hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Less than 30 Molde fans?

I'd have thought a trip to Edinburgh might have proved a more attractive proposition but then I don't really know what size of fan base they have. What sort of crowds do they get at home? Hopefully another decent Hibs support in Norway next week will drum up an atmosphere that will help get us through the tie. Another great turnout by the Hibs support though given how many big games are coming thick and fast. What are we averaging at home for these Euro ties? About 15k? Way more than we'd have been getting if we'd been playing in the Betfred Cup group stages instead. Must be a good boost to the club coffers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd have thought a trip to Edinburgh might have proved a more attractive proposition but then I don't really know what size of fan base they have. What sort of crowds do they get at home? Hopefully another decent Hibs support in Norway next week will drum up an atmosphere that will help get us through the tie. Another great turnout by the Hibs support though given how many big games are coming thick and fast. What are we averaging at home for these Euro ties? About 15k? Way more than we'd have been getting if we'd been playing in the Betfred Cup group stages instead. Must be a good boost to the club coffers.
    Think it was about 40-45. Maybe difficult to get accommodation at quite short notice because of the Festival?

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    I counted 41, that’s not accounting for anyone away for a piss or a pie!
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Think it was about 40-45. Maybe difficult to get accommodation at quite short notice because of the Festival?
    Yes, that's a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Their average home gate last season was about 7800.
    Like you, I'd have expected a couple of hundred to make the trip.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I've no idea about Norway, but in many countries it can be very difficult to get the odd day off work outwith 'blocks' of holidays.

Left by mutual consent!
    Festival prices with the flights maybe too.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    That's a very good point

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I've no idea about Norway, but in many countries it can be very difficult to get the odd day off work outwith 'blocks' of holidays.
    If I'm understanding this correctly, Norwegians get 4 weeks holiday per year, which they have to take in a block of 3 weeks and a block of 1 week.

http://www.nyinorge.no/en/Ny-i-Norge...d-holiday-pay/

Saw two guys sitting together well away from the little huddle of Norwegian fans..... Looked like Window licking Potter fans.

Shan support.. but they are in the middle of nowhere and probably think they have a easy passage to the next round.. must admit it pisses me off that a club the size of Ross County can compete so well at this level..

I wonder how many fans we’d take to qualifiers if we ended up in Europe almost every season?

First Team Breakthrough
    We are Hibernian fc
    We hate jam tarts and we hate Dundee
    We will fight were ever we will be but we are yer famous HFC...xx

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    I wonder how many fans we’d take to qualifiers if we ended up in Europe almost every season?
    My guess would be about 300-400

Coaching Staff
    Cost of accommodation at festival time would undoubtedly deter many....know from personal experience!

100% there would be absolutely nowhere for them to stay.

I would imagine everyone of their fans that came over were all staying in 2 bedroom AirBnb in Muirhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post

I would imagine everyone of their fans that came over were all staying in 2 bedroom AirBnb in Muirhouse.
    Not at all. I mentioned on another thread it's a myth hotels are completely full during the month of August. If you go onto booking.com now you would be able to book a city centre hotel on any night of this month including weekends , the rates are higher though due to demand.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Shan support.. but they are in the middle of nowhere and probably think they have a easy passage to the next round.. must admit it pisses me off that a club the size of Ross County can compete so well at this level..
    They have a mega rich sugar daddy which helps.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Not at all. I mentioned on another thread it's a myth hotels are completely full during the month of August. If you go onto booking.com now you would be able to book a city centre hotel on any night of this month including weekends , the rates are higher though due to demand.
    I’d also wager that if there was a significant festival on in Molde at the moment limiting rooms, we’d still take hundreds over next week who would just hope for the best when they get there We take a battering in this country for our support but this European run shows again that we are so well better supported than a number of countries.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Afraid you are wrong, there is plenty of accommodation in the city - hotel / guest house / b&b and airbnb if you can be bothered looking.

Their travel, food and drink and accommodation costs would be a fraction of the cost I am paying in Norway next week.

No excuse - kinda like a Bournemouth, small club, crap support with a lot of TV or commercial money.

I bumped into 2 last night that were sleeping ina rental car. This thread lacks class

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    The important thing is that the blazers belonging to the organisations which run Scottish football are working hard to address this and not just working hard to:
    - maintain their blazer endowing privileges
    - dream up new ways to suck up to the bigot brothers
    - screw over smaller teams which fall foul of regulations while avoiding applying penalties equally
    etc. etc.

A good crowd for them is 6000 at home. Molde is a small place in Norway away up in the mountains, and well done to anyone who travelled over. Let's not knock them.

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Bumped into 2-3 middle aged fans on the way to the car after the match. They gave my 7 yr old son their Molde flags and said ‘hope to see you next week’’.

Nice touch. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    A good crowd for them is 6000 at home. Molde is a small place in Norway away up in the mountains, and well done to anyone who travelled over. Let's not knock them.
    Yep. We should be proud and encouraged by the big crowds we take abroad.. not having a go or being concerned about lower attendances from other teams.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Saw two guys sitting together well away from the little huddle of Norwegian fans..... Looked like Window licking Potter fans.
    I was in the south last night. At half time I was out the back and around 6 fans were brought round from the Molde section because they’d entered by the wrong turnstiles.

United we stand here....

Me and a mate drove up from near Manchester yesterday, got to the match a couple of minutes into the game, and 'kipped' in the car near Portobello til about 5.30/6am then headed back. Feeling it now but the things we do for football eh.

Quote Originally Posted by McrHibee View Post
    Me and a mate drove up from near Manchester yesterday, got to the match a couple of minutes into the game, and 'kipped' in the car near Portobello til about 5.30/6am then headed back. Feeling it now but the things we do for football eh.
    Not much help to you now, but there’s a train to Manchester Airport via Piccadilly that leaves Waverley at 22:13 on a weeknight. Quite a few of us on it last night.

Was speaking to a couple in the pub before the game said they only get about 6/7k

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Not much help to you now, but there’s a train to Manchester Airport via Piccadilly that leaves Waverley at 22:13 on a weeknight. Quite a few of us on it last night.
    Nice one pal, I usually get the cheap direct train from Warrington but will definitely keep this in mind for future trips.