hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferry road traffic lights at the junction near golden acre and spiers bar.

Heading from the Leith end towards the pilton end is a pain in the arse if you hit it at the wrong time.
    I often cut the corner at the traffic lights to get onto Inverleith Row on that wee road that goes past Spiers Bar and comes out at the flower shop.

I swear, that bus stop to the left of where that road comes out must be the best served bus stop in Edinburgh. Practically every time I try to get out of there a bus is either pulling up or already there.
    Last edited by Smartie; 12-04-2017 at 03:39 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I only really drive at night and as they change sequences after a certain time, nobody would know what I'm talking about. You actually get ones that see you coming and turn red just to "slow you down and make things safe" (imagine that being said in a sarcastic, nasally voice)

I'm not sure if you day people ever encounter the ones that turn red and then catch everyone out by instantly turning amber then green. They live on Old Dalkieth Road and Polwarth Terrace and they are annoying.
    The ones n queensferry st heading down over the dean bridge do that as well.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I have noticed this more and more in Edinburgh in general, people blowing through red lights. I have had several occasions recently where my light is green and there are still cars flowing through the road that's supposed to be red.
    Ever been to Napoli?
    Neapolitans are totally colour-blind.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Ever been to Napoli?
    Neapolitans are totally colour-blind.
    It's the sunglasses!

Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    The lights outside jenners at the Scots monument.....take forever to bloody change
    We have a winner

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I only really drive at night and as they change sequences after a certain time, nobody would know what I'm talking about. You actually get ones that see you coming and turn red just to "slow you down and make things safe" (imagine that being said in a sarcastic, nasally voice)

I'm not sure if you day people ever encounter the ones that turn red and then catch everyone out by instantly turning amber then green. They live on Old Dalkieth Road and Polwarth Terrace and they are annoying.
    The Polwarth ones are like that during the day at weekends too.

Western Corner traffic lights. Trying to turn right to head to Corstorphine is brutal at times. Blackhall Sainsbury's ones are grim too.

First Team Breakthrough
    The lights at the old bank hotel on royal mile, only lets about 3 cars through before going back to red.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Just to make the point. Leave Trinity RC about 10:00. Right onto Ferry Road, Goldenacre - red. War die - red Fettes - red. Morrison's-red. Telford Road -McDonald's -red. Redford Road - Groathill -red. Blackhall -red. Queensferry/Craigcrook/Quality St.....red. Queensferry Road/Clerrie - red. Queensferry/Drum Brae - green but had to stop for queue starting. Queensferry/East Craigs- green. Marbury -Red.... every week.

Try the Raith Interchange, it took me 50 minutes to get through 4 sets of lights on roundabout yesterday. I would've avoided it but drove into it on autopilot before I realised.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not sure if I just had a bad day but FFS the attitude to red lights in Liverpool this week was pretty consistent, on at least 3 occasions I had to wait even though my lights were green as at least 3 cars each time ran the red lights. That coupled with gangs of motorbikes riders with no helmets and no registration plates running against the traffic and generally doing what they like ignoring every red light, these guys are mental!