hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was speaking to a celtic fan who said to me I understand why Rangers fans hate Neil Lennon but don't understand why fans of other teams hate him, Hearts fan attacks him motherwell fans joined in clapping their hands when Rangers fans were singing if you hate Neil Lennon, I can't speak for fans of other teams so I thought I would ask the question.

Do you Hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?
    Do you hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    We are all aware that O'Neil never recieved the same abuse as Lennon, that is a handy fact that Rangers fans can cling onto to deflect accusations of sectarianism away from the issues that are surrounding Neil Lennon in 2011.

The question I put to you is do you agree or disagree that sections of the Rangers support use Neil Lennons Northern Irish background and his religion as a stick to beat him with?

I Disagree
    I honestly think there is other reasons as to why he is hated I can honestly say I don't know of any Rangers fan personally who hate Neil Lennon for this reason, so IF there is some who hate him because of religion ive yet to meet them.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I just see him as a panto villain, I don't hate him anymore than I hated any wrestlers who beat The Rock in WWE when I was about 12.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    No.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    [/B]

I Disagree
    I honestly think there is other reasons as to why he is hated I can honestly say I don't know of any Rangers fan personally who hate Neil Lennon for this reason, so IF there is some who hate him because of religion ive yet to meet them.

You dont know ONE Rangers fan that hates NL cause he is Northen Irish that played and manages Celtic?

Ill tell the jokes

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I just see him as a panto villain, I don't hate him anymore than I hated any wrestlers who beat The Rock in WWE when I was about 12.

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't hate him, anybody who can wind up huns and yams like he does is earns my respect

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I hate Sally Mcoist and El Hadj Diouf much much more than Lennon.
    Very interesting would you be willing to give reasons for this, im genuinely surprised by this, most people I know don't have a problem with AM even the celtic fans, the biggest problem they had with him is because he had a great scoring record against them.

Very interesting would you be willing to give reasons for this, im genuinely surprised by this, most people I know don't have a problem with AM even the celtic fans, the biggest problem they had with him is because he had a great scoring record against them.
    Yep ill certainly enlighten you, Ive hated Sally Mcoist for over 25 years..Tell you what, Take a look on youtube when Souness made his debut at Easter in 1986 when Hibs won 2-1..When Souness that dirty hun bassa gets sent off for nearly snapping George Mclusky's leg there is a 23 man melle in the middle of the park ( Every single player bar Alan Rough ) And watch that little rat Mcoist throw a punch aimed at a hibs player then like the little rodent weasil faced twat that he is run away behind his hun team mates.

That a good enough reason for hating Super Sally?.

[/B]

I Disagree
    So please enlighten us, you as an honourable member of the Ibrox legion have never heard Neil Lennon described rather colourfully as a 'fenian bassa' by anyone you have encountered of similar hue to yourself?

I don't hate him. I'm amazed at how he puts up with everything.

I do think he is subjecting his family to too much stress though. Why should they suffer?

If I was him I'd get them at least as far away from Scotland as possible. His standing must be good enough to get a good job in the Championship or abroad.

First Team Breakthrough
    I've disliked everybody in your horrible club except Walter Smith
    Last edited by Sodje_18; 19-05-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Yep ill certainly enlighten you, Ive hated Sally Mcoist for over 25 years..Tell you what, Take a look on youtube when Souness made his debut at Easter in 1986 when Hibs won 2-1..When Souness that dirty hun bassa gets sent off for nearly snapping George Mclusky's leg there is a 23 man melle in the middle of the park ( Every single player bar Alan Rough ) And watch that little rat Mcoist throw a punch aimed at a hibs player then like the little rodent weasil faced twat that he is run away behind his hun team mates.

If that good enough reason for you, im fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    So please enlighten us, you as an honourable member of the Ibrox legion have never heard Neil Lennon described rather colourfully as a 'fenian bassa' by anyone you have encountered of similar hue to yourself?
    Ive heard most celtic players being called that, but they ain't all Irish Catholics, a bit like Rino Gattuso being called an orange B, once you sign for Rangers/Celtic no matter where your from or religion it seems you become an orange/fenian B.

Theres two main myths the 'we're no' bigots, honestly' Rangers fans like to peddle; first, that other catholic celtc managers (usually martin oneil is mentioned) werent sent bullets in the post, hence the special hate Lennon engenders cant be because of sectarianism.

The second one is that other non-rangers SPL supporters hate Lennon too, hence its not a uniquely rangers or sectarian problem. This is what BITC is trying to show with his transparent post.

