hibs.net Messageboard

Page 161 of 424 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 12720

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That were gap between the top of my tie and my collar.
    I can never get it to fit snugly and can almost see the top button.

It's not just me either. Most TV pundits are the same although Tierry Henry has it nailed.

Ties that aren’t worn reaching to at least the belt line of the trousers. Effing hate seeing people with ties stopping above their belly button

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Sunday night tv. Utter garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sunday night tv. Utter garbage!
    Along with the other 6 nights of the week, bar the odd programme.

Dunno if this has been mentioned on this particular thread but I get well pissed off with the fact that the powers that be deem it unacceptable for Hibs and Celtic to both play in home kits when facing each other.
    Just watched highlights of Killie v Ross County (both in blue but clearly not a clash in terms of shade and design) and there seemed no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Dunno if this has been mentioned on this particular thread but I get well pissed off with the fact that the powers that be deem it unacceptable for Hibs and Celtic to both play in home kits when facing each other.
    Just watched highlights of Killie v Ross County (both in blue but clearly not a clash in terms of shade and design) and there seemed no problem at all.
    Aye. West Brom V Leicester was fine at the weekend. Leicester played in all blue whilst WBA played in blue and white stripes with a solid blue back panel.

Worked fine.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Any advert on tv that starts with "New From JML!!"

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who respond to celebrity FB posts as if they know the celeb personally.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post

Also the dross that is given celebrity status (and with it credibility) these days. F****** TOWIE, Made in Chelsea etc...

Utter, utter dross, yet the 'stars' get to kick about as though they're important.

Also, the increasing evidence of stupidity being a virtue to be rewarded. There's a girl who's constantly on viral videos with her boyfriend showing her up as an idiot.

They get loads of views and will get a fair whack of cash for it, and I doubt it's even real, but imagine making your money for being a thick ****?!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

They get loads of views and will get a fair whack of cash for it, and I doubt it's even real, but imagine making your money for being a thick ****?!
    Thon Jade wumman started that.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Just by saying "ming-ging" IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Just by saying "ming-ging" IIRC.
    She was the symptom of an acceptance amongst some members of the public that stupidity and ignorance are admirable qualities.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Whenever you try to sneak a biscuit it always explodes when you bite it and half of it ends up on the floor.

@hibs.net private member
    Any advert on tv that starts with "New From JML!!"
    Adverts spoken in an American accent for absolutely no reason. Why would that make uou want to buy something?

@hibs.net private member
    and Joey Essex has taken it to a new level.

I genuinely think he’s really intelligent and is playing a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    and Joey Essex has taken it to a new level.

I genuinely think he’s really intelligent and is playing a character.
    I agree.dont believe anyone can be that thick I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

Argos stores.

I’ve just been up there buying some coat hooks and I get the feeling the whole process was a lot more complicated than it should’ve been.
    First, you go to one screen and search for your product. Secondly, you are asked to think of a memorable word. Thirdly, you find another screen where you pay...after telling it your memorable word. Thirdly, you have to find the correct type of till where you hand over your receipt and wait on your product.

All this and I didn’t even get to see the bloody thing before I purchased it. Turns out it’s cheap crap and will probably last about a week before it breaks ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Argos stores.

I’ve just been up there buying some coat hooks and I get the feeling the whole process was a lot more complicated than it should’ve been.
    First, you go to one screen and search for your product. Secondly, you are asked to think of a memorable word. Thirdly, you find another screen where you pay...after telling it your memorable word. Thirdly, you have to find the correct type of till where you hand over your receipt and wait on your product.

All this and I didn’t even get to see the bloody thing before I purchased it. Turns out it’s cheap crap and will probably last about a week before it breaks ☹️
    Pete, don't think this would be much out of place on the "Does Anyone On Here Actually Sell Pegs" thread.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Argos stores.

You think that was bad mate.....you should have seen what I went through at the Argos automated system when i went there to buy 4 Candles and some O's !!

:-)

GGTTH

If I remember correctly Graham Norton made a joke about housemates waking up to the smell of bacon..........Jade had farted. After this I think the legal people got involved and lo and behold the next week Mr Norton was urging the nation to make Jade the winner. The power of tv?

