hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think Neil Lennon has been successful as Hibernian manager?

I did not mention Alan Stubbs at any point in my opening post. I am stating facts of Lennon’s success as manager. Lennon is a winner. He is more successful than Stubbs as a manager and always will be if you are wanting to compare him to Stubbs.

I’m just making point that what he has done at Hibs has been overwhelming and that I trust him to keep achieveing.
    Since you only stated Lennon's successes at Hibs, I'm going to take it that you mean "he is more successful than Stubbs as a Hibs manager", in which case that is LAUGHABLE.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No they didn’t 😂😂😂 Almost back to his best. McGinn an Dylan where improving regardless of the manager.
    But they did improve

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I thought McGeough, Allan and McGinn all improved under Lennon. Which other players would you count as Stubbs signing? Maybe Bartley, arguably could say he has improved also
    Allan improved under Lennon, I don’t agree. I felt he was better under Stubbs and influenced games a lot more. Under Lennon he didn’t have as big an influence. McGinn and McGeouch...well McGinn probably did but I think that’s more to do with McGinn maturing and just being a good player. McGeouch improved under Lennon in respect to being able to play most of the season, doubt Lennon is a qualified Doctor or Physio but sure I guess he can have it.

Bartley has improved in what aspect? He is a good player at what he does but he’s the same player we had other Stubbs. He doesn’t have another dimension to his game now...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Source?
    Anyone with a sensible head who can see things clearlg and not willing to blame any other outside sources. I like Neil Lennon but He’s done here. Half Butcher half Collins. He will be away the next couple of weeks. Best manager in what... is mental.

Left by mutual consent!
    But they did improve
    Because of Lennon? 😂😂

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    I 100% back him.

I can only assume you have not seen us in any of the last half a dozen games or so!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Source?

Brooster is one of the most ITK posters on here, no need to question him about a source mate.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Lennon wouldn’t have taken us out the league the seasons we had under Stubbs.

Stubbs and George Craig with the assistance of LD built a football club and an actual team! Stubbs also won us building his own team our holy grail. Lennon recently hasn’t got an actual clue when it’s csme down to bringing his own players in and developing his own team. Not one clue.

Trust Lennon? Based on what? He can’t even trust himself to come out to be interviewed. To say sorry for his actions have spoiled our season up and set us back big time.

I said 8k, got called a drama queen but that’s around the mark it was tonight. We are bottom six and it’s the managers fault and nobody else, nothing to do with Petrie. The guy thinks he’s too good for us and is being found out as tactically rotten and a piss poor man manager.
    I agree 100% with your first sentence. Lack of promotion is always the stick used to beat Stubbs with but I highly doubt Lennon would have came in and turned us round in the first season to beat what was a rampant Hearts team and a Rangers team with a budget that dwarfed ours. I also doubt he would have managed to beat the Rangers team in the second season. That's not even a dig at Lennon. We were unlikely to win the league either of they two seasons no matter who was in charge.

Stubbs left Lennon a wonderful set up which he capitalised on by getting us promoted. We probably didn't improve a lot the first half of our first season back up but we were exceptional after January, lead by a magnificent midfield which was again mainly built by Stubbs (two of his players and one who used to be his player who Lennon brought back).

Since the Stubbs squad has started to break up we've started to crumble and Lennon doesn't look to have the answers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Since you only stated Lennon's successes at Hibs, I'm going to take it that you mean "he is more successful than Stubbs as a Hibs manager", in which case that is LAUGHABLE.
    I clearly did not say “as Hibs manager”.

I stated “as a manager”

Neil Lennon is and always will be a more successful manager

Left by mutual consent!
    Because of Lennon? 😂😂
    The players have said so themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Unfortunately he has lost the dressing room with his eratic behaviours. The end is nigh.
    I don’t want this to be the case but my feeling is that it is unfortunately. LD has been quiet of late also, we’ll she what she is made of if she has to act as I don’t think NL will walk, despite maybe wanting too.

Id love to see him turn this around, it’s not too late but it’s heading that way.

GGTTH

Do you think Neil Lennon has been successful as Hibernian manager?

I did not mention Alan Stubbs at any point in my opening post. I am stating facts of Lennon’s success as manager. Lennon is a winner. He is more successful than Stubbs as a manager and always will be if you are wanting to compare him to Stubbs.

I’m just making point that what he has done at Hibs has been overwhelming and that I trust him to keep achieveing.
    What has Lennon done that's been so great for hibs? We finished 4th. That's it. Stubbs will be the more successful hibs manager and always will be. What makes Neil Lennon a winner at hibs? Does drawing at home to Dundee and st.mirren make him a winner? Or maybe that loss to st.johnstone makes him One? Lennon's a winner is a myth ridden cliche that gets trotted out every time people question him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    1- promoted at first time of asking was actually the first time we were favourites to go up. Anything else would have been an embarrassment.

2- got us to 2 semi finals and lost both. That's hardly a great achievement is it?

3- fair enough we got into Europe in our first season back which was a very good achievement

4- best football for one half of a season. We lumped it up to Holt and Graham in the championship, then stokes first half of last and now kamberi this season.

