hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why can't we knock back a good fee? We already did it once; what has changed?
    We need to win the league , why would you want to sell our best goals scorer???

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    We need to win the league , why would you want to sell our best goals scorer???
    not me, I say knock it back if we get one

of course it matters......dont you know we have nothing better to do than this

True dat.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Does it really matter? JC has scored several goals against the teams currently 2nd & 4th in the top tier. He only played a handful of games in the Prem as a teenager.
    I think it does matter. I think he needs to prove that he can score week in and week out against the best defences in the country and he can only do that if he's playing in the top league. I think there's no doubt he has the potential to do that as he's shown in the cup games over the last couple of years but I think he needs to score 15-20 goals over an entire season in the Premiership before he can say with any certainty that he's ready to move to England.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think it does matter. I think he needs to prove that he can score week in and week out against the best defences in the country and he can only do that if he's playing in the top league. I think there's no doubt he has the potential to do that as he's shown in the cup games over the last couple of years but I think he needs to score 15-20 goals over an entire season in the Premiership before he can say with any certainty that he's ready to move to England.
    funnily enough with more open games in the premiership he may find it easier to score? Also seems to up his game against the bigger teams. He has a great record against The Rangers.......

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Tamhere1875;4904125]The guy that started this rumour on twitter is the same guy that was meant to have seen Sameras at Edinburgh airport. to be taken with a pinch of salt[/QUOTE]

That is a huge steaming pile of male farm animal manure.

QPR are crap. Be a good fusion perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm not so sure to be honest. In theory this is sound but in practice it seems to be a case by case business, some players just click in England whilst others seem unable to make the step up. It's such a low risk market for English clubs to tap in to, if a player shows clear potential for sizeable club like Hibs I think valuation stays pretty much the same regardless of our league status, unless of course we went up and Jason managed to hit 30 or something ridiculous like that.

I wouldn't disagree that it matters - it does, he will be worth more after a season of scoring in the top flight, no doubt, I just don't think it changes that significantly, particularly when concerning his relative ableness to play in England.

Having watched the Leeds cup match last night, I'd be very surprised if Cummings couldn't do well in the English Championship, Leeds are sitting around 7th and I wasn't too impressed, even Birmingham in our pre season game.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Having watched the Leeds cup match last night, I'd be very surprised if Cummings couldn't do well in the English Championship, Leeds are sitting around 7th and I wasn't too impressed, even Birmingham in our pre season game.
    Jason would struggle at a team toiling in their league, but at a club that creates chances and spends most games on top of their opposition, I'm sure he'd be absolutely fine. Goals are a universal language and he's fluent in them.

(which is handy given that they'd struggle to understand him)

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    To get rid of Cummings now would be a case of taking our eye off the ball and possibly suffering the consequences. I think we all witnessed on Friday that the team is coming together at the right time to make a real move to win the league convincingly. I think Cummings is one of the central figures in this.
    Yes, absolutely this.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Leeds are 5th, and tbf they started 3 players against cambridge from the team that played in their last league game, as did liverpool play a weakened team against plymouth, how did that one go ? does that mean the premiership is poor as well
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 10-01-2017 at 09:29 PM.

How many times over the year have we sold players and replaced them with *****? It's what got us in this league.

I don't actually rate Jason as much as others do but he's only going to get better than the money being offered just now and if the going rate if £1.5 plus add ons, this wont change this time next year and unless he gets dropped again it's a gamble the club can afford to take. He's a proven goalscorer, the only one we have in our side. He's no Kenny Miller when he left for £2m about 17 years ago (wow) but he has the same raw potential. On the other hand he could go the Tam Mcmanus way and get zip apart from a massive wage that we couldn't afford. It's a difficuilt one.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Leeds are 5th, and tbf they started 3 players against cambridge from the team that played in their last league game, as did liverpool play a weakened team against plymouth, how did that one go ? does that mean the premiership is poor as well
    I've a bet on Leeds to go up and Swansea down. I rate the side big time. And only getting better. They have a former Swansea (Monk) feel about them just now.

