hibs.net Messageboard

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1579
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Musa Toure another 17 year old looks a real prospect on that showing.
    Think I heard them say there are three Brothers, maybe more and all footballers

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    How are Monty's old team doing this season?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    How are Monty's old team doing this season?
    Not great.

IMG_9004.jpg

Coaching Staff
    Adelaide v Sydney on shortly.

Hope I don’t put the mockers on him, but keep an eye out for Adelaide’s keeper Joe Gauci.

He improves every season and has been named in the Socceroo squad for the World Cup matches next week, having got his first call up not long ago.

Could he be the answer for us?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

Hope I don’t put the mockers on him, but keep an eye out for Adelaide’s keeper Joe Gauci.

He improves every season and has been named in the Socceroo squad for the World Cup matches next week, having got his first call up not long ago.

See he used to play for Central Coast Mariners as a youngster as well so every chance we’d be interested if he’s good.

Sorry if already posted but see some Australian wonder kid is to join Bayern Munich. Wee bit surprised the few is only £3m but that’s based purely on a highlights reel, you’ll know better than me if that’s a fair price or not?

Said last week he looked very good. Watching him today he seems a bit nervous with the ball at his feet and although I'm definitely not a GK I thought he could have done better for the first goal.

Coaching Staff
    Said last week he looked very good. Watching him today he seems a bit nervous with the ball at his feet and although I'm definitely not a GK I thought he could have done better for the first goal.
    If he saved the first one..a rocket into the top corner from just inside the box he’d more likely end up playing for Real Madrid than Hibs!

0-4 at half time, but it’s his defenders that need shooting.

If he saved the first one..a rocket into the top corner from just inside the box he’d more likely end up playing for Real Madrid than Hibs!

0-4 at half time, but it’s his defenders that need shooting.
    Like I say I'm no GK but I'm going to disagree 😁
    Looked to me he almost made himself smaller and didn't get off the ground.

Like I say think this is maybe the 3rd time I remember seeing him and on the other 2 occasions I have been very impressed.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    See he used to play for Central Coast Mariners as a youngster as well so every chance we’d be interested if he’s good.

Sorry if already posted but see some Australian wonder kid is to join Bayern Munich. Wee bit surprised the few is only £3m but that’s based purely on a highlights reel, you’ll know better than me if that’s a fair price or not?
    Irankunda of Adelaide United.

He’s not playing tonight as he got red carded last week and is suspended.

He’s only 17 and Bayern have been connected with him for a while but they can’t sign him until he’s 18.

Definitely a top prospect, and has electric pace and can turn a game in an instant, but obviously he’s only 17, so who knows if he’ll be the next Messi or end up back in Oz in a couple of years like Kuol’s brother.

The market dictates what’s a fair price I guess……..Over in Scotland the complaint is that English clubs undervalue and offer peanuts for most Scottish players…and while you could ‘pick up a bargain’ once upon a time in Oz…..with European clubs now actively patrolling the scene……the quality bargain basement signings are drying up for clubs like Hibs.

He’s only 17 and Bayern have been connected with him for a while but they can’t sign him until he’s 18.

Definitely a top prospect, and has electric pace and can turn a game in an instant, but obviously he’s only 17, so who knows if he’ll be the next Messi or end up back in Oz in a couple of years like Kuol’s brother.

The market dictates what’s a fair price I guess……..Over in Scotland the complaint is that English clubs undervalue and offer peanuts for most Scottish players…and while you could ‘pick up a bargain’ once upon a time in Oz…..with European clubs now actively patrolling the scene……the quality bargain basement signings are drying up for clubs like Hibs.
    Like the look of Mousa Toure also. Only 17 and on the occasions I have seen him he comes on from the bench and looks a talent.

@hibs.net private member

What sort of transfer fees are sloshing around the A league, ins and outs ?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    What sort of transfer fees are sloshing around the A league, ins and outs ?
    The A League does not have transfers between A League clubs.

Yes…no internal transfers.

The only transfers are when somebody goes overseas.

Jordan Bos went to Westerlo from Melbourne City for $2million and Marco Tilio went to Celtic from Melbourne City for close to $2million.(And no, I don’t think Tilio is up to much)

Just like in Scotland, most transfer fees are not divulged, and if I nominated a figure, in most cases I’d be guessing….but lots of players left at the end of last season……not just to Europe….but to the likes of Saudia Arabia, Japan …India etc etc.

The rumour…and I stress rumour, was that Hibs paid $500,000 orb$600,000 for Miller when they signed him from Macarthur a couple of seasons ago.

Coaching Staff
    Like I say I'm no GK but I'm going to disagree 😁
    Looked to me he almost made himself smaller and didn't get off the ground.

