hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to be a killjoy, why do you need to eat during the game?

Buy something before, or after. Either way, it is 3pm not lunch or dinner time...
    Do you have kids?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Do you have kids?

It will take a hard parent to say no to their kids at the football.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Do you have kids?

My 6 year old grandson is a season ticket holder and always brings a bag full of goodies with him. He wouldn't eat the crap on offer at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    Yes, as wanted to speak to the catering manager, is that ok with you.
    You’re in too deep mate. You need to forget about the catering and get back to just enjoying your football again.

We’re playing the best football we’ve seen at ER for years. Winning games, scoring goals. Forget about the catering and enjoy how Stevie Mallan strikes a ball instead.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    ChazD

I completely hear what you are saying, (and it's fantastic that we have nothing else to moan about other than crap pies)

But in an ideal world this would be my match day experience (I know everyone differs, but this is mine)

Arrive nice and early to meet up with friends and enjoy a nice drink in a supporters bar, owned by the club where the profits go to the club. Then take my seat and watch Hibs score a goal or two up to half time. Have a little comfort break and buy a snack and a drink (cold on a hot day, hot drink on a cold day) from in-house caterers run by the club where the profits go to the club, or from a vendor that pays something to the club for the privilege.

Return for the second half to watch Hibs play more classy, silky football and win the match comfortably, keeping a clean sheet, hear the final whistle, give the boys a good ol' cheer, then return to the bar to regale with friends over how superb the game was over a few more drinks, which results in more cash going to the club. Then go home nice and happy.

£2.50 For a Capri Sun is shocking when you can buy a multi pack of the stuff for the same price. The pizzas look shan, hotdogs look anemic and pies are dug ****.

Can't really go wrong with a bovril. Or can they.......

Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    You’re in too deep mate. You need to forget about the catering and get back to just enjoying your football again.

We’re playing the best football we’ve seen at ER for years. Winning games, scoring goals. Forget about the catering and enjoy how Stevie Mallan strikes a ball instead.
    This 100%.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Buying bovril cups are quite cheap.They certainly do not cost £2-50 each as charged

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    just before half time we bought 2 pies and a coffee, got to our seat to find the Pies brick hard and I mean break hard. I could not even break the crust with my fingers. Took them back and the girl said sorry I'll check the ovens for 2 softer ones. She checked all 3 ovens and all the pies were the same brick hard as they have been in the ovens too long. She give us our moneys back. During the 2nd half a guy just along from us was trying to eat a pie and was saying its brick hard, told him to take it back which he did. I went down to see how he got on and the catering manageress was there. I explained what had happed and told her about the catering here and all she said was it was Hibs Management that tell them when to put the ovens on and off. I told her this was absolutely nonsense and walked away. I'm so surprised there is not a lot of fans here complaining today as when she checked the ovens for me at half time all the pies were brick hard. When are the Fans Reps going to do something about this? we keep complaining about this and they say they will look into it but nothing happens. must be the Worst Catering in Scotland.

Anyone else have any problems with the quality of food on Saturday at the game.
    I got the pies in on Saturday and can confirm that they were all a bit hard and overdone - although mine was at least edible. I think perhaps they are caught between the "rock" of the pies being overdone and too hard, and the "hard place" of them being too soft and falling to bits. What's the solution? Nae idea as a pie making expert I am not (pie eating? that's another matter entirely lols).

My main gripe on Saturday though was not the pies but the sauce - ie ALL the sauce in the East Stand had run out long before the end of half time with no-one bothering their erse to replenish them.

I went over to the counter and complained about this as it happens EVERY week without fail and gets right on my thrupennies as it's purely down to lack of foresight and/or care or just plain laziness and is entirely preventable.

Is it just me that really like the pizza slices?

There's no excuse for the crap football fans are offered as "catering". Most of the stuff is a health hazard that would be classed as abuse if offered to those in 3rd world countries.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The only thing I'll buy is a bovril in the colder months, the rest is over priced tasteless guff, coffee tastes like dishwater and the food is disgusting for the prices.
    I remember one time having a matchday hangover and hitting upon the (I thought) bright idea of a cup of tea before KO.

BAD IDEA - it was absolutely bowfin! The horrible dried milk in it tasted like it had been lying about too long and each taste of this so called tea made me feel just a little bit more ill. So I ended up ditching it - not much cope considering the extortionate prices charged for such utter crap.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post

Well said.

