hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are having a giraffe surely, the fans have been great with the team this season.
    Not always. The fans have been very quick to criticise and this is by no means the first time booing has been discussed on this forum.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Well said Stubbs!

@hibs.net private member
    Stop it, you will always get folk booing when things go wrong, it's what football fans do, just like when they score they celebrate and cheer, it's part an parcel of football, you will need to get used to it me thinks.
    Nearly fifty years since I first went to ER and I have to say I cannot remember a time when our fans were so unsupportive and divisive. Booing and vitriolic abuse of our own team is a relatively new thing. Booing the opposition and referees for that matter has always been there.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Not always. The fans have been very quick to criticise and this is by no means the first time booing has been discussed on this forum.
    And the fans have been very good at backing the team this season, if the players are getting upset by booing then they aren't doing there job properly and should be fully concentrating on what's happening on the pitch while play is going on and listening for shouts from there team mates rather than listening to what's coming from the stands.

You are making this in to it's all the fans fault thread when it is clearly not, players were to blame today for not taking there chances, if we keep drawing against pish poor teams in the championship at home then the fans will let the players no it.

Bring on the kippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mac View Post
    Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually F..k off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

I understand folk were booing at the end of the Yams game last week. That'll be the day that I'll ever accept the manky mob being held up as an example to us.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    As a guy who's had no influence on what happened to us before this season, Stubbs' reaction is perfectly understandable. Anyone with eyes and any sense could see what we were trying (and largely succeeded) to do today, and for a long time now.

I wouldn't fault a single thing about our performance today, we created a hatful of chances through both patient play and quick, incisive breaks, hit the post, hit the bar and the Raith keeper had several very good saves. We never looked in any danger throughout the 90 minutes.

It was one of those days. Regardless of the huge disappointment at the draw, there's no reason for anyone to boo us today.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 01-02-2015 at 12:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    we don't need the manager criticising the most loyal ones that are still making the effort to go. Even if they do let the frustrations and anger get the better of them after a bad result.
    The most loyal Hibs supporters will not take what Stubbs said as criticism.

IMO Stubbs reaction in a way mirrors the booing at the end. The fans booed out of frustration and AS had a go at us for the same reason, he rightly couldn't have a go at the players because for 85 minutes of that match they were excellent. How the hell we didn't win it is an utter mystery. I know you make your own luck, but this season for Hibs its like one of these boxing matches where the judges are all homers and you need a knockout just to get a draw.

How about this?

Yes, you are absolutely entitled to boo the team.
    You pay your money and you are free to do what you want.

But, without wanting to patronise anyone, might it be worth trying to invest your energy in something more positive?

Worth a shot, surely.

First Team Breakthrough
    There have been issues with folk behind the dugout for a while now. They got to fenlon big time and we all know what happened with malpas. It's a few folk who like making themselves heard in the home dugout.

That said it takes the p*** slagging off some supporters but ignoring most of us who follow the team through thick and thin. It's like the media focusing on HoH. So how about stop commenting on the noisy few and give some credit to the loyal majority (who sang stubbs name for half the game.)

Left by mutual consent!
    Get the Neanderthals to ****. But stubbs needs to see where people are coming from. Yes, no reason to boo. But surely he can understand the frustration? The only way to vent that frustration is to boo. I don't agree with it and I certainly didn't do it. But ffs that fat **** scored with their only shot of the game to equalise in the last minute. Of course emotions are running high.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    Get the Neanderthals to ****. But stubbs needs to see where people are coming from. Yes, no reason to boo. But surely he can understand the frustration? The only way to vent that frustration is to boo. I don't agree with it and I certainly didn't do it. But ffs that fat **** scored with their only shot of the game to equalise in the last minute. Of course emotions are running high.
    I didn't start this thread to have a go at Stubbs OR the folk booing, the meat of the interview was pretty much 'Should do better'. We all agree with that i hope. The boo stuff i don't like, but it comes with the game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    I didn't start this thread to have a go at Stubbs OR the folk booing, the meat of the interview was pretty much 'Should do better'. We all agree with that i hope. The boo stuff i don't like, but it comes with the game.
    Absolutely. And I can understand Alan's frustration as well. But he's barking up the wrong tree having a go at booing fans who've just seen the pantomime villain score with the last kick of the game to equalise. He needs to look less at the fans and more at his team's attitude in closing games out.

