hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: Butcher: Moving Forward

Watch the manager's interview on Hibernian TV

More...

2. Log in to remove the advert

We have heard the talk ..... Now time to walk the walk .. Supporter confidence has taken a hammering and the only way to improve the confidence is by winning games ... Some of them comfortably !!

Zoning out to the talk from now on. It's result from here onwards that count, nothing else.

Left by mutual consent!
    Time to walk the walk.

Keep the faith, in Butcher we trust

As he says, we've shown what we can do if we adhere to the high standards set at the beginning and we've seen what can happen if we fall below them. I hope this is a turning point.

Butcher is definitely the man to take us forward in the long term. He knows what needs to be done.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Butcher is the man, had every confidence in him since he arrived and that remains today.

Give him time and I promise you Hibs will be a different club this time in a year.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not interested in any more talking unless it's on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it something in the air down there or are you always this negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Is it something in the air down there or are you always this negative?

Down where? I'm up here and not being negative just stating my feelings.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yep, Fenlon always talked a good game and was pretty sincere, its all about Terry getting the players to understand that a couple of half decent wins at the beginning doesn't mean you have suddenly turned the corner, I want deeds not words from now on.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    On some other thread, on some other subject at some other time, Dave F posted 'blah blah blah, DO something about it'.

That's how I feel about this interview.

Butcher sounds tired too, have we worn him down already?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    On some other thread, on some other subject at some other time, Dave F posted 'blah blah blah, DO something about it'.

That's how I feel about this interview.

Butcher sounds tired too, have we worn him down already?
    Maybe he's realised that he can only do so much with this group of players.

I'm not sure what people want him to say. If he didn't do such interviews he would be slaughtered.

Not being convinced by the butcher appointment . I think he thought it would be easier than It has been so far. Easy street in Inverness where expectations are low he talks a good game and plays to the media time to shut up and get results if he doesn't get top 6 he will be another mediocre manager.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Not being convinced by the butcher appointment . I think he thought it would be easier than It has been so far. Easy street in Inverness where expectations are low he talks a good game and plays to the media time to shut up and get results if he doesn't get top 6 he will be another mediocre manager.
    Quality post. sickback would be proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Quality post. sickback would be proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    He's been in the door five minutes and only one of his signings has started.

Low expectations or not, he worked miracles at Inverness. He will do the same here as he will be given time.

Keep the faith.

We heard similar stuff after the St Mirren game and we've lost both games since then shipping 7 goals so I will wait until Saturday to see if he's able to get the required reaction. This time I think he will though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    He's been in the door five minutes and only one of his signings has started.

Low expectations or not, he worked miracles at Inverness. He will do the same here as he will be given time.

Keep the faith.
    Excellent reply to another ridiculous post!

Left by mutual consent!
    I wanted Terry to get the job. I believe Terry will do a good job.

I'm not paying too much attention to what he does or says this season (within reason) and where he finishes next season is the to really evaluate how he has done. As I have said in another thread if we don't finish top 6 by the end of 2014/15 then I'll see Butcher as another failed appointment.

We weren't far off the top 6 under Fenlon and despite the fact that I never rated Fenlon, I don't think it was out with his grasp to get that squad top 6 or there abouts this season so it should be well within Terry's to do it in 2014/15 with the nucleous of what he's got plus a few players added in the summer.

Terry's "gimme" is not getting too much stick if we don't get top 6 this season though we weren't far off it when he got the job and he had over half a season to get us there. He shouldn't get the same concession if we don't make top 6 come the end of 2014/15.

The way the board handled the transfer window just gone showed me that they were not really that serious about getting top 6 and having a crack at the Scottish cup this season. It comes across that their attitude was "if it happens, it happens but we're not busting our balls for it".

I'm hoping they were just saving the resources to make big in road in the summer. I wait with interest to see what they come up with.
    Last edited by The Sea-gull; 11-02-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    I wanted Terry to get the job. I believe Terry will do a good job.

I'm not paying too much attention to what he does or says this season (within reason) and where he finishes next season is the to really evaluate how he has done. As I have said in another thread if we don't finish top 6 by the end of 2014/15 then I'll see Butcher as another failed appointment.

We weren't far off the top 6 under Fenlon and despite the fact that I never rated Fenlon, I don't think it was out with his grasp to get that squad top 6 or there abouts this season so it should be well within Terry's to do it in 2014/15 with the nucleous of what he's got plus a few players added in the summer.

Terry's "gimme" is not getting too much stick if we don't get top 6 this season though we weren't far off it when he got the job and he had over half a season to get us there. He shouldn't get the same concession if we don't make top 6 come the end of 2014/15.

