hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality

Quality

We need one maybe two.. and we’re good to go.. midfielders.. no names yet but input welcome..

2. Log in to remove the advert

He wasn't on for long, but I thought Hyndman oozed quality.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Allan. We need Scott Allan for the cutting through balls he plays. No one else in our team really seems to do that.

A prime example is the slide rule pass for Kamberi in the 5-3 Killie game towards the end of last season. No one else in our squad is capable of that kind of pass. Perfect pace and outstanding vision.

Sign him and a holding midfielder and we're sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Snap.
    High class signing.
    Can't believe folks are not excited about this guy.
    I predict we will be begging Bournemouth to let us keep him for the season come January.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Bring Scotty home!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Snap.
    High class signing.
    I predict we will be begging Bournemouth to let us keep him for the season come January.
    Yep, this!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hyndman is a similar type of player to Allan from what I remember when he played for Sevco. An attacking creative number 10.

Think we need a Mulumbu/Kamara type of player. A ball winning midfielder that is good defensively.

Think we are 2-3 quality players away from having a great squad. If we can get past Molde and bring in that quality, I really think we could get pretty far in Europe.

Not just quality, going to need to beef up that squad if we make it to the group stages. Can already see players getting knocks and niggles playing so regularly. Bring it on!

not an argument, but cant see what he brought to the table as he was only on for a few minutes. I thought he was ex-the Rangers maybe get a game sometime, or is there more to him than that? not knocking him, just curious as to his background.

Testimonial Due
    Snap.
    High class signing.
    Yes looks real class. Can play cutting passes and moves quickly forward with ball distribution. Good shot on him to.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Yes looks real class. Can play cutting passes and moves quickly forward with ball distribution. Good shot on him to.
    Almost scored too. Decent shot was blocked, think it was going in.

Dylan and Super are players we cant replace due to unique qualities playing style. We can only look for more young talent similar in ability appliance willingness to learn. Enjoy we had them and be happy.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Snap.
    High class signing.
    It reminds me of when McGinn first signed and people were too distracted by the Allan saga to realise how good a signing we had just made (me included).

The fact that Hibs have signed Hynadman for 6 months would point to a pre contract for Allan in January (unless he moves to Dons or elsewhere) then I think Hibs would try a small offer to Celtic to buy out last 6 months or wait till summer. I really cant see Allan coming this window, think we need to park that one for now, Lenny more or less confirmed with his ‘that one is for later’ comment a while back.

In the meantime Mulumbu is the obvious choice IMO been rumoured for a long time and Lenny likes him and has commented in previous pressers. Hibs are obviously also making tentative enquiries around potential availability of Gauld and others. Lenny has stated his wish to bring in another winger but no clear indication who that could be now that Barker has signed for PNE.

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    The fact that Hibs have signed Hynadman for 6 months would point to a pre contract for Allan in January (unless he moves to Dons or elsewhere) then I think Hibs would try a small offer to Celtic to buy out last 6 months or wait till summer. I really cant see Allan coming this window, think we need to park that one for now, Lenny more or less confirmed with his ‘that one is for later’ comment a while back.

In the meantime Mulumbu is the obvious choice IMO been rumoured for a long time and Lenny likes him and has commented in previous pressers. Hibs are obviously also making tentative enquiries around potential availability of Gauld and others. Lenny has stated his wish to bring in another winger but no clear indication who that could be now that Barker has signed for PNE.
    on last night's evidence we are way too lightweight in midfield and don't press nearly well enough.

we need 2 cm players with presence

mulumbu and kamara types

that would be my priority

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    on last night's evidence we are way too lightweight in midfield and don't press nearly well enough.

we need 2 cm players with presence

mulumbu and kamara types

that would be my priority
    I’d agree. Plus Marv drops very deep so there was lots
    Of space for Molde to get at our defence. Thankful they didn’t create:

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    not an argument, but cant see what he brought to the table as he was only on for a few minutes. I thought he was ex-the Rangers maybe get a game sometime, or is there more to him than that? not knocking him, just curious as to his background.
    As soon as he took his first touch and turned their midfielder out the game, I thought it was likely we’d signed a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    I’d agree. Plus Marv drops very deep so there was lots
    Of space for Molde to get at our defence. Thankful they didn’t create:
    Still think we are short a striker, centre mid and cover at left back. Surprising we are only after 2 and Lennon says 1 being a wide man - Boyle, Agyepong and Swanson already options whereas we are pretty exposed to a Stevenson or Kamberi injury

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    After the game Lennon said two more. Midfielder and wide player to balance Boyle. This then means that that player isn't necessarily Agyepong. Of course what he says and does.....