Lets see the Board do what they did in last Transfer Window and make announcement he isnt for Sale as Promotion is our Priority Cummings goals ate inyegral to this Simple End of

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It got me in that day... Next point?
    Your season ticket got you into Hamilton v Hibs, at Hamilton? Btw I'm Cummings biggest fan but the game against Hamilton was not a premiership game. We were playing a team who were a Championship side until their winning penalty hit the net, in a game after the premiership season had finished. Hamilton had not played a single match in the premier league for about 5 years in the build up to that game.

He has consistently proved since however, that he is more than capable of scoring against premier sides in cup games. He also regularly scores in the big games when it matters. Nowhere near ready to move yet though and other than the big wage increase, it would be terrible for his career. He'd be back up the road on loan to someone within 12-18 months. Would be ridiculous for us to sell when we are challenging to get out of this brutal league as well.

No deal banker.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Delivered View Post
    I've a bet on Leeds to go up and Swansea down. I rate the side big time. And only getting better. They have a former Swansea (Monk) feel about them just now.

doing ok on the park i see Cellino has sold 50% of his shares to an italian businessman...no idea how that ones going to pan out

Left by mutual consent!
    What usually happens is an English team sell a player for a ridiculous fee after one good season then pop up here to replace the player from a Scottish club offereing to what is them a pittance.

Not up to speed with QPR dealings but it usually seems to be case.

For me hope he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Your season ticket got you into Hamilton v Hibs, at Hamilton? Btw I'm Cummings biggest fan but the game against Hamilton was not a premiership game. We were playing a team who were a Championship side until their winning penalty hit the net, in a game after the premiership season had finished. Hamilton had not played a single match in the premier league for about 5 years in the build up to that game.
    That's my take on it as well. The Premiership season had officially ended with only the play off teams remaining!! So his first 2 goals for Hibs weren't against a Premiership team - at that point!

What is not in doubt is that JC would score goals in the Premiership - I think we can all agree on that!! 😁

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    That's my take on it as well. The Premiership season had officially ended with only the play off teams remaining!! So his first 2 goals for Hibs weren't against a Premiership team - at that point!

What is not in doubt is that JC would score goals in the Premiership - I think we can all agree on that!!
    Here here. Hopefully we get the chance to see it happening next season.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    If we have Cummings we likely get promoted as champs and have a very valuable player going forward

If we have Stokes instead of Cummings less likely to get promoted as champs and have a player well past his prime
    That's how I see it too matey

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Yes 5th, I knew they were doing fairly well, I'm only going by what I've seen re championship matches this season, not as good as you'd think IMO.

guy on twitter saying fee off 2.1 mill for jase

https://twitter.com/AgentKevinITK
    Last edited by eastmainsmsh; 10-01-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post

That's some ****** in a bedroom boshing one out.

You really believe that ****?

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post

And that it's been ACCEPTED!

Gamble...

not really i found it quite amusing if stokes can be got maybe its good money if it can be invested in the team

Left by mutual consent!
    £5 million,plus 30% is fair!

look at the prices of players in England....The guy will score goals wherever he goes!
    He knows where the goals are....which is not easy to find.

why was he dropped? He only scored loads of goals!

We don't need to sell!
    If you want him....You pay good money in footballing terms potentially wise!

scottish league is a cherry picking English clubs that don't really give a **** about him!

We Do!!

Only the truth...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    That's some ****** in a bedroom boshing one out.

You really believe that ****?
    You know him personally?

Cummings leaving would be a massive loss.

I don't think he's a perfect player - I was firmly behind him being dropped earlier this season, but I'm glad he's back in the team again and I think he'll be a stronger player for the experience.

He has a personality the like of which we've not had in a player for a while. If he were to leave there would be an enormous gap in the dressing room and with so much football still to be played this season, that could be critical.

I love his willingness to put himself under pressure, to stand up and be counted, to get in there and be prepared to miss many chances in the hope that he'll get his goal eventually.

We'd be losing more than a player, and I really hope he stays.

Too early for both the club and JC in my opinion. If he keeps developing then he could get a really good club (and a good fee for hibs) in 18 months.