PS The pies in the West Upper are tremendous. Piping hot and decent quality. I always get one before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Brilliant

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Given how often we are reminded about the importance of income generation to the club, you’d think improving the catering would be a fairly easy win.

Better offer = higher earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Given how often we are reminded about the importance of income generation to the club, you’d think improving the catering would be a fairly easy win.

Better offer = higher earnings.
    We don't get the income from the catering. As I understand it, we get a rent from the catering company.

As it stands, it makes no financial difference to the club how much the food is, or how crap it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Match day is about watching the team, not pies.
    To be fair we’ve watched a fair bit of mince the last few years aside 😜

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    We don't get the income from the catering. As I understand it, we get a rent from the catering company.

As it stands, it makes no financial difference to the club how much the food is, or how crap it is.

Well there’s your problem then.

If I were running the club I’d be wanting out of that contract pronto.

Coaching Staff

Think the current management of the club though are aware of ‘the match day experience’ that reasonable food on offer contributes to, and would much rather read positive appraisals than customer complaints.

Obviously it’s not the highest of priorities in regard to running a football club, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t discussed at boardroom meetings.

Even a topic that could be raised at the AGM........it’s about providing a quality match day experience...obviously results are the most important by far, but incidentals like catering, seating, ticketing etc, etc are all part of the tapestry of a football club

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Think the current management of the club though are aware of ‘the match day experience’ that reasonable food on offer contributes to, and would much rather read positive appraisals than customer complaints.

Obviously it’s not the highest of priorities in regard to running a football club, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t discussed at boardroom meetings.

Even a topic that could be raised at the AGM........it’s about providing a quality match day experience...obviously results are the most important by far, but incidentals like catering, seating, ticketing etc, etc are all part of the tapestry of a football club
    Though I was going to say that I dunno why people bother eating this overpriced garbage at the football, I think you are right.

Regardless of whether it's a contract with outside catering and Hibs make no money etc, it's about perception really - i.e. the perception currently being that the food 'Hibs' serve up is rubbish. Nobody really cares that it's some contractor or any such details - it's served up at Hibs games inside Hibs' stadium, and the buck does stop with the club.

In Wellington it's a slightly different scenario where various sports/clubs play at the stadium, but there were similar complaints about the quality of food / beverages on offer for a long time. They then changed tack from the standard catering / rubbish beer (yes, beer at the football!) and got local independent caterers on board. You can still get the same old rubbish you always could, but there are loads of different choices from a variety of stalls throughout the concourse - i.e. gourmet pizza, gourmet hot dogs, gourmet anything(!) as well as local craft beer, proper barista coffee etc etc. The complaints have stopped and everyone has a choice - also good marketing and exposure for the local companies involved, so win-win.

Hard to see why similar arrangements couldn't be made at Easter Road really?

I very much doubt whether it's discussed at Board Meetings. They've given a contract to whoever offered the most cash, and they won't bother thinking about it again until the contract is up for renewal.

Fans are taken for granted and in all my time watching football, I've never seen many instances where the owners bother about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    I very much doubt whether it's discussed at Board Meetings. They've given a contract to whoever offered the most cash, and they won't bother thinking about it again until the contract is up for renewal.

Fans are taken for granted and in all my time watching football, I've never seen many instances where the owners bother about us.

If I remember correctly the catering was supposed to be brought in house 2 seasons ago. That was LD that said that unless I’m mistaken.

I love these threads. They always bring out at least one poster who gets uppity because some have the temerity to eat outside ‘proper’ meal times.

‘Sad!’ as one cretinous leader of the Free World may tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I love these threads. They always bring out at least one poster who gets uppity because some have the temerity to eat outside ‘proper’ meal times.

‘Sad!’ as one cretinous leader of the Free World may tweet.

I work permanent night shift. My meal times are different to most people’s.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Well there’s your problem then.

If I were running the club I’d be wanting out of that contract pronto.
    The club will be happy with that arrangement. They have guaranteed income, without the hassle of employing staff.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The club will be happy with that arrangement. They have guaranteed income, without the hassle of employing staff.

... or dealing with orders, stock, etc.

That some folk on here spend over 5 quid for a bad pie and bovril is amazing,really, 5 quid, when yi kin buy it 200 metres fae the stadium before the game for a couple of quid, mair money than sense. How many great smelling, small queued local bakeries or chippies do you pass on the way. Each tae thur ain ah suppose.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If I remember correctly the catering was supposed to be brought in house 2 seasons ago. That was LD that said that unless I’m mistaken.