I like stubbs. In fact he's the best manager we've had in a long time. But today he made mistakes. The biggest of which was bringing handling on instead of Stanton.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    We shall see. But I think his body language is already showing disappointment not to say despair. He must be wondering what he had to do to get the support he deserved. Bearing in mind he is the man who knows the players better than anyone he certainly appears to think the negativity is unhelpful. Over reaction on my part? No I don't think so but let's wait and see
    Do you not hear people singing his name EVERY week?? Do you not see hundreds of supporters at every away game? How about mentioning them in a post match interview?

Supporters turn up despite ticket prices and the opposition. Focus on negatives if you like but it's really not going to help.

sorry but people that booed go **** yourselves. I would love to hear what the aim of booing the team off the park is and how it helps the side progress? I'm sure they were aware themselves it was a disappointing result

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I love these threads. Every time we have a bad result people cant wait to come on here and have a go at a small number of fans. Mostly its people who sit on their hands and contribute nothing towards the atmosphere at games that moan the loudest.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    We only lost 2 points today that won't affect us at the end of the season ? What you on about Alan ?
    Perhaps that we will finish in third place?

Can anyone point me to a time in our history when a home draw against Raith Rovers would not have resulted in Booing at Easter road.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    As a guy who's had no influence on what happened to us before this season, Stubbs' reaction is perfectly understandable. Anyone with eyes and any sense could see what we were trying (and largely succeeded) to do today, and for a long time now.

I wouldn't fault a single thing about our performance today, we created a hatful of chances through both patient play and quick, incisive breaks, hit the post, hit the bar and the Raith keeper had several very good saves. We never looked in any danger throughout the 90 minutes.

It was one of those days. Regardless of the huge disappointment at the draw, there's no reason for anyone to boo us today.
    Completely spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post

I don't boo ,but the frustration of yet another home draw against a team we should be beating is the reason some people vent their frustration at the end of a game in this manner you say you wouldn't fault a single thing but while I enjoyed the game and agree we were on top for most of the game you could fault the strikers for not putting one of the numerous other chances they had away(but they are both young and will develop) ,and stubbs needs to find a way to get the team to play in a way that allows them to see out games 1. 0 ,if that's what we need to do ,but you could sense they were going to get that late goal and when it duly arrived that adds to frustration .
    Two people near me at ffinal whistle were separated as they were squaring up to each other That's the other way frustration boils over ,not nice to see .

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If it was that game in isolation then fair enough. But it's far from the first time we've failed to win a game at Easter Road this year when we should have won comfortably.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but people aren't reacting in that manner because of that one result.

Sorry, dont agree. Football fans are the most fickle in sport. If we went on a run of 10 wins on the bounce and lost the next game at home the players would get booed off. Look at the yams last week? Unbeaten in the league up till the middle of January and they boo them off!! Absolutely pathetic..... Stubbs is quite right to be pissed off. Booing your own players is the most pointless thing ever..

@hibs.net private member
    So if were winning 4-0 folk will be booing.
    I'm bagging it all up as booing but folk around me at 4-0 up would've been looking for certain players/targets to misplace a pass or shoot wide so they could have a pop.

So basically - yes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    Supporters turn up despite ticket prices and the opposition. Focus on negatives if you like but it's really not going to help.
    So 2 wrongs don't make a right? Hopefully he embarrasses a few into supporting the team (all of them) in the future.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'm not going to get into the actual subject being discussed as I've been saying the same thing for months as Stubbsy but he looks really pissed off in that video.

He's been one of our most honest and up front managers for a while.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs has played an absolute blinder here.