Both positions totally miss the point. Lennon's persona embodies militant stroppy irish republicanism more than calm, specky o'neill ever could. Even so, sectarianism is clearly worse now than it was when oneill was here, its quite likely oneill too might be targeted because of his background if he was still celtc manager.

Lots of non-rangers fans also dislike Lennon because hes a bad loser and because he plays the pantomime villain so well. These fans DON'T, however, send the man bullets or bombs in the post or sing songs about how he must hang. You only take things to that level if you have some other murky agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodje_18 View Post
    I've disliked everybody in your horrible club except Walter Smith
    Why not Walter Smith then?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

In that same game McCoist also clearly seen spitting on more than one Hibs player, Fulton being one. Truly disgusting.

First Team Breakthrough
    Seems like a decent enough guy, one of the few managers who can accept defeat when they were outplayed. Whenever hibs have beaten you he appreciates a good performance. Have nothing but respect for the guy . Although I won't be suprised if I'm the only hibee that thinks this

Ive heard most celtic players being called that, but they ain't all Irish Catholics, a bit like Rino Gattuso being called an orange B, once you sign for Rangers/Celtic no matter where your from or religion it seems you become an orange/fenian B.
    So thats ok then?

And you have pretty much said all that needs saying. Proving the Old Firm have no place in 21stC society.

Orange/Fenian? Deary me, have a word...

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Neil Lennon's major crime as a manager has been behaving as if he is a fan. That seems to really annoy us for some reason.
    TBH if we acted like that on the terraces and in some way had access to the media as a ‘personality’ and done what he has done and said what he has said;

1. at a minimum we would be chucked oot of ER, we would possibly be arrested etc. etc., we would possibly be banned from ER

2. I think a day in court answering charges of slander and / or incitement. Jonathan Woss lost his job, for what IMO, had been something much less serious.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodje_18 View Post
    Seems like a decent enough guy, one of the few managers who can accept defeat when they were outplayed. Whenever hibs have beaten you he appreciates a good performance. Have nothing but respect for the guy . Although I won't be suprised if I'm the only hibee that thinks this

Have to agree with you, i have a lot of time for Walter. He is gracious and accepts when things go against him. He behaves like a professional unlike Neil Lennon.

Lennon acts like an idiot, attracts absolutely unneccessary attention and acts as tho he, and his club deserve special treatment and a looked after more than the rest of us.

I for one cannot stand Neil Lennon, but I would not say hate him. I certainly wouldnt run 30 yards to throw a flapping fist at him
    Hibernian Football Club

Walter Smith is no angel either. Was he not arrested for fighting with Alex Totten in the dug-out at McDiarmid Park a few years ago, and he also went for Mixu during a game IIRC ?

@hibs.net private member
    A simple no I don't hate him would have done.
    ... that's three more words than I usually use when conversing with your kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Walter Smith is no angel either. Was he not arrested for fighting with Alex Totten in the dug-out at McDiarmid Park a few years ago, and he also went for Mixu during a game IIRC ?
    Ibrox in the cup replay a few years back, Novo with a total leg breaker on HKT, Quite rightly sent off. What Smith had to complain about im not quite sure.

Martin O'Neil had the same back ground, never did he get the same abuse that Lennon gets.
    The big difference is that Neil Lennon played for Celtic and Martin O'Neil didn't.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Do you hate Neil Lennon and if so WHY?
    BITC - you haven't answered this one. If you do hate him it might help to give your reasons, e.g. have you rationally thought it through and arrived at a position or are you just a hun sheep who hates him because it is part of the job description.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    A player I didn't like that has turned into a manager I dont like.
    He went about the field of play kicking players and generally acting Billy big baws. His touchline behaviour and demeanour is what you would expect iof a fan not a manager.

His religious background or where he is from plays no part in my loathing of him. His Ginger hair does him no favours either.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    I hate him, he's a prick, a wee ginger fanny that needs to start taking responsibility for his own actions, stop bullying refs, stop trying to wind up opposition fans, show some humility and then maybe I will be prepared to think that he is anything less than something I trod on at lunch.

He still shouldn't be bombed though

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    A player I didn't like that has turned into a manager I dont like.
    He went about the field of play kicking players and generally acting Billy big baws. His touchline behaviour and demeanour is what you would expect iof a fan not a manager.

His religious background or where he is from plays no part in my loathing of him. His Ginger hair does him no favours either.
    That's why I liked him as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    That's why I liked him as a player.
    Agree. If we had a Lennon-type in that late Mowbray/early Collins midfield we might have actually achieved something big (league cup excepted). Most teams need a BBB.