hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the plus side Mavrias looks pretty tidy and Slivka looked good when he came on. Maclaren is weak as ****, although would still have him in over Shaw who isn't going to cut it by the looks of things.
    MAC was on for 5 mins.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    What is wrong with kamberi??
    I’ve got a feeling Kamberi doesn’t want to be here anymore. Maybe promised things that haven’t come to fruition?

First Team Breakthrough calamitus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: marmite machine
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    I'm afraid he's not good enough at this level yet. Hearts signed experience, we put up with untested youth. Make your own mind up.
    Sorry, bur that couldn't be further from the truth. He was our best defender in the second half. Really controlled his area, and his driving forward and distribution were excellent

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo85 View Post
    I’ve got a feeling Kamberi doesn’t want to be here anymore. Maybe promised things that haven’t come to fruition?
    Been thinking this, his head don't seem in it anymore

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo85 View Post
    Kamberi certainly does look off, but promised what exactly? He is going through a bad spell, only he can change that.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Missing spark and drive in the midfield and the hopeful cross from wide areas just too predictable and being dealt with easily by defences.
    Coming from behind twice a positive, but against opposition like St Mirren it’s small beer. A point more than we had and desperately in need of a win. Will take any kind of a win at Hamilton on Saturday.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calamitus View Post
    Sorry, bur that couldn't be further from the truth. He was our best defender in the second half. Really controlled his area, and his driving forward and distribution were excellent
    Defensively he was fine. His distribution is very poor though.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    Take a bow Ryan Porteous,very good game tonight.
    But gave away a really stupid free kick from which they took the lead.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Lennon must be frustrated at what he is getting from his players.

He seems to be getting desperate though given some of his team selections/substitutions. For example, the team against Kilmarnock, Slivka for Kamberi toinight.

What a mess we are in!

We cannot seem to stop losing goals. The only change Lennon has not done this year is change the goalie. Why not bring Marciano in now....we will then have a full set.
    No, the players must frustrated with the ****ing manager and his **** changes every single week.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    Been thinking this, his head don't seem in it anymore
    Think it's our manager who has clearly lost focus, not Flo Kamberi.

One thing about Flo however, he needs a good partner up front and our summer recruitment was awful in that sense - to go with only Flo, an unfit Jamie and young player in Ollie was ridiculous and we needed at least one more proven striker and another creative midfielder.

I'd be seriously questioning that, not Flo Kamberi's 'head'.

We’re not a team. We’re just a collection of individuals now.

No drive. Not enough will to win. After we equalised we did more to kill the game than they did by giving away stupid fouls. We even kicked the ball away after the ref had given some of them.

We’re in bother.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Kamberi certainly does look off, but promised what exactly? He is going through a bad spell, only he can change that.
    He’s injured.

Hibs v St Mirren

Poor tonight, until we scored we look like a team very short in confidence. Mavrias I thought had a good attitude all game, didn’t stop trying. A couple poor balls in the first half but got into it second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hannah_hfc; 05-12-2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Would help to spell the guys name right

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We’re not a team. We’re just a collection of individuals now.

No drive. Not enough will to win. After we equalised we did more to kill the game than they did by giving away stupid fouls. We even kicked the ball away after the ref had given some of them.

We’re in bother.
    Spot on. A collection of spontaneous players playing at any time with no reason nor rhyme.! Left with no “team” at all.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Defensively he was fine. His distribution is very poor though.
    Some of it was definitely below par, some of it was very good. Much more good than poor.

All our big players are awful at the moment. Boyle, Kamberi, Mallan. The list goes on.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I thought we had lost again when i logged on.....we drew and got a point...im happy
    You know things are bad when people are happy with a point at home to st.mirren

Rotten performance against a team we should be winning comfortably against. I don't know whats happened to us in the last few weeks but we are stuck in a real rut.

Lennon needs to come out and tell us what the hell is going on because it's nowhere near good enough. That was two bottom 6 teams on show tonight. Where was the urgency when we were behind?!

And btw what on earth was Stevenson thinking right at the end when the ball came out to him and instead of taking a chance on what was literally the last seconds of the game and punting it back into the box, he turns and plays it back to the keeper?! I love Lewis and i'm always one to leap to his defence but that was totally poor especially from such an experienced playee. Last seconds of the game, we're drawing to a piss poor team - get the ball lobbed back into the box and give ourselves a half decent crack at a winner! It was as if he just panicked.

Oli Shaw for me isn't ready. Took his goal well but for me he's far too lightweight. I think in time he will develop but atm we can't rely on him as one of our main strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I thought we had lost again when i logged on.....we drew and got a point...im happy
    No offence but it's a pretty sad state of affairs when we become happy with a draw to St Mirren. If thats where we're at now then i'm very worried.

@hibs.net private member
    How Lennon missed Horgan was gone with about 25 minutes left I'll never know. We could have got a sub on then and given us some much needed energy. Normally when you see the socks down like Mallan and players struggling to jog back then you have watched a team pressing for the whole game. Our midfield should have had to pay an entrance fee tonight as they were passengers most of the night. Shaw and Kamberi could have taken a wee bench out to sit on as there was next to no movement from them.