The way he and/or the board handled the transfer window just gone showed me that they were not really that serious about getting top 6 and having a crack at the Scottish cup this season. It comes across that their attitude was "if it happens, it happens but we're not busting our balls for it".

I'm hoping they were just saving the resources to make big in road in the summer. I wait with interest to see what they come up with.
    Really? I see what your saying mate and I agree with the need to wait until the end of next season to assess TB's short term success. I do disagree with the comment about top 6 and the Transfer window. I doubt a man like TB, a winner through and through would shrug his shoulders and say 'Im not fussed for top 6. He'll be desperate to finish as high as possible for more money and pride. The Transfer Window is a difficult one. The players to take us forward on a permanent basis, a fact TB came out and said so himself. I jave no doubt if the players he wanted were available, within budget we'd have had several signings. I think you just need to look at Arsenal, Liverpool n Man City for examples of how difficult the Jan window is.
    Last edited by Reaper; 11-02-2014 at 04:29 PM.

I have confidence that Butcher will do a good job in the long term but I also agree with other posters in that I don|t want to hear what he, or the payers, think, I just want to see results.

Id actually prefer to hear no talk from any of them until weve started winning again.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I have confidence that Butcher will do a good job in the long term but I also agree with other posters in that I don|t want to hear what he, or the payers, think, I just want to see results.

Id actually prefer to hear no talk from any of them until weve started winning again.
    In fairness he's obliged to do media/Hibs Tv interviews as part of his contract. If he came out and said 'Naw we've no chance of top 6, we're pish. Raith deserved to win cos we're worse than they are, I expected to lose. I couldnt be arsed signing players in January Ill just wait till the summer, its easier', .....The place would be in melt down haha

Butcher needs time. Most on here gave Fenlon a decent kick at the ball before it became clear he was toiling. Butcher has had about 12 weeks and it seems some can't wait to get the knives out.

I understand it's frustrating, I regularly said of those still supporting Fenlon at the end that giving the wrong man time for times sake was folly. But it's my opinion that Butcher and Co are the right men. Theu have had 3 months and 1 transfer window. The mess we have been for the last few years is going to take longer than that to sort. I genuinely think we are already, very slowly, turning towards the right direction.

What Hibs (player, manager and board) need to do is make sure we salvage some positives out of this season. Another derby win and a top 6 finish would be good. Everyone has a part to play. The support has to support, the club has to keep us interested going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    Watch the manager's interview on Hibernian TV

More...
    Still think he is the right man for the job though... but like probably the majority i'm sick ay hearing from manager after manager and the long list of wooo me players about what we are going to do. Just ******g do it!!!

Do what you are paid to do and that is win games and trophies for my club...

If anyone from the club is reading in on this thread - PLEASE TAKE NOTE THE FANS WANT THE PLAYERS TO DO THE TALKING ON THE PITCH NOT OFF IT!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    Really? I see what your saying mate and I agree with the need to wait until the end of next season to assess TB's short term success. I do disagree with the comment about top 6 and the Transfer window. I doubt a man like TB, a winner through and through would shrug his shoulders and say 'Im not fussed for top 6. He'll be desperate to finish as high as possible for more money and pride. The Transfer Window is a difficult one. The players to take us forward on a permanent basis, a fact TB came out and said so himself. I jave no doubt if the players he wanted were available, within budget we'd have had several signings. I think you just need to look at Arsenal, Liverpool n Man City for examples of how difficult the Jan window is.
    You are right. Butcher is a winner and like any manager he would have loved to have got in permanent players to make something of this season and beyond. I have amended my post to reflect who I believe was probably to blame for the lack of pivotal signings last month.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Tbh I'm a bit fed up hearing he needs to get his own players in, we hear the same thing every time a new manager is appointed. Bottom line for me is the players at his disposal should not have lost 3 goals at home to Raith Rovers. His comments afterwards suggest he has no idea what happened on Saturday, but he blundered badly with tactics and formation - his comment about losing the midfield battle but yet making no changes to address that I found amazing.

I am NOT writing Butcher off, I hope in time he will become the manager to move us forward, but so far he's not been the messiah a number on here are painting him as.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    As he says, we've shown what we can do if we adhere to the high standards set at the beginning and we've seen what can happen if we fall below them. I hope this is a turning point.

Butcher is definitely the man to take us forward in the long term. He knows what needs to be done.
    this

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Chill..Terry will get it right!!!...if people felt it would happen overnight,they must be kidding themselves!
    we need stability and TB will given the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    Chill..Terry will get it right!!!...if people felt it would happen overnight,they must be kidding themselves!
    we need stability and TB will given the chance!

Now where have I heard that before, maybe just maybe eh!