hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Swanson

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar

Danny Swanson

I'll admit, the Swanson news didn't get me as excited as some signings / pre-contracts have.

But having read this article on Swanson, he sounds like he'll fill a gap we've been missing for several seasons.

Credit again to Mathie / Craig / Dempster et al at getting this boy in - can't wait to see who else we'll bring in
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Bru View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll admit, the Swanson news didn't get me as excited as some signings / pre-contracts have.

But having read this article on Swanson, he sounds like he'll fill a gap we've been missing for several seasons.

Credit again to Mathie / Craig / Dempster et al at getting this boy in - can't wait to see who else we'll bring in
    Aye it's a very flattering article when you take into account its written by a Jambo. Very positive signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I'm happy. I guess he's happy to move to ER too.

But I suspect he's going to have to work harder than ever to make an impact at Hibs.

Has this actually been confirmed by hibs yet.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Nope. Probably won't be confirmed till St Johnstone have their league position sorted.

I'm looking forward to him signing.

one of the best players outside Celtic in his position, in a team that constantly seem to over achieve.

Will be a very very good addition to our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Nah not yet, but it is a certainty. I'm really looking forward to seeing him perform for us, hopefully he's exactly what need on the left of midfield.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I really hope he turns out to be worth the wait. Expectations will be sky high and his recent past will count against him with a section ofthe support.. Could quickly join the Stevenson/Fyvie group of scapegoats and wage theives. I hope not. I look for the positives in every signing. Just wish others did.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Tommy Wright has basically confirmed it:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-spot-10289028

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Thats confirmed it for me.

nice wee signing. Yes from me

Gamer IDs

From the Scottish Sun online -

DANNY SWANSON has revealed he just couldn’t resist the lure of signing for boyhood heroes Hibs.

SunSport revealed last week he’d agreed a pre-contract with Neil Lennon’s men so will leave St Johnstone this summer.

Swanson, who was recently back in Tommy Wright’s squad following his on-field scrap with team-mate Richard Foster, grew up a Hibs supporter.

And the 30-year-old admits the chance to play at Easter Road was one he couldn’t turn down.

He said: “The opportunity to sign for Hibernian FC was one I couldn’t resist. I’m an Edinburgh boy and grew up supporting the Hibees.

“It’s always been an ambition of mine to play for the club and I am looking forward to this new challenge and to help achieve their goals back in the SPFL Premiership.

“The decision to leave St Johnstone has been a difficult one for me.

“I’ve felt settled at the Saints and really enjoyed my football, and my period at the club has been the most enjoyable satisfying time of my career.

“So, it goes without saying, my decision to leave McDiarmid Park was not taken lightly. However, the pull of Hibernian was too much for me.

“I would like to thank my team-mates, the staff and the supporters at St Johnstone for making me feel very welcome. It’s a fine football club with good values.

“I also want to thank the manager, Tommy Wright, who has supported me in so many ways, on and off the field. His trust in me on the football park allowed me to flourish.

“The way he treated me like an adult off the park also helped me to mature and develop as a person.”

With Saints battling Hearts for a place in Europe Swanson hopes to sign off his time at McDiarmid Park having helped the team stay in fourth place.

He said: “Now that we are in the top six yet again, which is yet another fine achievement, for the next five games, it’s my focus to make sure I play my part in helping St Johnstone qualify for a European place.

“Everyone at the club has worked extremely hard so far this season and it would be a fitting reward at the end of this campaign.

“Beyond that, I look forward to starting my new career with Hibernian in the summer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I'm looking forward to him signing.

one of the best players outside Celtic in his position, in a team that constantly seem to over achieve.

Will be a very very good addition to our squad.
    You could have said the same about Liam Craig 4 years ago. Hopefully we get more from Swanson.

There's a chance for him to get his career with us off to a good start before even kicking a ball, by scoring the winner against the Jambos in the 2nd last game of the season and securing 4th for St Johnstone.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Didn't he say the same when he signed for hearts?

