hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Top Tips for getting Derby Tickets

1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

3. Join East Lothian HSC(attendance at other away games not necessary

4. Ignore the club when they tell you you will be logged out at noon

5. Ignore the club for at least 15 minutes when they say the game is sold out
    (attendance at other away games not necessary

6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next
    No one is allowed to dis LD.

The only points I don't agree is the singing section. It's not to say they are not away season ticket holders.

Don't think you can buy a kids away season ticket without an adult purchasing one.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

10. Be a jambo. lots of spare seats in the home end

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

First Team Breakthrough

Rocket.

Novel idea.

Stick in, train, and become a first team squad member.

Guaranteed tickets, easy peasy. Easier than going on line to try and get them!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    Rocket.
    You're a charmer, unless you are suggesting some way of getting a ticket for Tiny through pyrotechnics. I wouldn't put it beyond the club that if you have lit some fireworks at a game you qualify for tickets

There are people on here that need psychiatric help.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    There are people on here that need psychiatric help.
    Alternatively there are people who get peed off when their club does thing they do wrong and don't mind voicing an opinion in a reverent way on a message board. Of course there are those that just post abuse at other members of a message board without knowing them.

Missed out on a ticket last month and same again today, I'm annoyed and frustrated however this is just a bit embarrassing.

At the end of the day there are ~13,000 season ticket holders (and countless others) fighting for a far fewer number of tickets. I think the e-ticketing system has major flaws however these 2 derbies have been the only times it has failed me in particular. There are possibly 'fairer' ways to distribute the tickets among more 'loyal' fans but there will always be a huge number of Hibs supporters who don't get to go to games like this. Like I said, I'm frustrated but it's an understandable situation and I'm more than happy to cheer us on from the pub on the 21st.

It's also worth remembering that it's only around 5/6 years ago that we were getting given just half the Roseburn end and struggling to sell that. I'm glad we as a club are in a position where there is such excitement and demand for tickets in the lead up to these fixtures, even if it means I miss out from time to time.

Sad fairly accurate.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Rocket.

76 posts in 6 years.

@hibs.net private member
    I've been very lucky and have got tickets either with loyalty points or by making sure I give myself the best possible chance on the online shambles. I'm so glad I ignored the club advice and logged in at 11.31. Also glad we persevered after the official site said sold out and got another few tickets.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Let’s bring back the good old days of taking a sickie or holiday and standing in the pissing rain for hours. That’ll show who the real fans are. 😂

You're a charmer, unless you are suggesting some way of getting a ticket for Tiny through pyrotechnics. I wouldn't put it beyond the club that if you have lit some fireworks at a game you qualify for tickets
    😂 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    76 posts in 6 years.
    And potentially 76 one word responses!

Quote Originally Posted by sahpaton View Post
    Missed out on a ticket last month and same again today, I'm annoyed and frustrated however this is just a bit embarrassing.

At the end of the day there are ~13,000 season ticket holders (and countless others) fighting for a far fewer number of tickets. I think the e-ticketing system has major flaws however these 2 derbies have been the only times it has failed me in particular. There are possibly 'fairer' ways to distribute the tickets among more 'loyal' fans but there will always be a huge number of Hibs supporters who don't get to go to games like this. Like I said, I'm frustrated but it's an understandable situation and I'm more than happy to cheer us on from the pub on the 21st.

It's also worth remembering that it's only around 5/6 years ago that we were getting given just half the Roseburn end and struggling to sell that. I'm glad we as a club are in a position where there is such excitement and demand for tickets in the lead up to these fixtures, even if it means I miss out from time to time.
    13K ST holders, 5K of which only backed the club after a Scottish Cup win and promotion. Seems fair to give them same priority as those who backed the club during relegation I suppose ..... 🤔

As I mentioned before, I took the hump the last time we were there.

As a "football watching experience" it was pitiful, and I have zero confidence that this time it will be any better.

Hibs at Tynecastle was always one of my favourite fixtures, always a big one to look forward to, even if many of the games over the years haven't been great. But the last time we were there I just came away wondering what kind of f*****g mug I was for shelling out what I did, to get a restricted view ticket, to have stood outside the ground for 40 minutes, to have missed the only interesting incident (a criminal refereeing mistake that robbed my team) in the most diabolical game of football ever seen - two teams horribly short on technical ability hoofing each other around a bog.

Baws to getting het up trying to get a ticket for more of that.

I'm quite content tonight. I might watch the game on the telly, I might not.

Fair play to all of you clamouring to get tickets for this one.