5- 0 wins at tynecastle and his unnessecary tinkering with the team and throwing in players out the blue is a common occurrence when we go to tynecastle.

6- 2 good wins at ibrox. Is that reason enough to keep him when we can't even beat st.johnstone, Dundee and st.mirren at home in the here and now?
    Are you not happy with what Hibs have achieved since Lennon has been manager? Yes or no.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Brooster is one of the most ITK posters on here, no need to question him about a source mate.
    It will be the unprofessional players fault though no doubt.

You don’t go against your senior players and get away with it when your other players aren’t playing for you.

Are you not happy with what Hibs have achieved since Lennon has been manager? Yes or no.
    What's he achieved? Promotion and getting us into Europe? Is that reason enough to sweep his bad signings, constant threats to leave, constant public attacks on players and our lowly league position under the carpet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Bottom six going nowhere but down? Aye delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    “Pro-Neil Lennon” fans choose to ignore his shambolic transfer dealings, that’s a fact as well, most of his signings have been garbage. Stubbs team got us promoted. In seriousness, why not just state your support without labelling other fans.

The gulf between resources when we got promoted...not being funny but I’d expect a seasoned Football Manager player to have been able to get us promoted. Some of the teams we were playing had average attendances of 1-2k...

Quality over quantity has ended up being small levels of dross. Most of our best starting line up is still Stubbs based. We seem to be playing Kamberi, MacLaren, Boyle and Horgan because we simply don’t have other players. Hence why we are also starting Shaw.
    1. I don't ignore Neil's transfer dealings.
    Check my postings you will in fact see me questioning some of his signings: ie Mavrias, Horgan, Nelom, Hyndeman and Agyepong

2. Stubbsy, as much as I love him, failed to take us up against mostly the same "diddy" teams, but, yes, he had an eye for a player and left a wonderful legacy for Neil Lennon.
    This said, Neil Lennon managed to achieve something Stubbys couldn't - promotion as champions. Neil Lennon also managed to put Dundee United (our main championship challengers) in our back pocket and clinch promotion with room to spare. Stubbsy on the other hand could not overcome Houston's Falkirk of all clubs!

3. I do believe in quality over quantity, but we were never going to replace McGinn and McGeouch in the summer transfer window. Mallan is a quality signing (16 goals and/or assists) whose confidence and performance is suffering like a lot of his team mates at present. Don't forget that we had to drop McGinn through burn-out and indifferent performances at one time. So even the best can appear "average".
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 06-12-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Lennon has done really well managing and taking on the team Stubbs built. As time goes by more and more of the Stubbs team leave and its becoming Lennons task to build a team. This has so far been his failing. He is a great manager if he has the players but he isnt capable of putting together a team himself. We are going backwards.

Left by mutual consent!
    Some of the comments on this thread. It’s as if most people would have been happier if we didn’t get promoted and playing European football and instead still be getting beaten away to Dumbarton.

God help us

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Unfortunately he has lost the dressing room with his eratic behaviours. The end is nigh.
    Wow. Coming from you....that’s a significant post. 👍 Strange times eh?

I clearly did not say “as Hibs manager”.

I stated “as a manager”

Neil Lennon is and always will be a more successful manager
    It's not really comparing like for like though is it?

Lennon walked into a job at Celtic where he pretty much couldn't fail to win numerous trophies with what was going on at Rangers. If Stubbs had walked into that job instead of Lennon then he'd be the more successful manager as he'd have won a hatful as well.

When it's came down to either manager having to actually compete with teams on similar or greater budgets then Stubbs managed to win the cup. Lennon has only ever won anything when he's had budgets numerous times any other team he's competing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Check my postings you will in fact see me questioning some of his signings: ie Mavrias, Horgan, Nelom, Hyndeman and Agyepong

2. Stubbsy, as much as I love him, failed 3 times to take us up against mostly the same "diddy" teams, but, yes, he had an eye for a player and left a wonderful legacy for Neil Lennon.
    This said, Neil Lennon managed to achieve something Stubbys couldn't - promotion as champions. Neil Lennon also managed to put Dundee United (our main championship challengers) in our back pocket and clinch promotion with room to spare. Stubbsy on the other hand could not overcome Houston's Falkirk of all clubs!

3. I do believe in quality over quantity, but we were never going to replace McGinn and McGeouch in the summer transfer window. Mallan is a quality signing (16 goals and/or assists) whose confidence and performance is suffering like a lot of his team mates at present. Don't forget that we had to drop McGinn through burn-out and indifferent performances at one time. So even the best can appear "average".
    Point 2 - Stubbs failed twice, not three times. Nobody would have stopped Hearts in that first season including Neil Lennon. They absolutely romped to the title and we also had to compete with Rangers. Second season we were competing against a Rangers team with a much higher budget than us. He also had to deal with two runs to cup finals with the Scottish Cup run including two replays for good measure. Impossible to say but it's most likely that we wouldn't have won the league that season had Lennon been in charge either purely due to the fact Rangers had a budget probably around 5 times bigger than ours. Lennon, to his credit, won the league when he was placed against teams on probably half our budget or less. A much easier scenario than the one Stubbs was tasked with.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 05-12-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Some of the comments on this thread. It’s as if most people would have been happier if we didn’t get promoted and playing European football and instead still be getting beating away to Dumbarton.