Rant Time!!!

My local shop sells Stephens the bakers hot/cold filled rolls, pies, bridies and cakes etc. As we know they are all very nice, anyway my Mrs is recovering from an emergency C section so is pretty restricted with what she can do just now and I have to do pretty much everything for her while she recovers, which I don't mind as she had a nightmare of a labour. I said to her I'd nip to the local shop for her and get her some lunch if she wanted something. She asked for two egg mayo rolls and I was going to get myself some lentil soup as I've got an absolute howler of a cold just now and fancied some good old lentil to help shift the cold.

So I order everything with the wifey at the counter which is as follows:

2 x White Egg Mayo rolls

2 x Lenti soup (one cup is never enough and two roughly equate to the size of a normal can)

4 x brown rolls - 2 for me today and 2 for tomorrow's bacon rolls at breakfast.

All this comes to a grand total of £9.86!! I mean come on. It was £4.98 for the two egg mayo rolls alone! Thats scandalous and the Mrs couldn't believe it! I wont be back, thats for sure. For a local shop the prices are a disgrace
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 15-03-2018 at 04:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Folk that try and pull off the snide move of checking when a bus is due but you know they are just trying to get on the bus before people that have been standing there longer

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Rant Time!!!

My local shop sells Stephens the bakers hot/cold filled rolls, pies, bridies and cakes etc. As we know they are all very nice, anyway my Mrs is recovering from an emergency C section so is pretty restricted with what she can do just now and I have to do pretty much everything for her while she recovers, which I don't mind as she had a nightmare of a labour. I said to her I'd nip to the local shop for her and get her some lunch if she wanted something. She asked for two egg mayo rolls and I was going to get myself some lentil soup as I've got an absolute howler of a cold just now and fancied some good old lentil to help shift the cold.

So I order everything with the wifey at the counter which is as follows:

2 x White Egg Mayo rolls

2 x Lenti soup (one cup is never enough and two roughly equate to the size of a normal can)

4 x brown rolls - 2 for me today and 2 for tomorrow's bacon rolls at breakfast.

All this comes to a grand total of £9.86!! I mean come on. It was £4.98 for the two egg mayo rolls alone! Thats scandalous and the Mrs couldn't believe it! I wont be back, thats for sure. For a local shop the prices are a disgrace
    That sounds awfully similar to my local shop. Is it a Nisa one?
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    That sounds awfully similar to my local shop. Is it a Nisa one?

Aye its a Nisa shop. Not in Edinburgh though.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Aye its a Nisa shop. Not in Edinburgh though.
    I'm in Musselburgh, just keep forgetting to update my location on here.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    I'm in Musselburgh, just keep forgetting to update my location on here.

Pop over to the PM board and see the thread there.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The Wizard of Oz song on the new Audi advert. Irritating beyond belief!!

The new Doritos advert! How wrong is that?!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This is a parasocial relationship - where one side of the relationship displays qualities of a typical two way relationship such as emotion, time and trust while the other has no knowledge of their existence.

It’s a very deliberate and carefully managed technique in PR for example where the most common examples are, as you point out, the relationship between celebrities and the public and also the relationship between a sports team and it’s fans!

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This is a parasocial relationship - where one side of the relationship displays qualities of a typical two way relationship such as emotion, time and trust while the other has no knowledge of their existence.

It’s a very deliberate and carefully managed technique in PR for example where the most common examples are, as you point out, the relationship between celebrities and the public and also the relationship between a sports team and it’s fans!
    It's odd when you bump into a 'celeb'. Because you feel you 'know' them, you subconsciously think that they should know you too. I remember years ago I walked past Onion in Hanover Street and said 'Hi John'. To his credit (and to my delight at the time) he said 'Hi' back.
    It was kinda like seeing a mate in the street if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by snooky; 16-03-2018 at 11:10 AM.

These ****ing "time traveller" videos when apparently someone from XX years in the future is filmed in present day making spooky predictions about the world XX years from now.

I mean, really?? I know a lot of social media stretches credibility but **** off with that *****.