. the only one ive missed this season. There will be more decent displays hopefully .

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    This is exactly what I was talking about. A forum for fans of a fitba club where the folk who think it might be a good idea for the clubs supporters to turn up at games on a regular basis get called "divisive"

Wouldn't it be great if Hibs had 13,000 folk committed enough to the club that they turned up to all its home games? 'Ach piss off, now yer just being divisive' .....

In spite of the fact that in every post I make on this subject I make it crystal clear that I completely understand why many folk cant go on a regular basis, be that work, time, money, etc .... I still get folk quoting my posts and telling me that I'm being unfair because folk cant always go because of work, time, money etc ................ I know, that's not the folk I am talking about!

What sort of a football club is this where fans who wish its supporters would back it from the terraces in greater numbers get called 'uber fans' and 'divisive' ...... perhaps I'm following the wrong club.

People will find the time and get away from work early or find the money and go more regularly if the team were doing well and punching its weight or even better.

The drop off in crowds to where they are now has not happened overnight, its happened because of results over quite a length of time.
    I doff my hat to EVERYONE who still goes all the time.

Like it or not, football is not a cheap day out now, and people are making decisions on price and value for money.

The reason folk are using the uber fan jibe is just a cheap shot back at the crawl out of the woodwork, or part timer, or day tripper insult.

There's the divide.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Would that have been our lowest crowd for quite some time then?

Would that have been our lowest crowd for quite some time then?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    When are they play off dates ? And IF its Raith are we away 1st leg ?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    When are they play off dates ? And IF its Raith are we away 1st leg ?

Wednesday 4th may(Raith away). Saturday 7th may (Raith home)

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Hearts are also at home to Ross County on the 7th, so one of the two games would need to be moved to the Sunday. Ross County are then at home on Wednesday 11th and Hearts are away to Aberdeen the next evening. Both then play on Sunday 15th.

It would make sense to delay the Hearts game and keep the play off on the Saturday given that the next round is played Wednesday 11th and Saturday 14th.

However expect the pub team to complain loudly that their match was arranged first and with their usual lack of competence the SPFL will cave and move our game with Raith to the Sunday.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

There are a million perfectly valid reasons for folk not to go to a football match .... no matter how much they might want to go ... nobody, including me should ever call these people poor supporters, and nor would I because as I've said before I've been their myself.

But:

If you are in good health, have the time, have the money and call yourself a Hibs 'supporter' then where you belong when Hibs are at home is Easter Road.

When I discovered and joined Hibs.net nine years ago I thought it was a place where folk like me with a shared 'passion' for Hibernian football club would go to discuss the club and encourage each other in their support for it ..... and above all ( no matter our differences ) agree that our presence in the stands on a Saturday was what it meant to be a Hibs supporter.

Instead of that folk who come on here saying stuff like 'I wont renew if we are in this league next season' or who come on to explain to you how 'there are more important things in life than Hibs and football ( as if you didn't know that already ) or whose attendance at ER depends on the team playing like Barcelona and winning all the time, instead of getting short shrift like they should on a forum dedicated to those who are supposed to 'care' about the fortunes and good health of the club, get a big hug, a warm fuzzy blanket and sage like nods of approval.

No football isn't the be all and end all ............ no Hibs aren't the most important thing in the Universe ...... no, nobody is obliged to go to a football match.

But the amount of support for that view on here at times .... a forum that's supposed to be for people who have a passion for Hibs and football ..... is depressing in the extreme.

My partner ****ing hates football ..... all she knows about it is that she hates it ..... and even then I've been more encouraged in my dedication to Hibernian FC by her than by half the so called Hibs supporters who post on here.

Take yer best shot !
    Support for a view that you have just admitted to sharing

And support that is only expressed in response to posters like yourself persisting in criticising others for not attending. Moreover, it is generally people who do attend (or couldn't due to one of the 'acceptable' reasons you have allowed) that debate with you, as opposed to the select few that you are actually "talking about".