Like I say think this is maybe the 3rd time I remember seeing him and on the other 2 occasions I have been very impressed.
    Watch the replay……he certainly got off the ground.

@hibs.net private member

Jordan Bos went to Westerlo from Melbourne City for $2million and Marco Tilio went to Celtic from Melbourne City for close to $2million.(And no, I don’t think Tilio is up to much)

Just like in Scotland, most transfer fees are not divulged, and if I nominated a figure, in most cases I’d be guessing….but lots of players left at the end of last season……not just to Europe….but to the likes of Saudia Arabia, Japan …India etc etc.

The rumour…and I stress rumour, was that Hibs paid $500,000 orb$600,000 for Miller when they signed him from Macarthur a couple of seasons ago.
    Cheers for that, wow totally forgot Tillio went to celtc, to be honest from what Ive seen of him in the A league he doesnt look that great

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

I was just going to pull you up about the last bit. I thought Miller was effectively signing for MacArthur froM CCM when we hijacked the deal? If there’s no internal transfers how could that have happened?

I was just going to pull you up about the last bit. I thought Miller was effectively signing for MacArthur froM CCM when we hijacked the deal? If there’s no internal transfers how could that have happened?
    Out of contract.

Watch the replay……he certainly got off the ground.
    Sorry when i didn't make myself perfectly clear, he hardly got of the ground and as I said in my initial post it was just my opinion. Our opinions differ and that's cool 😁

Coaching Staff
    Pull Away!

Yep, as suggested on another post……

The last A League team Miller actually played for was Central Coast Mariners, but his contract had expired and he had signed with Macarthur when Hibs came in for him.

He never kicked a ball for Macarthur, but was their player when we signed him, and they were quite happy to get the fee.

Incidentally, a similar thing happened when Hearts signed Cammy Devlin from Newcastle just after his move from Wellington Phoenix.

Coaching Staff
    Sorry when i didn't make myself perfectly clear, he hardly got of the ground and as I said in my initial post it was just my opinion. Our opinions differ and that's cool 😁
    Yep.

I’d just add that I’m not advocating we sign him….but just add him to our ‘watch list’ as a possible, as he has improved and is on the international scene now.

One goalie I would have signed though a few months ago..was out of contract Tom Glover from Melbourne City.

We had him on trial a couple of years ago when he was still attached to Spurs, but on loan in Oz, but didn’t sign him.

He too has improved since then and signed at the end of last season with Middlesbrough.

Meantime, we signed Wollacot.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    CCM lose again.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    CCM lose again.

Table is a bit topsy turvy to last year at the moment I guess.

Sydney Fc and Melbourne City both sacked their coaches in the past few weeks.

Not unexpected for the Mariners who literally lost half of last season’s team, and Melbourne City who were not far behind that in departures.

Feel a bit sorry for the Mariners coach coming into a team who had just been crowned champions, but had lost not only half the team, but the main backroom staff too.

No internal transfers are allowed in the A League? I am reading that right?

Seems a bit bonkers no?

Table is a bit topsy turvy to last year at the moment I guess.

Sydney Fc and Melbourne City both sacked their coaches in the past few weeks.

Not unexpected for the Mariners who literally lost half of last season’s team, and Melbourne City who were not far behind that in departures.

Feel a bit sorry for the Mariners coach coming into a team who had just been crowned champions, but had lost not only half the team, but the main backroom staff too.
    What are your thoughts on the players linked to Hibs?

Seen some mention

Tulio
    Nisbet or Ballard
    Farrell

As all potentially coming.

I’ve only seen small amounts of CCM games, Tulio was the one that impressed me whenever I saw him with his skill/technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Seen some mention

Tulio
    Nisbet or Ballard
    Farrell

I’ve only seen small amounts of CCM games, Tulio was the one that impressed me whenever I saw him with his skill/technique.
    Haven't heard Ballard's name being mentioned before, not a name I even recognise. What position does he play?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Seen some mention

Tulio
    Nisbet or Ballard
    Farrell

Would Tulio get a work permit? He's Brazilian, arrived in Australia last year, with 5 Brazil U17 caps?

@hibs.net private member
    Haven't heard Ballard's name being mentioned before, not a name I even recognise. What position does he play?
    22 yo midfielder with 50 odd games under his belt for CCM, never heard of him either to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by King Cosell View Post
    Would Tulio get a work permit? He's Brazilian, arrived in Australia last year, with 5 Brazil U17 caps?
    It’s very easy to get a work permit from the SFA, hence why a team in Scotland would be attractive to the owner of an EPL team. Any player who fails to get the requisite number of GBE points for an automatic visa gets appealed through an SFA exemptions panel which is essentially a wave through process - I’ve not heard of any player failing to be a WP in the Scotland since the new rules came into play.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    No internal transfers are allowed in the A League? I am reading that right?

