310. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

66 21.29%
  • No

244 78.71%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, just because you say it's corrupt doesn't mean it is.

What is this corruption that you all know about that I've missed??

I'm disagreeing because I don't believe in what you guys are saying. That's a perfectly logical stance to take.
    You don't think Rangers cheated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ok corruption in FIFA has been rife for years, I'll agree on that point.

It has had absolutely zero impact on Hibs though and if another thread on here is to believed then nobody would actually care as they only care about Hibs games!
    Rangers did cheat and were found guilty. Thats corruption in our own back yard sadly. I feel not enough was done against them and to be honest goes for teams like Livvi and Hearts. Although Rangers were caught cheating the taxman.

Surely you can see that is cheating considering the outcome of the case. It's fine if you don't care it's about personal opinions. But to say it hasn't happened or nothing is corrupt is wrong.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I do.

They also had to start again from Div 2 which to me seemed like an appropriate 'punishment'.

I understand that there were different offences etc. and the focus has shifted from screwing the tax man to unregistered players but even so, I think it's time to move on.

Well aware that it's not a popular view on here and I'm not trying to convince anyone that my way of thinking is the right one.

The OP has a poll asking for our views. Surely it's ok to hold a different view to the general consensus or there would have been no point in having a poll?!

"Agree with me or your wrong" is not the best way to have a discussion or debate. (Not directed at you).

This is kinda moving all over the place a bit.

Rangers cheated and were found guilty, no argument there.

FIFA has corruption at its core, again agreed.

The whole game is corrupt. Nah.

Doncaster and Regan are corrupt? I very much doubt it. For real corruption look to Sep Blatter and his ilk.

Petrie? Don't believe it for a minute.

Scottish football in general I think is clean. Corruption to me is people colluding to gain an advantage over others by illegal means.

I think David Murray and the Rangers board knew exactly what they were doing and knew fine well it was at least against the spirit of the law. I don't think the same could be said of the people within the SFA.

If we think Petrie is corrupt, then by extension so are Hibs. I'm absolutely, 100% disagreeing with that.

Doncaster and Regan are corrupt? I very much doubt it. For real corruption look to Sep Blatter and his ilk.

Scottish football in general I think is clean. Corruption to me is people colluding to gain an advantage over others by illegal means.

I think David Murray and the Rangers board knew exactly what they were doing and knew fine well it was at least against the spirit of the law. I don't think the same could be said of the people within the SFA.

If we think Petrie is corrupt, then by extension so are Hibs. I'm absolutely, 100% disagreeing with that.

I don't think Doncaster & Regan set out to see someone (ie. the Huns, deceased) gain an advantage by illegal means. However, I absolutely do think that when they found out what the Huns had done and their likely consequential death, they shat the bed over what they perceived as the financial implications and did everything they could to either keep the old Huns on life support or parachute the new Zombie Huns straight into the top league. That's corrupt albeit perhaps with less of an evil motive than Murray. Petrie has to some extent been complicit but without knowing what actually went on behind the scenes it's difficult to say how much.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i see Gail has been using all his 30+ aliases to vote move on

Actually, one of those was me, I ticked the wrong box...

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess we will find out who did collude within the ranks of the SFA & SPL to ensure Rangers gained an advantage over others? I don't believe for a second RP is corrupt but he could certainly allay fears by making a statement. Doesn't stop the Rangers making said statements, does it!?

I honestly think Doncaster and Regan have had dealings in helping The Rangers best they can. Whether that's back handers I don't know. I hear things from players and agents over the years about things that have "allegedly" happened. I can't say they are true or not true as I wasn't there but believe me some stories stink and would shock a few on here.

In fact I'm sure there are posters on here who themselves have heard the same through contacts in the game. But until proven then it's just a rumour which is fine. If true I'd hope we find out one day soon.

The difference between clubs like Hearts, Livingston, Dundee, Gretna etc who overspent and went into administration, as opposed to Huns RIP who deliberately chose not to inform the authorities of the side letters, is very simple. Overspending was morally wrong but not a breach of the rules. Failing to properly register a player was and is a breach of the rules.

Smaller clubs have been thrown out of tournaments for not registering a player properly by omitting one signature. All that is being sought is a fair application of the rules when the offender was Huns RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Actually, one of those was me, I ticked the wrong box...

LTHF!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The difference between clubs like Hearts, Livingston, Dundee, Gretna etc who overspent and went into administration, as opposed to Huns RIP who deliberately chose not to inform the authorities of the side letters, is very simple. Overspending was morally wrong but not a breach of the rules. Failing to properly register a player was and is a breach of the rules.

Smaller clubs have been thrown out of tournaments for not registering a player properly by omitting one signature. All that is being sought is a fair application of the rules when the offender was Huns RIP.

LTHF!
    To be fair, what went on at Tynecastle wasn't just overspending and a football club signing, then Picking and playing players that it cannot pay is also a rule breach. The SFA/SPFL didn't do much about that either and good old Hearts got away with it, won a cup& then went bust, sliding into Administration and sold their sob story which the media & a lot of fans who should know better, bought hook line & sinker.

