hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see this a lot about Petrie. That he's playing the long game and that he will come good. Never happens. Sometimes you just have to accept that someone is not right for the role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    I posted up a previous post of yours from a few weeks ago, which was already setting the stage for the statement to be released. I won't withdraw it, because anyone who cares to look themselves can find it and other posts in the Rangers thread.

The fact that you're all getting so upset over it however doesn't look good. If it was a load of nonsense, you'd be able to just laugh it off as being just that. But instead you're getting yourselves worked up over it. Why is that? If it's just a load of rubbish i'm spouting, then why the unease?

You don't get truth on forums, you get opinions and it's my opinion that certain posters on here knew in advance what the statment was going to be about and posted accordingly in an attempt to dull the mood on the matter before the public release.

You're entitled to disagree, but i'm well within my right to hold this view. You can break your own rules by banning me, but again, it's doesn't look good.

Well now that this ban has proven this guy was right all along the questions Marinello must answer are these: who was on the Grassy Knoll, where is Lord Lucan, what happened to Amelia Earheart, is Hitler alive in a secret Antarctica Nazi base and what really happened at the Flannan lighthouse?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Bash on, Hibs and Kilmarnock have a grand total of 0 players on loan from Celtic. If you recall Christie from Aberdeen that will benefit us as it weakens one of our rivals.
    ....And I for one won't lose any sleep over a few less smelly inferior greens attending Easter Road.

Just because a club isn't as ****my or as sectarian as Rangers... doesn't mean they're not **** or sectarian.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I disagree with a lot of Andy's posts but he always provides a reason for his views.
    Reasoned slavering is still slavering. I should know

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Well now that this ban has proven this guy was right all along the questions Marinello must answer are these: who was on the Grassy Knoll, where is Lord Lucan, what happened to Amelia Earheart, is Hitler alive in a secret Antarctica Nazi base and what really happened at the Flannan lighthouse?
    Aren't these all Nicola Sturgeon's fault? I'm sure I read that somewhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Public flogging of Craig Thomson

Leigh to be forced back to ER

The outing of Marinello59 as the club's mole on Hibs.net
    Why no public flogging of #59? Or is the post the outing?

They're all safely under lock and key on the film set that NASA used for the moon landings.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Nats read books?

Nats read books?
    No need, your posts are ... unputdownable ODS.

Gamer IDs

No need, your posts are ... unputdownable ODS.
    Quite. You might even label them Hibs class...

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I don't know about the rest, but the answer to what happened at the Flannan lighthouse came to me in a flash...
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    As painful as it was at the time watching some dreadful players and managers on the park Petrie's penny pinching ways helped us not only survive through financial turmoil but come out the other end in a far better position with one of the very best infastructures in scottish football which we are starting to capitalise on now, ten years later.
    What about all the money he cost us in sacking managers, player turnover every year and relegation? We'd not be where we are today on the park if Leanne hadn't come in and worked wonders turning round the ever declining shambles we in were under him for years. He also got a get out of jail free card in winning the Scottish Cup which galvanised a support out on its feet.

i can only hope he never gets the top job in the SFA as what if Leanne's then not available to bail him out.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It was actually salmond that did it all. Once nicola sorts it all out he'll elbow her out the way again and with a wave of his cloak and magic wand he'll be back

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Nats read books?
    Aye they do - The Broons and Oor Wullie christmas annuals.....

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    What about all the money he cost us in sacking managers, player turnover every year and relegation? We'd not be where we are today on the park if Leanne hadn't come in and worked wonders turning round the ever declining shambles we in were under him for years. He also got a get out of jail free card in winning the Scottish Cup which galvanised a support out on its feet.

i can only hope he never gets the top job in the SFA as what if Leanne's then not available to bail him out.
    The managers that were hired were done with the best of intentions and often with decent reputations and careers elsewhere. The fact they severely underperformed, couldn't care less or couldn't get the players to play for them was outwith Petries control and having to sack them was the end result of that and by all accounts the correct decision.
    I dread to think what state we would be in had we decided to stick with Fenlon or Butcher rather than taking the financial hit in getting rid of them.

The playing squad was always hamstrung by the tight budget which we operated under until our financial position improved and led to some shocking players being signed but again the budget was set by Petrie as what was affordable for the club at the time and it was up to the managers to make the best use of that which they didn't.

