Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Robertson

Left by mutual consent!

Scott Robertson

Anyone know when he is back?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    6-8 weeks according to this article date 19th Feb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26261281

First Team Breakthrough
    It's no coincidence some of our worst results have come when he's been out. Proper box to box, ran himself into the ground every game he's played this season.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    I think it someone we have missed.

Missed him big time. Even with all his time out with injury I would say he is our player of the year which is a disgrace.

I don't think Robertson is a great player but there is absolutely no doubt that we have missed his energy and aggression in the midfield.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    he has been missed, hope it wont be too long before he is back playing, would be ideal for the split if he is fit enough

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Robertson like Craig hasn't kicked a ball under Butcher, Robertson has played less games obviously but I can't think of one good game he's played.

Not sure I'd agree entirely. Like Craig, Robertson shows a lack of composure or technique on the ball in the middle but we have definitely missed his energy and harrying. I can think of several examples during Butcher's first few games when Robertson won the ball back high up the pitch and initiated attacks for us in the process. Not a great player but often effective.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robertson like Craig hasn't kicked a ball under Butcher, Robertson has played less games obviously but I can't think of one good game he's played.
    I would have to ask the question do you go to the games?

The four game run where we took 10 points out of 12, ie Ross County, Killie, Hearts and Dundee Utd was our best spell of the season.

Robertson was excellent over that four game spell, as good as anybody in a Hibs jersey.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

The four game run where we took 10 points out of 12, ie Ross County, Killie, Hearts and Dundee Utd was our best spell of the season.

Robertson was excellent over that four game spell, as good as anybody in a Hibs jersey.
    I'm with you on this one. Robertson has been good this season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    Not sure I'd agree entirely. Like Craig, Robertson shows a lack of composure or technique on the ball in the middle but we have definitely missed his energy and harrying. I can think of several examples during Butcher's first few games when Robertson won the ball back high up the pitch and initiated attacks for us in the process. Not a great player but often effective.
    I'd argue that he's a better midfielder than what we have because of this. Would like to see him and Taiwo together.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    my favourite player this season. not that he's had a lot of competition mind you!

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    my favourite player this season. not that he's had a lot of competition mind you!
    Easily our best player

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    He's not exactly gifted and he's had a few really poor games but unlike many others he never hides and gives some drive and determination. We've definitely missed him.

I disagree, he didn't stand out for me in any of those games. At the start of the season under fenlon I thought he was excellent, he was a real driving force in the midfield, since butcher arrived he's been less effective, just like liam craig.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    I disagree, he didn't stand out for me in any of those games. At the start of the season under fenlon I thought he was excellent, he was a real driving force in the midfield, since butcher arrived he's been less effective, just like liam craig.
    I would put that down the tactic of punting into the corner and missing the midfield out more than anything else. I agree with Scoops one of our best players this season.
    Last edited by Heedersnvolleys; 19-03-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Missed a word

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Get well soon Scott, we need you back.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    It's all down to opinion your honour and I'm certainly not going to fall out with you but I thought he was excellent in that spell I referred to earlier. He helps the back four and times his runs well into the opponents box.

He will never be a hero but for me is dependable and to me easily the best midfielder over the season (although I think Stanton would have been if introduced earlier).

Agree regarding Liam Craig.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    He has tried hard for the team and after a couple of our poorer results was one player who went to the fans and really looked like he was sorry for the result , really down . In other words he actually appeared to care about the result.

Im in agreement with pro Scott, and not so pro Liam. Scott Robertson is the type of player we could do with more of. Alongside a few players with a bit of class and composure, a team of Robbos would do pretty well. Liam Craig has been, goals apart which have been useful to be fair, really disappointing.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we would be losing fewer goals if we had Robertson available, he gets his tackles in and also wins a surprising number of headers from opposition set pieces.

I wish he had a better first touch but he does bring a bit of drive and energy to the midfield which no one other than Stanton seems to offer on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    He has tried hard for the team and after a couple of our poorer results was one player who went to the fans and really looked like he was sorry for the result , really down . In other words he actually appeared to care about the result.
    I like him a lot and that is one of the reasons why. Some games he was the only one who applauded the fans and looked upset that we hadn't got a result. Think he was the only one that stayed on the pitch after the hearts cup game.

It's all down to opinion your honour and I'm certainly not going to fall out with you but I thought he was excellent in that spell I referred to earlier. He helps the back four and times his runs well into the opponents box.

He will never be a hero but for me is dependable and to me easily the best midfielder over the season (although I think Stanton would have been if introduced earlier).

Agree regarding Liam Craig.
    I'm not trying to have a go at Robertson I also think he's been our best midfielder this season, I just don't think Butcher's tactics have suited him or Craig so far.

I'm not trying to have a go at Robertson I also think he's been our best midfielder this season, I just don't think Butcher's tactics have suited him or Craig so far.
    I understand what you're saying, but I can't help but associate our poor run of form with his Injury and our Good run at Butchers start when he was a first team player.

Would like to see him beside Taiwo soon and allow Stanton that role he played against Raith Rovers.

I think he will be one of the few snr pros that are kept on.

Many of the first team should and will be shown the door

None can complain either as this season like the past 3 or 4 has been a disaster.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Massive loss recently. No coincidence that we're gifting teams 3 goals every single week since he left the side

Robbo is my fave player and agree he has been a massive loss...as for liam craig..goals apart he has done very little to impress under fenlon or tb...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

we look more competitive going forward with him in our side, and you can never fault him for effort and commitment. I have enjoyed watching SR this season and hope he returns soon, hurry up big man!!