We know they won't be stripped of titles.

next best thing is to make it abundantly clear that we know they were cheating

Capture.JPG

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    We know they won't be stripped of titles.

next best thing is to make it abundantly clear that we know they were cheating

Capture.JPG
    I doubt if that'll register tbh. Will the thes not just hide behind the "never mind what went on in the boardroom, we won the titles fair and square on the pitch" BS?

@hibs.net private member
    I do.

They also had to start again from Div 2 which to me seemed like an appropriate 'punishment'.

I understand that there were different offences etc. and the focus has shifted from screwing the tax man to unregistered players but even so, I think it's time to move on.

Well aware that it's not a popular view on here and I'm not trying to convince anyone that my way of thinking is the right one.

The OP has a poll asking for our views. Surely it's ok to hold a different view to the general consensus or there would have been no point in having a poll?!

"Agree with me or your wrong" is not the best way to have a discussion or debate. (Not directed at you).
    Sorry but they never started AGAIN. A new club started in division two.

GGTTH

Jeezo, I was careful not to say relegated!

Not gonna get into the whole same club / new club chat. It's been done to death.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Jeezo, I was careful not to say relegated!

Not gonna get into the whole same club / new club chat. It's been done to death.
    By the same token it wasn't punishment at all.

Haven't read through the whole thread but...

Rangers and Hearts were caught cheating. Rangers debated the ebt issue and it went one way then the other through courts and verdict cheating. We want titles stripped

Hearts didn't debate the cheating. Caught red handed - international warrant out for their owner. They gained an unsporting advantage and don't even deny it. Cup wins in 08 & 12 should be stripped
    ... no?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Haven't read through the whole thread but...

Rangers and Hearts were caught cheating. Rangers debated the ebt issue and it went one way then the other through courts and verdict cheating. We want titles stripped

Hearts didn't debate the cheating. Caught red handed - international warrant out for their owner. They gained an unsporting advantage and don't even deny it. Cup wins in 08 & 12 should be stripped
    ... no?
    There is no evidence they broke any rules. We don't have any FFP rules in Scottish football, even now.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There is no evidence they broke any rules. We don't have any FFP rules in Scottish football, even now.

They broke rules on late-payment of players and HMRC, and were punished accordingly.

I do.

Just to clarify ,starting in Div 2 was not a punishment but a result of being liquidated. It was in fact a favour as, as a new club they had no right to a place and should have been behind other clubs such as Spartans. Hope this helps your understanding.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

They committed fraud by entering into contracts with players, suppliers, etc. that they couldn't fulfil.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGHLANDLEITHER View Post
    Just to clarify ,starting in Div 2 was not a punishment but a result of being liquidated. It was in fact a favour as, as a new club they had no right to a place and should have been behind other clubs such as Spartans. Hope this helps your understanding.
    Ffs is there're any need for the condescending tone?

Punishment, relegation or whatever. They were out the top league for 3 years.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Ffs is there're any need for the condescending tone?

Punishment, relegation or whatever. They were out the top league for 3 years.
    What are you on about, they have never been in the top league before?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Until the side letters scandal is resolved this isn't over. Justice is yet to prevail.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They committed fraud by entering into contracts with players, suppliers, etc. that they couldn't fulfil.
    Fraud would be a hard charge to prove in this situation, I think. (IIRC, there's a different attitude to issues like this in France, no?)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    What are you on about, they have never been in the top league before?
    If they're a new club, only three years old, then surely we should be applauding the new starts for the amazing progress they've made?

Cracking set of fans that everyone gets along with and absolutely no baggage that came with the old club?!

SFA have refused to carry out the review so I guess they have moved on

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    SFA have refused to carry out the review so I guess they have moved on
    They haven't refused to carry it out. They have declined to participate in an independent review.
    That review could still go ahead, at the behest of the SPFL. If they get the appropriate powers and terms of reference, the SFA might be legally forced to participate.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They haven't refused to carry it out. They have declined to participate in an independent review.
    That review could still go ahead, at the behest of the SPFL. If they get the appropriate powers and terms of reference, the SFA might be legally forced to participate.

Did the SPFL not ask the SFA to carryout the review?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Did the SPFL not ask the SFA to carryout the review?
    That wouldn't be independent

They invited the SFA to participate.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    If it had been Brechin would anyone have cared?

Im not disputing anything you say here but it's been practically the same chat for the last 5 years.

Some of us just don't care as much as others.

Apparently that makes us part of the problem. Same as if we enjoy sky sports and don't kick up a fuss about player wages and transfer fees etc etc.

Well sod that. I enjoy the football and don't give a toss about stripping titles or all the legal stuff that surrounds the game. I also don't think the games corrupt at all. If that makes me part of the problem then so be it. I don't care!
    No time to go further. Your response here, & a few others, utterly & totally disgust me. YOU don't care & want to move on? Who gave big heid brilliant YOU my voice. You & yer like disgust me as much as when I found out all those games I went to cheering on Hibs, were rigged, cos Hibs with a mini scale budget against these cheats, were actually miles worse off & couldn't hold onto players cos Hibs payed legit tax & Huns didn't! You & yer like disgust me! YOU dinnae care! So, I must move on! Dis effin gusting!