Don't get me wrong, Petrie did a bad job in terms of putting a competitive team on the pitch and operating as a top football club which is what we all want to see as fans and our relegation was the result of those years and decisions but he is also responsible for laying the foundations that Depster has rebuilt us on with a fully completed modern stadium, dedicated training facilities and minimal debt with a structured repayment plan without going insolvent.

The other teams in our league that outperformed us by throwing money at thier teams through the same period would love to be in the position we are now but instead they have had to endure administrations, building stands that will be a financial burden for many years, selling thier traditional homes to fund new out-of-town stadiums, renting shared training facilities and sliding down the leagues while well run, sensible clubs like St Johnstone and Ross County are playing in Europe and winning trophies without overburdening themselves.

Petrie is to blame for a lot of our woes from the last 15 years including our relegation but to say he hasn't done anything good for us long term or ignore the part he played in getting us to where we are now is wrong IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    The managers that were hired were done with the best of intentions and often with decent reputations and careers elsewhere. The fact they severely underperformed, couldn't care less or couldn't get the players to play for them was outwith Petries control and having to sack them was the end result of that and by all accounts the correct decision.
    I dread to think what state we would be in had we decided to stick with Fenlon or Butcher rather than taking the financial hit in getting rid of them.

The playing squad was always hamstrung by the tight budget which we operated under until our financial position improved and led to some shocking players being signed but again the budget was set by Petrie as what was affordable for the club at the time and it was up to the managers to make the best use of that which they didn't.

Don't get me wrong, Petrie did a bad job in terms of putting a competitive team on the pitch and operating as a top football club which is what we all want to see as fans and our relegation was the result of those years and decisions but he is also responsible for laying the foundations that Depster has rebuilt us on with a fully completed modern stadium, dedicated training facilities and minimal debt with a structured repayment plan without going insolvent.

The other teams in our league that outperformed us by throwing money at thier teams through the same period would love to be in the position we are now but instead they have had to endure administrations, building stands that will be a financial burden for many years, selling thier traditional homes to fund new out-of-town stadiums, renting shared training facilities and sliding down the leagues while well run, sensible clubs like St Johnstone and Ross County are playing in Europe and winning trophies without overburdening themselves.

Petrie is to blame for a lot of our woes from the last 15 years including our relegation but to say he hasn't done anything good for us long term or ignore the part he played in getting us to where we are now is wrong IMO.
    Excellent post MyJo

Agree apart from the Fenlon part, Calderwood should be in his place. Fenlon would've kept us up that season, easily.

Did Aberdeen fans want Milne out for saying the same as the Hibs statement? Just curious as I've not heard much talk of demonstrations etc from Dons fans I know.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    Excellent post MyJo
    Can't argue with that.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Did Aberdeen fans want Milne out for saying the same as the Hibs statement? Just curious as I've not heard much talk of demonstrations etc from Dons fans I know.
    I heard they stood silently rustling their sweetie papers inside Murrayfield last Saturday.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Can anyone who is unhappy with the club statement tell me what ultimately they would expect to happen to Rangers?

What is it specifically we want to see done? In other words, what is the actual sanction we want and will be satisfied with?

Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    Can anyone who is unhappy with the club statement tell me what ultimately they would expect to happen to Rangers?

What is it specifically we want to see done? In other words, what is the actual sanction we want and will be satisfied with?
    The current Rangers? Absolutely nothing.

Specfically I want:

- all competitions won by the cheating Old Rangers declared void. An "*" inserted beside those years in the record books.
    - a comprehensive enquiry into the SFA and SPL, who knew what and when and what did they do about it.

Preferably I want both but either is better than nothing.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Theres the rub, there is no "we".

A number of people on here want a root and branch enquiry, wide ranging relating to the conduct of teams. governing bodies and individuals.

Some people want a more focussed enquiry.

Some just want confirmation that the rules as they stand will be applied ongoing.

Some are not fussed about punishing Oldco by stripping titles, some others want titles stripped.

Some Celtic fans want some other stuff including plod involved.

I may have missed some apects , I am sure someone will be along in a minute to correct me.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Yep. They're absolutely furious.