God help us
    No I’m delighted Stubbs Builth squad to win us the Scottish Cup, the one thing I always dreamed of. I’m delighted Neil Lennon took that squad on to win an easier league but still a decent achievement but I’m overly concerned about the state the squad the team and the club going backwards as a whole is going now. Tonight was a low with a **** crowd poor performance again.

You think people would learn, remembering how **** it was under managers before we went down how crowds fell big time and strive and have passion for that not to happen again. Maybe, possibly probably I’m a drama queen but I’m scared that wlll happen again, when it shouldn’t ever again.

Some of the comments on this thread. It’s as if most people would have been happier if we didn’t get promoted and playing European football and instead still be getting beaten away to Dumbarton.

God help us
    We lost to ayr and drew with Dumbarton at home under Lennon just to remind you.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

2. Stubbsy, as much as I love him, failed 3 times to take us up against mostly the same "diddy" teams, but, yes, he had an eye for a player and left a wonderful legacy for Neil Lennon.

You make good points, a few I could reply to with the opposing side. Only one I think that is worthwhile is: do you think Lennon and the recruitment team have done a good job replacing McGinn and McGeouch? I don’t mean in terms of quality, I’m talking balance of the midfield. Mallan is good but he is looking awful at the moment and hasn’t contributed much from open play.

We all knew we’d miss McGinns drive in midfield, out of Hyndman, Milligan, Bartley, Mallan, Slivka...which one of them could you see driving the team forward? I see them doing a lot of sideways passing and lack of movement off the ball. We can’t play 442 or anything similar as we quite simply cannot have 2 midfielders in the centre that can contribute at both ends of the pitch. Mallan is shattered at 70mins and cannot tackle, Milligan barely makes it over the half way line before he has a nose bleed.

We had to wait on 2 work permits for 1 injured player on loan, and 1 Australian international that just looks ok, not great. We then signed a lb and rb that have collectively played 3 games I think even though our club captain is essentially finished.

Reason we cannot put a settled team is because of poor recruitment.
    Last edited by madhatter; 05-12-2018 at 11:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Point 2 - Stubbs failed twice, not three times. Nobody would have stopped Hearts in that first season including Neil Lennon. They absolutely romped to the title and we also had to compete with Rangers. Second season we were competing against a Rangers team with a much higher budget than us. He also had to deal with two runs to cup finals with the Scottish Cup run including two replays for good measure. Impossible to say but it's most likely that we wouldn't have won the league that season had Lennon been in charge either purely due to the fact Rangers had a budget probably around 5 times bigger than ours. Lennon, to his credit, won the league when he was placed against teams on probably half our budget or less. A much easier scenario than the one Stubbs was tasked with.
    Good night Callum ! You are starting to give me and everyone on here a Sair heid Tomorrow is another day! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    I agree, that for now at least, Lennon is still the man for the job. However, he can't live off past acomplishments, thats all very well and good but it's what he can do NOW that matters. ATM the team is performing well below par and we are struggling against teams we really should be comfortably beating, especially at home!

I stand by him now but things need to change and FAST or we are in danger of undoing all the progress we've made in the last 4 years and finding ourselves back to being a mediocre bottom 6 team.
    I totally agree that he can't live off past accomplishments, and I too as one of his staunchest admirers have limited patience.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt based mostly on what he has done for our club these past 2 glorious seasons and how he rescued and revived our season by his transfer dealings in the last January transfer window and by the exhilarating football he had us playing.

I just feel that there are some posters attacking our manager prematurely, with some unbalanced and/or exaggerated accusations - in some cases deliberately overlooking the aforementioned.

For me, sacking Neil Lennon at this stage would be utter folly and set us back big time and risk a definite bottom 6 finish.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Good night Callum ! You are starting to give me and everyone on here a Sair heid Tomorrow is another day! 😁
    He’s spot on. None of it can be argued.

Left by mutual consent!
    I totally agree that he can't live off past accomplishments, and I too as one of his staunchest admirers have limited patience.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt based mostly on what he has done for our club these past 2 glorious seasons and how he rescued and revived our season by his transfer dealings in the last January transfer window and by the exhilarating football he had us playing.

I just feel that there are some posters attacking our manager prematurely, with some unbalanced and/or exaggerated accusations - in some cases deliberately overlooking the aforementioned.

For me, sacking Neil Lennon at this stage would be utter folly and set us back big time and risk a definite bottom 6 finish.
    Can I ask when does premature become ok? Because right now in the present it’s an absolute shambles from game to game since October and by that, since October it’s got more and more of a shambles with every game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don't think Lennon trusts himself.

Team selections are bizarre at the moment with players doing in and out of the squad, players getting a game here it there bit without getting a run in the team in many cases.

It's no coincidence we're playing like a team of strangers, were going with new midfields, new defences, and new attacks game to game.

In fact, it seems you're only guaranteed a game if your Boyle, Malam, Ambrose or Bogdan.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net