Got into a bit of a debate with my Jambo mate. He is 110% a hibee, but some of them seem to think he's a hearts fan because of an interview he did stating he was one?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    You could have said the same about Liam Craig 4 years ago. Hopefully we get more from Swanson.
    You could say the same about Liam Craig now.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Didn't he say the same when he signed for hearts?

Got into a bit of a debate with my Jambo mate. He is 110% a hibee, but some of them seem to think he's a hearts fan because of an interview he did stating he was one?
    Here's what he said at the time -

“My dad is a massive Hibs supporter but is looking forward to coming along to support me at games. He also looks after a handicapped guy called Alistair who’s into Hearts so he’s going to bring him along.”

Swanson can count on plenty of support from his mum’s side of the family as they are all dyed-in-the-wool Jambos.

And the 28-year-old is sad his late grandfather isn’t still around to see him in a maroon shirt.

He said: “My grandad, Llario Guerri, was a season-ticket holder for over 30 years so I’d like to think he’ll be looking down proud of me.

“He was Italian but came over to Scotland and took to Hearts right away. He took my mum to all the games. Nana Guerri phoned my dad’s pub to speak to him on Thursday night after I signed and she was very emotional.

“She was very pleased so I am happy with that.”

First Team Breakthrough
    Delighted with this signing.
    Got a couple of Jambo mates who reckon he would have been a good player for them but wasn't given anywhere near enough of a chance there.

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    “My dad is a massive Hibs supporter but is looking forward to coming along to support me at games. He also looks after a handicapped guy called Alistair who’s into Hearts so he’s going to bring him along.”

Swanson can count on plenty of support from his mum’s side of the family as they are all dyed-in-the-wool Jambos.

And the 28-year-old is sad his late grandfather isn’t still around to see him in a maroon shirt.

He said: “My grandad, Llario Guerri, was a season-ticket holder for over 30 years so I’d like to think he’ll be looking down proud of me.

“He was Italian but came over to Scotland and took to Hearts right away. He took my mum to all the games. Nana Guerri phoned my dad’s pub to speak to him on Thursday night after I signed and she was very emotional.

“She was very pleased so I am happy with that.”

My mum and dad have often mentioned that guy's name, he was one of the Italians that helped others out when they moved over. Never met the man, but I now realise I actually never liked him....

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

'It’s one of those situations as a manager that we’ll move on from and I’m better keeping my thoughts to myself'.

@hibs.net private member
    Radio Scotland now reporting Danny has signed a pre contract.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Heard it confirmed on Forth 1 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Exactly what I thought, hoping he contributes to us pushing on to bigger things

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Just been confirmed by the club.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7503
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He also said

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Swanson on the BBC
    Don't listen to rumours! I'm a Hearts fan and I'm here to do a job for Hearts
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34216237

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Just telling the muppets what they want to hear.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    While he was playing for hearts he was a Hearts fan, of course he wanted them to win every week.

I think people read too much into who players supported, for the most part they'd be playing football most Saturdays during the season growing up so although most of them will have their allegiances they are unlikely to be like the majority on here who wouldn't dream of playing for the likes of the hearts.

Neil Lennon mentions Swanson in his latest HTV interview. Sounds desperate to get more goals from midfield/out wide, has watched him a few times and has always been impressed - plus mentions that as a 'Leith boy' Danny gets the club.

Exactly the kind of signing we should be making, taking a top 6/4 side's best player. Great business early doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Neil Lennon mentions Swanson in his latest HTV interview. Sounds desperate to get more goals from midfield/out wide, has watched him a few times and has always been impressed - plus mentions that as a 'Leith boy' Danny gets the club.

Exactly the kind of signing we should be making, taking a top 6/4 side's best player. Great business early doors.

Once Lewis Morgan signs from st mirren we will have plenty attacking options