Holding midfield player is a must now. Bartley was far too deep last night in first half and was leaving massive gaps. He is also very poor when he is on the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Bring Scotty home!

Ditto from me.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    As was mentioned a few posts above, his first few touches and first pass were sublime.

Sometimes a player has to work up to fitness before they look good or there are reasons why they don't hit the ground running - I just liked what I saw from the lad from the first time he got the ball.

I've seen posts suggesting Molde weren't great - I thought they were decent. Solid at the back, they restricted us to fairly few chances (and we've been creating a lot) and I thought they sparked into life nicely around the box. We generally struggled to make space and create against them - and when Hyndman went on he did it with his first few touches, and wee immediately looked more creative once he was on the park.

As soon as I saw him I thought "he can play". The last time I thought that was the first time I saw Paul Hartley.....

The hole left by SJM was bigger than expected. Thought we lacked someone to break the game up, win balls in midfield and drive us forward - all things we came to expect from SJM. So a high quality, holding, ball winner would be top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Holding midfield player is a must now. Bartley was far too deep last night in first half and was leaving massive gaps. He is also very poor when he is on the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought he played well, but that it was a classic "Bartley plus three centre-halves" team performance where we were generally solid, a bit uncreative and yet sometimes there were times when we lost our shape altogether and we didn't look like we knew what we were doing.

I don't know how much of it was to do with them being better than we've given them credit for, but a bit like in the Faroes I couldn't work out how there were times when they seemed to have so much time and space to dominate the area just in front of our back line.

Coaching Staff
    Snap.
    High class signing.
    Hop we have an option to extend the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Allan. We need Scott Allan for the cutting through balls he plays. No one else in our team really seems to do that.

A prime example is the slide rule pass for Kamberi in the 5-3 Killie game towards the end of last season. No one else in our squad is capable of that kind of pass. Perfect pace and outstanding vision.

Sign him and a holding midfielder and we're sorted.

Couldnt agree more. Missing the balls through the channels for Kamberi, and McLaren will be looking for the same. Can Hyndman be that player? Time will tell. As said, feel we need at least another central midfielder but also a centre half, as cover due to McGregor’s knee issues, and also a striker/ attacking player to compliment the squad.

Think Mallan will improve further but maybe needs a few sessions in the gym as was easily shoved off the ball at times but that will come. Will Swanson stay now that he is behind Hyndman too? Hope so as he will have a big part to play.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The hole left by SJM was bigger than expected. Thought we lacked someone to break the game up, win balls in midfield and drive us forward - all things we came to expect from SJM. So a high quality, holding, ball winner would be top of my list.
    Felt exactly the same when Des Bremner left for Villa. The gaps left in our midfield made you realise and appreciate what a great hard working player he was.Ditto last night re SJM. Missed his urgency and drive from midfield with surging runs into their box causing panic and mayhem. We badly needed someone to take responsibility and grab the game by the scruff of the neck!

I was pleasantly surprised last night. Have to admit that I feared the worst for the first game, post SJM, and obv we were not as assured in the middle of the park, but we didn't look bad. Slivka was decent in the first half but fell out of it, and Mallan is bedding in nicely. Buzzing to see Jamie Mac back in the side so we can play Boyle out on the right, I feel we waste his best attributes when he plays alongside Flo.

I agree that we need at least 1 more midfielder, someone with a bit of physicality, as for me that was the biggest absence last night. But we are not far off! I'd love to see Kamara in our side, and I'm sure our war chest is now full enough to tempt Dundee. As with all our recent perm signings, he would represent an astute investment, both in terms of on the field contributions, and future transfer fees.

Molde are a good side, move the ball about beautifully, but created literally FA - can see us scoring over there.

What a time to be a Hibee!

I thought he played well, but that it was a classic "Bartley plus three centre-halves" team performance where we were generally solid, a bit uncreative and yet sometimes there were times when we lost our shape altogether and we didn't look like we knew what we were doing.

I don't know how much of it was to do with them being better than we've given them credit for, but a bit like in the Faroes I couldn't work out how there were times when they seemed to have so much time and space to dominate the area just in front of our back line.
    Molde were quick movers of the ball so it made sense to let them play in front of us rather than dive in with ill timed challenges letting them through.As a result our goalie had no saves to make.