Seems a bit bonkers no?
    Yes, you are reading that right.

Can’t remember the original reason for that but presume it was seen as inflationary…….the A League’s predecessor the NSL went bust partly because of inflationary pressures where a new team came in paying much higher salaries, then couldn’t sustain it and went bust a few seasons later.
    The league was always under capitalised, but the clubs just ran out of money basically, and teams were going broke every season.

The feeling is now that allowing transfers in the A League may help boost clubs by money circling within the league, but we’ll see what happens.

The A League is very much struggling financially, and the crunch will come when the current tv deal expires in a couple of years.

You have to understand I guess, that football is not the main sport in Oz…..not even the second, and if you count cricket, not even the third…..so tv companies are not fighting each other for the tv rights.

Coaching Staff
    I’ll try and answer the questions posed, and offer my opinion on the players….keep in mind it’s just my opinions and people may see things differently….although I have followed the Mariners pretty closely.
    1 I have no idea if Tillio would get a work permit….nor if he would want to play in Scotland.

He’s a good player imho…..not a star that will be a top scorer in Scotland but a good player.

2 Nisbet…a pocket sized dynamo in midfield with a fair bit of skill…..but he’s about 5’3”..and although a tough wee guy, I’m pretty sure most Scottish clubs would be hesitant to sign him because of his small stature. Mind you, he’s worthy of consideration, definitely.

3 Ballard…I would be surprised if many clubs wanted to sign him in Scotland, and surprised to see his name here…but as I say it’s about opinions.

4 Farrell…..Hibs have been aware of Farrell for a couple of years, and I know Monty thinks highly of him.
    He’s a member of the under 23’s and an excellent prospect at left back.
    A shy, quiet laddie, he is good going forward and can put in some crunching tackles.
    Some may see him currently as being a bit raw for regular SPL football, but he is definitely someone I’d like to see Hibs sign before someone else does.

5 Kaltak. The first Vanuatu player in the A League and a hero in his home country…even his prime minister came to watch him in the Grand Final.
    A rugged centre half who puts his body on the line every game.
    Not sure how he’d go in Scotland though speed wise…and dunno how he’d fancy Scotland in the winter tbh.
    One thing you could guarantee though is 100% effort.

Most of these guys are pretty good….but sometimes I think some supporters expect any signings from overseas to be ‘messiahs’ and are disappointed if they are the same level as the existing squad or just a wee bit better.

There are no ‘superstars’ there but certainly good professional players…and in Farrell a definite future prospect if handled right.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 13-11-2023 at 09:24 PM.

I’ll try and answer the questions posed, and offer my opinion on the players….keep in mind it’s just my opinions and people may see things differently….although I have followed the Mariners pretty closely.
    1 I have no idea if Tillio would get a work permit….nor if he would want to play in Scotland.

He’s a good player imho…..not a star that will be a top scorer in Scotland but a good player.

2 Nisbet…a pocket sized dynamo in midfield with a fair bit of skill…..but he’s about 5’3”..and although a tough wee guy, I’m pretty sure most Scottish clubs would be hesitant to sign him because of his small stature. Mind you, he’s worthy of consideration, definitely.

3 Ballard…I would be surprised if many clubs wanted to sign him in Scotland, and surprised to see his name here…but as I say it’s about opinions.

4 Farrell…..Hibs have been aware of Farrell for a couple of years, and I know Monty thinks highly of him.
    He’s a member of the under 23’s and an excellent prospect at left back.
    A shy, quiet laddie, he is good going forward and can put in some crunching tackles.
    Some may see him currently as being a bit raw for regular SPL football, but he is definitely someone I’d like to see Hibs sign before someone else does.

5 Kaltak. The first New Caledonian player in the A League and a hero in his home country…even his prime minister came to watch him in the Grand Final.
    A rugged centre half who puts his body on the line every game.
    Not sure how he’d go in Scotland though speed wise…and dunno how he’d fancy Scotland in the winter tbh.
    One thing you could guarantee though is 100% effort.

Most of these guys are pretty good….but sometimes I think some supporters expect any signings from overseas to be ‘messiahs’ and are disappointed if they are the same level as the existing squad or just a wee bit better.

There are no ‘superstars’ there but certainly good professional players…and in Farrell a definite future prospect if handled right.
    Cheers Forza.

I think the person that mentioned Balard to me probably just got mixed up with Nisbet.

Farrell when I’ve seen him has reminded me a bit of Callum Booth, don’t know if it’s his height/build!