First off I'm not defending the booing although I understand the frustration. But is that the 6th or 7th time we have snatched a draw from the jaws of victory or defeat from a draw late on? Alloa away, Falkirk at home twice, Hearts at home, Raith at home twice......

There's a bit of a pattern there of being unable to see a game out yet by bringing up the reaction at the end Stubbs now has a fair bit of attention being paid to the crowd as opposed to a consistent on field issue, it's only a couple of weeks since we threw away a 2 goal lead at home. Stubbs made a big deal about us being the fittest team in the league at the AGM so surely the last 20 minutes is when that shpuld be shining through not when we should be throwing away precious points on a regular basis? It's the same thing happening consistently as well; long, scrappy spells in the 2nd half where we fail to kill a game and end up sitting deeper and deeper trying to see it out.

Maybe some fans do need to take a look at themselves but maybe Stubbs would be best off concentrating on addressing and acknowledging a pretty obvious issue rather than having a wee pop.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member semaj64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    We're in the first division, just dropped points for something like the 6th or 7th game at home so yes I think the fans have a right to be pissed off at our home results this season.

To answer your question though, yes, I think all teams have supporters who get down on their team when they get poor results against ***** teams.

If you want examples I'd point you towards ibrox, tynecastle last week and pittodrie before McInnis got hold of Aberdeen.
    And we have been garbage for a lot long than those teams mentioned, I am not one of the boo squad but we have had lot of frustrating games over the years. How ever we are on unbeaten run and I hope that that remains

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs has played an absolute blinder here.

First off I'm not defending the booing although I understand the frustration. But is that the 6th or 7th time we have snatched a draw from the jaws of victory or defeat from a draw late on? Alloa away, Falkirk at home twice, Hearts at home, Raith at home twice......

There's a bit of a pattern there of being unable to see a game out yet by bringing up the reaction at the end Stubbs now has a fair bit of attention being paid to the crowd as opposed to a consistent on field issue, it's only a couple of weeks since we threw away a 2 goal lead at home. Stubbs made a big deal about us being the fittest team in the league at the AGM so surely the last 20 minutes is when that shpuld be shining through not when we should be throwing away precious points on a regular basis? It's the same thing happening consistently as well; long, scrappy spells in the 2nd half where we fail to kill a game and end up sitting deeper and deeper trying to see it out.

Maybe some fans do need to take a look at themselves but maybe Stubbs would be best off concentrating on addressing and acknowledging a pretty obvious issue rather than having a wee pop.
    100% agree
    This has become a very bad habit from the fittest team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Wow, even I'm getting moaned at! And yes they were moaning all game! Even at Scott allan for retaining possession before making a pass, it's really beyond a joke.
    Do you sit around about row q of section 43? A boy in there loves screaming at Allan while he was running forward with the ball, calling Craig a lazy **** when he clearly was getting dragged back, screaming 'give it to him' expecting a pass when the ball is sitting at neck height, some of the stuff really was mind boggling.

If anyone thinks fans don't make a difference then look at Palace, Stoke and the like. Poor teams that get results and always mention the fans.

Yes, Hibs should definitely have closed the game out and won convincingly yesterday, but to say the fans have no effect is naive imho

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Do you sit around about row q of section 43? A boy in there loves screaming at Allan while he was running forward with the ball, calling Craig a lazy **** when he clearly was getting dragged back, screaming 'give it to him' expecting a pass when the ball is sitting at neck height, some of the stuff really was mind boggling.

If anyone thinks fans don't make a difference then look at Palace, Stoke and the like. Poor teams that get results and always mention the fans.

Yes, Hibs should definitely have closed the game out and won convincingly yesterday, but to say the fans have no effect is naive imho
    We need to win the fans back though, not constantly blame them for every reverse.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Hibs on the park still have a lot to do to get many fans onside after the debacle of the last few seasons. There is a brittleness among the support amplified by Hertz steamrollering teams every week. That's why some fans booed yesterday. For the record I didn't.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire