hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seems the worst moaners are those moaning at the moaners, hardly heard a single gripe during the game today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems the worst moaners are those moaning at the moaners, hardly heard a single gripe during the game today.
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    People get frustrated and anxious because they know when we don't put away teams we are likely to lose a goal and drop points like we did today.

I'm sorry but there's a pressure to perform at hibs, especially when we are in the first division. If the players can't handle a bit pressure from a more than half empty stadium then they need to either man up or move to a club with lower expectations abd a fan base that doesn't really care.
    That's the problem in my opinion. The boo boys don't care. They are only interested in hearing themselves. The apathy is endemic and they go along just to make as negative a noise as they can.
    And when our head coach walks for better support and more appreciation it will no doubt be RP's fault and nothing to do with the vile negativity of supposed Hibs fans.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Why?
    1. We've been doing OK recently, and today Hibs did not play badly.

2. For some reason we could lose form in next few games - a subset of fans may be more vocal about their dissatisfaction than they would have otherwise been. I don't think this is an unreasonable assumption, and I also don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that Stubbs would prefer that fans had a less 'negative' outlook on the teams performances if this scenario was to occur
    Last edited by Michael; 31-01-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    1. We've been doing OK recently, and today Hibs did not play badly.

2. For some reason we could lose form in next few games - a subset of fans may be more vocal about their dissatisfaction than they would have otherwise been. I don't think this is an unreasonable assumption, and I also don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that Stubbs would prefer that fans had a less 'negative' outlook on the teams performances.
    I think the fans booing shows how fickle they are. They should get a grip on reality to be fair! Stubbs who has worked wonders with a poor squad is clearly thinking the folk booing are twats and I think he's every right too. We are getting there slowly but surely and the difference from giving them a doing was the post the bar and couple good saves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    That's the problem in my opinion. The boo boys don't care. They are only interested in hearing themselves. The apathy is endemic and they go along just to make as negative a noise as they can.
    And when our head coach walks for better support and more appreciation it will no doubt be RP's fault and nothing to do with the vile negativity of supposed Hibs fans.
    I think you're getting a bit carried away. There was a bit booing which some disagree with. I don't think Stubbs is going to walk because of it. Having played at Celtic and in the Premier League I'm sure he has quite thick skin.

The general opinion seems to be positive towards him. He'll get even more appreciation if/when he achieves something. But it's certainly a happier place than it was at the end of last year.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 31-01-2015 at 11:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Alan Stubbs won't walk for better support.

If he walks it'll be because he's failing in his job or he gets offered something better.

Fwiw I like Stubbs abd think he'll be a success. I disagree with him here though regarding the need to criticise any section of the support. I worry about the relationship he could end up having with the fans find he starts to go through a really bad spell.

Hibs fans have been taking one kick in the nuts after another over the last God knows how many years, we don't need the manager criticising the most loyal ones that are still making the effort to go. Even if they do let the frustrations and anger get the better of them after a bad result.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stubbs isn't paying hundreds of pounds to watch his team draw/lose more games than they win at home in a league they shouldn't be in for the size of the club with their infrastructure etc etc, in fact he is the one in charge of the team who are playing for these fans who have spent well earned money to go home happy

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I think the fans booing shows how fickle they are. They should get a grip on reality to be fair! Stubbs who has worked wonders with a poor squad is clearly thinking the folk booing are twats and I think he's every right too. We are getting there slowly but surely and the difference from giving them a doing was the post the bar and couple good saves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan Stubbs has talked about standards he expects as a minimum from his players, and we as a support share his views on what should be demanded. The booing at the end was pure frustration as we knew that was a game that should have been done and dusted long before our domination started to wane. We are down to the bare bones support wise - a number vented their frustrations audibly - but we will all dust ourselves down and be back next week.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think you're getting a bit carried away. There was a bit booing which some disagree with. I don't think Stubbs is going to walk because of it.

The general opinion seems to be positive towards him. He'll get even more appreciation if/when he achieves something. But it's certainly a happier place than it was at the end of last year.
    We shall see. But I think his body language is already showing disappointment not to say despair. He must be wondering what he had to do to get the support he deserved. Bearing in mind he is the man who knows the players better than anyone he certainly appears to think the negativity is unhelpful. Over reaction on my part? No I don't think so but let's wait and see

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Stubbs isn't paying hundreds of pounds to watch his team draw/lose more games than they win at home in a league they shouldn't be in for the size of the club with their infrastructure etc etc, in fact he is the one in charge of the team who are playing for these fans who have spent well earned money to go home happy
    No. they spend money to be entertained. Football is an entertainment business not life and death.

We shall see. But I think his body language is already showing disappointment not to say despair. He must be wondering what he had to do to get the support he deserved. Bearing in mind he is the man who knows the players better than anyone he certainly appears to think the negativity is unhelpful. Over reaction on my part? No I don't think so but let's wait and see
    He won't be wondering that at all. He'll know the answer, stop dropping daft points and turn these draws into wins.

How he does That is a different matter and ultimately what he gets paid to do but he'll know that's what's needed to stop to moaning from the stands.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Alan Stubbs has talked about standards he expects as a minimum from his players, and we as a support share his views on what should be demanded. The booing at the end was pure frustration as we knew that was a game that should have been done and dusted long before our domination started to wane. We are down to the bare bones support wise - a number vented their frustrations audibly - but we will all dust ourselves down and be back next week.
    And boo the team?

Left by mutual consent!
    No. they spend money to be entertained. Football is an entertainment business not life and death.
    Today is a fine example of being entertained but still being left disappointed. Results > performance

And boo the team?
    If we fail to beat Arbroath then probably.

@hibs.net private member
    He won't be wondering that at all. He'll know the answer, stop dropping daft points and turn these draws into wins.

How he does That is a different matter and ultimately what he gets paid to do but he'll know that's what's needed to stop to moaning from the stands.
    I believe he's doing his job and has instilled belief back in to players who are starting to look like a team. Maybe it's time the fans did their bit and started to look and sound like supporters. The clue is in the title

Billy Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    He sounds quite shocked by the reaction of the fans at full time.

I'm not one for booing but I can't say that I'm surprised at all. It's something that we've become accustomed to at Easter Road in recent years and it was an inevitable reaction after losing that later goal.
    Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I didn`t participate in any booing today, but if we get beat next week I certainly will be!

Exactly. Stubbs has had it quite easy so far IMO. I think 99% of people realise what he inherited.

I like him. I think he's brought a lot of good things to the club and made good signings. But he'll know himself we should be winning more games.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I do. I think the absence of the boo boys would make going to games a much better experience for supporters and for the players. The knock on effect would be better crowds, better support and better performances. But that is just my opinion. Maybe a bad atmosphere is the perfect environment for some people.
    Booing happens at every ground around the world, it just ain't solely happening at ER, i think your opinion is mad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Exactly. Stubbs has had it quite easy so far IMO. I think 99% of people realise what he inherited.

I like him. I think he's brought a lot of good things to the club and made good signings. But he'll know himself we should be winning more games.
    And the wins will come more frequently thanks mainly to the coaching style. But if we dominate games and entertain but fail to win how does that justify abuse ?

Stop it, you will always get folk booing when things go wrong, it's what football fans do, just like when they score they celebrate and cheer, it's part an parcel of football, you will need to get used to it me thinks.

I have to admit at final whistle I said one "boo" and stopped realising how stupid and wrong a reaction it waWasIlla agree that this type of response is out of frustration and has evolved here over a period of a couple of years.
    I personally was unhappy today at the attitude and stop start style and "mucking about with the ball " of Scott Allan ..from about the 60 minute mark.
    we played the way that suited Raith today slow build up and little urgency in our game after we scored !!
    This lack of pressing urgency is evident to often ...when we are struggling to break a team down, and then players withdraw rather than taking the game by the scruff of the neck.
    Have to say the substitution thing if a player has a knock and needs to go off that's the gadgets decision..totally ..but in the replacement today I think Stubbsy got it wrong ..it should have Stanton not Handling ...
    the points comment e as disapiibting but he was obviously hurting about fanszreaction and we need to change that and show our full support

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Booing happens at every ground around the world, it just ain't solely happening at ER, i think your opinion is mad.
    Yep. Mad it may be but not necessarily wrong. What is for sure is that players do not respond to negativity from the people who are supposed to support them. But you can be sure that the opposition thrive on it

And boo the team?
    So if were winning 4-0 folk will be booing.

I was being positive and hoping we would win the game and all be happy.

And the wins will come more frequently thanks mainly to the coaching style. But if we dominate games and entertain but fail to win how does that justify abuse ?
    Because people are passionate and get frustrated. We're at the lowest point we've probably ever been at, certainly in my lifetime so people have an expectation we should be brushing sides like raith rovers aside.

People get emotional and sometimes in the heat of the moment they do or say things to vent their frustration/anger.

If you're asking whether booing will motivate players then of course it won't but I'm sorry, it's not going to go anywhere as long as we're unable to beat such poor sides.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So if were winning 4-0 folk will be booing.
    Ah. You must have missed the question mark

Do you honestly think the abuse was that bad today? The only booing was after the event so it didn't affect the performance.

I was down at Old Trafford last year when Man Utd lost to Everton and the stick they dished out to their team was a million times worse than anything Ive seen at Easter Road this year. Booing is a football thing, not a Hibs thing. It's maybe not always justifiable but it happens at football grounds up and down the country and always will.

I believe he's doing his job and has instilled belief back in to players who are starting to look like a team. Maybe it's time the fans did their bit and started to look and sound like supporters. The clue is in the title
    You are having a giraffe surely, the fans have been great with the team this season.