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/ind...8#entry1480135

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...eace_to_reign/

Ross County chairman also wants to move on.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...eace_to_reign/

Ross County chairman also wants to move on.
    This bit is interesting, talking about the SPFL agitating for an enquiry:-

“I wasn’t involved in this decision even though I am involved at a club,” he said. “It was decided by the SPFL board, it wasn’t decided by the clubs."

That dynamites those (including me) who assumed that the clubs had been canvassed, and that it was a majority decision.

The Board is ..." Les Gray of Hamilton Academical, Ann Budge of Hearts and Stewart Robertson of Rangers." I thought that Budge also wanted to move on, and would have assumed Robertson also wanted to.

(Edit. That bit above is mince. The Board also has 6 other members.)
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 13-09-2017 at 05:44 PM.

I'm open to the idea of dishonestly won titles being scratched from the record. Equally, if there is no legal or reasonable way for this to be done, I'm happy for the titles to remain with Rangers.

As far as I'm concerned - the "Rangers" issue is only part of this. I'm concerned about the governance of Scottish football and the legitimacy of our competitions - what I want is to restore confidence in those running our game.

Who were involved at Rangers during the EBT era? Who has also held a post at the SFA? Who currently holds a position at the SFA? Is this an acceptable situation?

Did all parties (individuals, clubs and authorities) act with suitable candour in relation to the resuscitation of Rangers? Have all parties always acted with suitable integrity and candour when addressing the Lord Nimmo Smith enquiry and subsequent cases in the law courts of Scotland in relation to matters following the resuscitation of Rangers (the Craig Whyte trial etc)?

Were the rules of Scottish football acceptable 10 years ago in relation to financial doping? If not, what has been improved since then?

What rules are in place to protect small businesses and charities who choose to do business with football clubs, to ensure that financial agreements entered into in good faith are kept to?

What rules are in place to ensure that Scottish football clubs behave as all citizens and businesses in this country are expected to in relation to tax obligations? What penalties are in place if these obligations are not met and what flexibility exists to treat some clubs differently to others?

How are UEFA's FFP regulations enforced? What leeway exists to let clubs away with compliance? How consistent do the SFA plan to be in relation to the enforcement of these rules?

There's just a start. I have little interest in giving Sevco a booting for what they may or may not have done 10 - 15 years ago.

I just want to know that when I buy a season ticket, that it is for a clean, honest competition.

I'm far from convinced that any lessons have been learned, by anyone, from the whole Sevco debacle (and chuck in the financial mismanagement of Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell, Livingston, Airdrie, Gretna etc etc).

I want lessons to have been learned.

And I want/ expect the Hibs board to give two hoots.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar

Removal of the word 'rangers' from the English language and the complete destruction of Ibrox would do most fans I reckon.

If an apology from Tony Blair for Iraq could also be arranged I personally would be delighted, although I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This bit is interesting, talking about the SPFL agitating for an enquiry:-

“I wasn’t involved in this decision even though I am involved at a club,” he said. “It was decided by the SPFL board, it wasn’t decided by the clubs."

That dynamites those (including me) who assumed that the clubs had been canvassed, and that it was a majority decision.

The Board is ..." Les Gray of Hamilton Academical, Ann Budge of Hearts and Stewart Robertson of Rangers." I thought that Budge also wanted to move on, and would have assumed Robertson also wanted to.
    "The SPFL board, who announced back in July that no further disciplinary action would be taken against Rangers and none of the titles they won between 2000 and 2011 taken away from them, had called for an independent review into the saga. They will discuss the latest development in the ongoing stand-off at a meeting next week"

If that's the case, why call for an independent review? If it was already decided no sanctions would be taken, and it was, why bother with a trial? Sounds like a review panel might say "Here's what happened and we can't do anything. We've just wasted a year of our time and a large bag of money to achieve nowt. Game over."

Consider that no member club has indicated to the SFA Board that an enquiry would be required, then the SFA is acting in accordance with the wishes of the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    Removal of the word 'rangers' from the English language and the complete destruction of Ibrox would do most fans I reckon.

If an apology from Tony Blair for Iraq could also be arranged I personally would be delighted, although I'm not holding my breath.
    I met several very helpful park rangers on a trip to the US this year. Other than that, seems fair enough though.