The scabbiest of victories and it will have all been well worth it, and those of us who have missed out (either deliberately in my case or not in some others) will be gutted we've missed it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    13K ST holders, 5K of which only backed the club after a Scottish Cup win and promotion. Seems fair to give them same priority as those who backed the club during relegation I suppose ..... 🤔
    That's just plain stupid. By your reasoning the fact that I have been a regular at ER since 1973 and got my first ST in 1987 means that I should get priority over someone who started watching Hibs in 74 and got their first ST after 88? Also I think it is fabulous that folk have really bought into buying STs and attending games again. Perhaps you would like us to go back to crowds of 8000 again. I am delighted that we are having issues with ticket sales. I have been to Tynie since my first away derby in 83 loads of times and some games we didn't sell the whole end. It is unfortunate that people who go to other away games can't get tickets and it needs sorted, I just don't think we will ever please everyone. Anyway rant over and I am now out of these debates.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    That's just plain stupid. By your reasoning the fact that I have been a regular at ER since 1973 and got my first ST in 1987 means that I should get priority over someone who started watching Hibs in 74 and got their first ST after 88? Also I think it is fabulous that folk have really bought into buying STs and attending games again. Perhaps you would like us to go back to crowds of 8000 again. I am delighted that we are having issues with ticket sales. I have been to Tynie since my first away derby in 83 loads of times and some games we didn't sell the whole end. It is unfortunate that people who go to other away games can't get tickets and it needs sorted, I just don't think we will ever please everyone. Anyway rant over and I am now out of these debates.
    We won't, we can't.

To flip that around, we've got to choose who we are going to piss off, implement a system on that basis, and stick to it. Those who are sufficiently pissed off might drift away, new folk coming in will be happy with it. Them's the breaks, but it will seem fairer the longer it is in place. OF fans are happy with their ballots, Jambos are happy with their established loyalty point system. Either of these systems work fine.

I don't think that what we have right now is quite right though.
    Last edited by Smartie; 10-01-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Not entirely stupid as loyalty points were introduced at the time of relegation then scrapped ....

And to suggest I would be happy to see lower crowds is just daft

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Spot on 👍

Testimonial Due
    Additional steps:
    1. Dry your eyes. You'll never see the telephone keypad or web browser clearly if crying your eyes out.
    2. Sour grapes - avoid at all costs as sensitive .net types are susceptible to a sore tummy.
    3. Don't worry too much about 0.8% of tickets going to a group (of season ticket holders) the club deem worthy of receiving them. The effort they have put in to establish a signing section and countless hours organising displays has been rewarded with a measly 30 tickets out of 3600. Most of the songs at the game will be influenced by them, whether started by them on the night or was a song introduced by them. Clearly the club believe they enhance our support.

Have a great night whether at the game or tuning in to TV/Interweb.

Take care now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    As I mentioned before, I took the hump the last time we were there.

As a "football watching experience" it was pitiful, and I have zero confidence that this time it will be any better.

Hibs at Tynecastle was always one of my favourite fixtures, always a big one to look forward to, even if many of the games over the years haven't been great. But the last time we were there I just came away wondering what kind of f*****g mug I was for shelling out what I did, to get a restricted view ticket, to have stood outside the ground for 40 minutes, to have missed the only interesting incident (a criminal refereeing mistake that robbed my team) in the most diabolical game of football ever seen - two teams horribly short on technical ability hoofing each other around a bog.

Baws to getting het up trying to get a ticket for more of that.

I'm quite content tonight. I might watch the game on the telly, I might not.

Fair play to all of you clamouring to get tickets for this one.

The scabbiest of victories and it will have all been well worth it, and those of us who have missed out (either deliberately in my case or not in some others) will be gutted we've missed it.
    I'm sure the fear of missing out a victory, particularly in the cup, after watching Hibs fail to score and get beaten so many times over the decades at that dump is what keeps most of us going. I've never missed out when I wanted to go but I must admit the way the club are dealing with this issue and the feeling that support away from home isn't valued has me thinking in the same vein. I never missed many away games when we had Loyalty Points and have been to hundreds of away games over the years. The withdrawal of that scheme and its general mismanagement put me off going as much.

10. Threaten to not buy a season ticket next year unless you are not allowed a chance of a ticket at every big game (attendance at other away games not necessary)
    Last edited by wookie70; 10-01-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    76 posts in 6 years.
    Must be a Yam eh

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Must be a Yam eh
    Or guaranteed one of they elusive 30 tickets

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Additional steps:
    1. Dry your eyes. You'll never see the telephone keypad or web browser clearly if crying your eyes out.
    2. Sour grapes - avoid at all costs as sensitive .net types are susceptible to a sore tummy.
    3. Don't worry too much about 0.8% of tickets going to a group (of season ticket holders) the club deem worthy of receiving them. The effort they have put in to establish a signing section and countless hours organising displays has been rewarded with a measly 30 tickets out of 3600. Most of the songs at the game will be influenced by them, whether started by them on the night or was a song introduced by them. Clearly the club believe they enhance our support.

Have a great night whether at the game or tuning in to TV/Interweb.

Take care now.
    Pish without humour as per the OP.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 10-01-2018 at 10:55 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Or guaranteed one of they elusive 30 tickets
    Neither. Former player.

(Nah i just got lucky in the online sales)

I just wish the toys they throw out their prams weren't Lego bricks...the dummies I can cope with in bare feet

@hibs.net private member
    Neither. Former player.

(Nah i just got lucky in the online sales)
    I was lucky too. Doesn't stop me questioning some of the decisions the club are making on ticketing.