I share your desire to see bigger crowds and better atmospheres at Easter Road, and genuinely admire your passion for the club. However, it is nobody's duty to pay money and watch football - every game is a choice.

Coaching Staff

Why do you think you have a god given right to tell anyone when they should or shouldn't go & support hibs at ER, and in the same breath roundly condemn those who for whatever reason, can't or don't go, live & let live.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Why do you think you have a god given right to tell anyone when they should or shouldn't go & support hibs at ER, and in the same breath roundly condemn those who for whatever reason, can't or don't go, live & let live.
    Read my post again please

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

And support that is only expressed in response to posters like yourself persisting in criticising others for not attending. Moreover, it is generally people who do attend (or couldn't due to one of the 'acceptable' reasons you have allowed) that debate with you, as opposed to the select few that you are actually "talking about".

I share your desire to see bigger crowds and better atmospheres at Easter Road, and genuinely admire your passion for the club. However, it is nobody's duty to pay money and watch football - every game is a choice.

I know what you are saying, and you are correct, but i do think there is a caveat to this point.

It is nobody's duty, but there is a degree of obligation that goes along with being part of something, a club, a gym whatever. I try and look at my ST as something akin to membership fee of say a golf club - i pay it because i want to keep my club going (and god knows, wouldn't it be nice to help make it successful also) and i know that if everyone stopped, my club would suffer (possibly even disappear).

I have missed a few games this season, some through unavoidable necessity, others through the kind of necessity that if i was really motivated and excited, i could have got out of. I do understand why people aren't attending, because i have done it myself this season. But i do this safe in the knowledge that i am still contributing, what i see as an obligation to help (financially) support my club.

The pay off is obviously when we are successful, you feel very much like you are part of it and that you earned it. I think the annoyance comes from people who roll up to wallow in the success, who haven't (or who are perceived by others to have not) contributed to that success by keeping things going.

I got very annoyed on the bus home from the semi when people were texting others on my bus to ask them to sort them tickets, when the only game they had been to this season was the final.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

The point I am trying to make is that on a forum dedicated to folk who are supposed to be Hibs 'supporters' its at times more like a focus group for people to share their ideas of why not supporting the team is a good thing. No its not a duty to go to a football match, but on a fans forum you would expect to see more folk dedicated to the idea of going to the clubs matches.

With the number of games we have this month even I understood when folk came on saying folk would pick and choose the games they went to ... all I can say is that with 7,000 v Livvi .... 8,000 v Falkirk ... 8,000 v Sevco and 7,000 v Dumbarton they must all have chosen the Morton game .... I'm expecting 17,000 on Sunday.

The point I am trying to make is that on a forum dedicated to folk who are supposed to be Hibs 'supporters' its at times more like a focus group for people to share their ideas of why not supporting the team is a good thing. No its not a duty to go to a football match, but on a fans forum you would expect to see more folk dedicated to the idea of going to the clubs matches.

With the number of games we have this month even I understood when folk came on saying folk would pick and choose the games they went to ... all I can say is that with 7,000 v Livvi .... 8,000 v Falkirk ... 8,000 v Sevco and 7,000 v Dumbarton they must all have chosen the Morton game .... I'm expecting 17,000 on Sunday.
    No chance will there be 17,000 on Sun, as sad as it is i'm guessing there will be 9/10,000 at most, the fact its on a sunday won't help either not thats been an excuse for previous poor turn outs.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    No chance will there be 17,000 on Sun, as sad as it is i'm guessing there will be 9/10,000 at most, the fact its on a sunday won't help either not thats been an excuse for previous poor turn outs.
    I was being sarcastic mate

I was being sarcastic mate
    there will be more than usual though giving the confirmation if you buy a ticket u get in the second batch for the final

There won't be that many in attendance on Sunday but I'd be astonished if we didn't get a home crowd of 17,000+ between now and the end of the season.

Coaching Staff
    Read my post again please
    Have read it many times before posting and still of the opinion that you feel that everyone should be as good a fan as you seem to think you are, irrespective of their personal circumstances. Sorry lifes not like that.