We are almost at the point we were with Butcher imo. Lennon calling the team rejects, Parker now saying players aren't working. Lots of players injured and in and out and those playing just going through the motions. If the teams below us pick up a few points in December we could be in a bit of trouble. We completely lack character and that is from the Manager down. You can only be called a winner when you are winning and now we have a team mostly made up of Lennon's signings we look completely devoid of fight and will to win.

Hamilton may be even worse than St Mirren who were dreadful but I don't fancy our chances come Saturday.

Piss poor again, no one seems to know what they're doing, no urgency off the ball and no urgency on it until we had 15 mins left. Far too many players going through the motions, Kamberi, Boyle, Horgan and Mallan all brutal at the moment and Bogdan needs dropped, I blame him for both goals.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    How Lennon missed Horgan was gone with about 25 minutes left I'll never know. We could have got a sub on then and given us some much needed energy. Normally when you see the socks down like Mallan and players struggling to jog back then you have watched a team pressing for the whole game. Our midfield should have had to pay an entrance fee tonight as they were passengers most of the night. Shaw and Kamberi could have taken a wee bench out to sit on as there was next to no movement from them.

We are almost at the point we were with Butcher imo. Lennon calling the team rejects, Parker now saying players aren't working. Lots of players injured and in and out and those playing just going through the motions. If the teams below us pick up a few points in December we could be in a bit of trouble. We completely lack character and that is from the Manager down. You can only be called a winner when you are winning and now we have a team mostly made up of Lennon's signings we look completely devoid of fight and will to win.

Hamilton may be even worse than St Mirren who were dreadful but I don't fancy our chances come Saturday.
    I doubt Hamilton are worse than St.Mirren, as they won 3-1 in Paisley on Saturday. I thought St.Mirren were absolutely brutal, but once again we lacked a cutting edge, imagination, and decisiveness in the final third.

Other than that, I can't disagree with your post. It is worrying, and I've seen the same signs under too many managers in years gone by.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I doubt Hamilton are worse than St.Mirren, as they won 3-1 in Paisley on Saturday. I thought St.Mirren were absolutely brutal, but once again we lacked a cutting edge, imagination, and decisiveness in the final third.

Other than that, I can't disagree with your post. It is worrying, and I've seen the same signs under too many managers in years gone by.
    They just got pumped 4-0 from Dundee and we even beat then 6-0. They have picked up a few good results and are better at home but they haven't half suffered some big losses this season. The three teams at the bottom are dreadful and we, at the moment, don't look any better, Fortunately we got enough points at the start of the season to give us plenty breathing room as we need it. Very difficult decision for Leeann in terms of giving Lennon a wedge in January. I hope those below us keep their distance and then I would keep the purse tightly shut.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He’s injured.
    Well he's starting every game so he can't be injured. Maybe not 100% but if he's fit enough to start that's no excuse for tonight - he was diabolical.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He’s injured.
    I’m not sure he’s injured tbh. And if he is - is it an injury to his ball control skills? As they seem to have deserted him..together with his work rate ...

They just got pumped 4-0 from Dundee and we even beat then 6-0. They have picked up a few good results and are better at home but they haven't half suffered some big losses this season. The three teams at the bottom are dreadful and we, at the moment, don't look any better, Fortunately we got enough points at the start of the season to give us plenty breathing room as we need it. Very difficult decision for Leeann in terms of giving Lennon a wedge in January. I hope those below us keep their distance and then I would keep the purse tightly shut.
    Sorry, i didn't see that result tonight. Out of the 3 bottom teams I've seen at ER, Dundee were certainly the best. I didn't think St.Mirren were better than the Hamilton team we thrashed 6-0; I just thought we were a lot worse tonight than we were against Accies. But if you don't think Lennon can be trusted with January's transfer budget, surely by extension you must think we need a new manager?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Sorry, i didn't see that result tonight. Out of the 3 bottom teams I've seen at ER, Dundee were certainly the best. I didn't think St.Mirren were better than the Hamilton team we thrashed 6-0; I just thought we were a lot worse tonight than we were against Accies. But if you don't think Lennon can be trusted with January's transfer budget, surely by extension you must think we need a new manager?
    I think he has done enough to be given until the end of the season. The injuries haven't helped and he might get a selection that works eventually. What I don't want is for him to spend a fortune in a season we are unlikely to achieve anything. We need a couple of players but I don't want us spending big and then getting rid of him in the summer. If he can get us moving in the right direction by the end of the season then back him again in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    You’re so boring
    No as boring as you or being subjected to watchin Mallan

I think he has done enough to be given until the end of the season. The injuries haven't helped and he might get a selection that works eventually. What I don't want is for him to spend a fortune in a season we are unlikely to achieve anything. We need a couple of players but I don't want us spending big and then getting rid of him in the summer. If he can get us moving in the right direction by the end of the season then back him again in the summer.
    Fair enough. But given how well things were going a couple of months ago, I'd find it hard to write off a transfer window because of a lack of trust in the manager to use the budget properly. If things don't improve during the rest of December, I think a change will be necessary. Lennon has been great for Hibs, but there is life beyond his time at the club; I still hope he can turn it around, but i honestly no longer believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Marx View Post
    All our big players are awful at the moment. Boyle, Kamberi, Mallan. The list goes on.
    I thought Boyle played well tonight. Never stopped trying and set up our first goal.