hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar

Simon Murray / The Rangers

Hibernian reject six-figure bid, should Rangers increase offer?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/11/hibernian-reject-six-figure-bid-should-rangers-increase-offer/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/11/hibernian-reject-six-figure-bid-should-rangers-increase-offer/
    That website is full of absolute nonsense, mainly clickbait for fans of well-supported teams.

It ran an article saying Rangers would play £4m for SJM the other week...as if they have that kind of money.

Even if it was remotely true I couldn't see Hibs doing any business with them that didn't involve money up front. So thats them out!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Even if it was remotely true I couldn't see Hibs doing any business with them that didn't involve money up front. So thats them out!
    Agreed, the fee should be up front, and also inflated so the price is 1.5x our asking price for that lot.

14 goals and 6 assists in 25 games and there’s Hibs fans on other threads saying we are in a position to let him go. Baffling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Offer from sevco.?

I'm guessing their 6 figures will have 3 either side of the decimal point and be 6 instalments.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    14 goals and 6 assists in 25 games and there’s Hibs fans on other threads saying we are in a position to let him go. Baffling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I concur.especially with some of the crap players we've had over the years,he's a bit raw and has to work to improve I'll Grant people that.

First Team Breakthrough Joe Baker2's Avatar
    Hope Murray stays. Loads of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    THIS! Even 10million to THEM, no way, or any other Scottish team, Jim McLean knew!

Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/11...ncrease-offer/
    Two of the six figures were in pence.

The author of that piece is obviously just a fan (of The New Rangers) who writes online articles rather than an actual journalist.

He also clearly doesn't watch much Scottish football other than Rangers games. He's seen Murray score a great goal against them at Ibrox and that's his research.

Anyone who knows anything about Hibs players will know that Simon Murray will not be courted by The Rangers 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    The author of that piece is obviously just a fan (of The New Rangers) who writes online articles rather than an actual journalist.

He also clearly doesn't watch much Scottish football other than Rangers games. He's seen Murray score a great goal against them at Ibrox and that's his research.

Anyone who knows anything about Hibs players will know that Simon Murray will not be courted by The Rangers 😂

Just some random hun dude giving it large from his mums house somewhere in nowheresville. Typical hun still reminiscing of bygone days when the old huns were using tax evasion measures to steal other teams players.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    My feelings exactly.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post

Just some random hun dude giving it large from his mums house somewhere in nowheresville. Typical hun still reminiscing of bygone days when the old huns were using tax evasion measures to steal other teams players.
    Or as Chick Young put it on Sportsound a few weeks back - "when Rangers had money". He was whacking himself silly reminiscing about the rumour once upon a time that the huns had bid for (Brazilian) Ronaldo.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    If SM were to develop in the same way Boyle has then we have got an absolute gem of a player in our hands.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    League Cup shouldn't count. If full time Pro footballers can't score enough to beat a team like, say, Peterhead then you're a wee team with **** fans and a crap stadium.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    Simon made it clear he wants to stay at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Simon made it clear he wants to stay at ER.
    Hope so

Don't understand why we are keen on offloading Murray. We only bought him in the Summer and he's since done not badly. Personally I'd want to keep him

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Don't understand why we are keen on offloading Murray. We only bought him in the Summer and he's since done not badly. Personally I'd want to keep him
    Who said we are? You really should know better than believe some of the crap rumours on this site.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Who said we are? You really should know better than believe some of the crap rumours on this site.

According to reports today it seemed quite apparent to me that Lenny was simply keeping SM informed of the bid coming in. Certainly does not appear that the club are in any rush to move on this talented forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    did not know we were keen on this scenario. you in the know?

Murray loves the hibs, he'll score in the upcoming derby..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post

His bio on 'Linked-in' -

'I've always aspired to become a journalist and experience the sporting world in a different avenue to just being a fan. I've always been confident that I could reach a stage where I can look back and say I've made it as a successful journalist, and I believe that I am more than ambitious enough to do so, whether it be sport, print, broadcast or plain journalism'

He's based in Gloucester so how that qualifies him to comment on Scottish Football I dunno but he appears to live in the era BEFORE they got caught cheating -

'should convince (Murty) the 43-year-old boss to land Murray by upping Elazigspor's offer to a fee Hibs simply cannot refuse'

Sorry Will but if you really want to be a journalist you really need to do some proper research (a wee bit more than just the 'Daily Rectum' pages is advisable !) because then you'd find that the Hun SIMPLY don't have the cash !!