hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knowing Levein I think he will play under-strength sides in the four split games and play a full strength side against us. If Hibs continue on an upward curve there's a chance of us getting that fourth spot and potentially denying Hearts a European place if they lose the final. He'll do anything to prevent that - don't think league position will worry him in the slightest as he's bought some time with the Hearts faithful getting to the cup final with a chance of winning it. He'll also want his best players fit and not risking injury. I expect to see the likes of Cochrane, Bozanic, McLean, Keena, even Edwards in their side post-split.
    Lennon will need to rest his players against them in the league match the week before to avoid the risk of getting their legs broken.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    If any players get a straight red card in 2nd last or last game of the season will that rule them out of the final? Don’t think 2 yellows carries into other comps.

The final is weeks away but can exclusively reveal that Berra Souttar Haring and Uche are doubtful.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I am definitely in the karma camp.

What they got away with at Easter Road in the league cup was unbelievable. McInnes all smug and laughie laughie then.

Today the absolutely got what should have been coming to them many moons ago.

Whar goes round comes round.
    Me too. They are a bunch of thugs and have been getting away with murder for ages. Good to see them being shown up on a big stage.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Me too. They are a bunch of thugs and have been getting away with murder for ages. Good to see them being shown up on a big stage.
    They are the definition of flat track bullies. Can regularly be counted on to beat the St Johnstones and St Mirrens, but fail miserably to rise to the occasion against the big teams. They don't even turn up. The games against them at ER are usually the worst games of the season from a purist point of view. (Unless it's a midweek cup tie under the lights and Malonga and Cummings are playing).

Celtic will absolutely **** hearts in the final. It will be about 3 or 4 nil.

Hearts fans know it as well so their build up will be based on the knowledge their getting hammered.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Aberdeen wanted to get Celtic into a physical battle, as that represented their best chance. However, they failed to control the aggression and self-destructed. It was a never a contest.

Anyway, things will be much tougher in a Celtic final for the Jambos, which is great. Celtic, going for the treble treble, will be right up for it.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 14-04-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    The final is weeks away but can exclusively reveal that Berra Souttar Haring and Uche are doubtful.
    Donald Ford and Ernie Winchester are hoping to be fit but Potter thinks they won't make it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Mcinnes saying he was sent off because he reacted to the sectarian abuse aimed at him. I always thought Celtic were very sleekit in their sectarianism but they seem to be following Rangers’ lead more and more these days.

Wonder if Lennon will back up a fellow manager subjected to sectarianism.

I said at the time is he going mental because of the song because the result was gone

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Mcinnes saying he was sent off because he reacted to the sectarian abuse aimed at him. I always thought Celtic were very sleekit in their sectarianism but they seem to be following Rangers’ lead more and more these days.

Mcinnes didn’t have much of an opinion when Lennon was subject to sectarian abuse by the Aberdeen fans after their penalty shoot out win the the league cup this season- it was loud and clear on tv

Aberdeen were shocking today

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

When has Lennon ever been backed up? Or Alan Stubbs, or further back Tony Mowbray? Sleekit is the term I’d probably use for McInnes.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    That result...

• Makes a Hearts victory look extremely unlikely.
    • Makes our chances of a European place rise significantly. Hearts will also rest players in the run up, meaning we should be finishing above them now for sure.
    • Knocks the wind out of Aberdeen's sails.
    • Noises up The Rangers, as it will kill them watching the treble treble.

All in, good result for us.
    yep, all good

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    That result...

• Makes a Hearts victory look extremely unlikely.
    • Makes our chances of a European place rise significantly. Hearts will also rest players in the run up, meaning we should be finishing above them now for sure.
    • Knocks the wind out of Aberdeen's sails.
    • Noises up The Rangers, as it will kill them watching the treble treble.

All in, good result for us.
    Along with Aberdeen losing two players through suspension and one of Celtic's players of the year potentially being out of our match next week with an injury. Not a bad outcome!

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Aberdeen....3 Huns let them down today...shambles of a club delighted they got pumped

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Never actually watched this game.

I saw the highlights on BBC news last night

Can someone please explain to me how McInnes got himself sent off after the whole of the Celtic were singing ( I presume ) that he was a “sad orange b......” ?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Never actually watched this game.

I saw the highlights on BBC news last night

Can someone please explain to me how McInnes got himself sent off after the whole of the Celtic were singing ( I presume ) that he was a “sad orange b......” ?
    Because he reacted with a blatant GIRUY gesture. Incidentally, I love how the Sheep are getting on their high horse about it after their fans sang the same song to Steven Gerrard at Ibrox in the quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Because he reacted with a blatant GIRUY gesture. Incidentally, I love how the Sheep are getting on their high horse about it after their fans sang the same song to Steven Gerrard at Ibrox in the quarter.
    Hmmm!

Sounds harsh

Could the fourth official not have asked him to take a seat?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Hmmm!

Sounds harsh

Could the fourth official not have asked him to take a seat?
    Possibly but when you see it was a blatant GIRUY. Good thing is that it’s actually brought some attention to what the fans were singing.

Possibly but when you see it was a blatant GIRUY. Good thing is that it’s actually brought some attention to what the fans were singing.

Agree!

We need to highlight the sectarian agenda of both sides of the OF at every opportunity as they are the main agitators in this issue and according to them it is never them it is always someone else

Seems to me that MacInnes was the victim on this occasion but he will know himself he should not have reacted the way he did

He is better than that!

@hibs.net private member
    I must have missed the bit when McInnes called out the Huns sectarian singing when he was a Rangers player...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    I must have missed the bit when McInnes called out the Huns sectarian singing when he was a Rangers player...
    Good point.

The 2 reds were shocking from the Aberdeen players point of view, absolute thuggery. IMO you need discipline to have half a chance of beating Celtic.

They want to deflect from the fact their team are rank and this is the only way out for them. I can see mcwinless getting the sack at the end of the season. bottle jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    They want to deflect from the fact their team are rank and this is the only way out for them. I can see mcwinless getting the sack at the end of the season. bottle jobs
    They're hitting regular second places in the league - maybe third this time round thanks to Rangers starting to get their act together a bit, getting regular European football (they had a really unlucky draw last year), and going fairly deep in most cups. By any objective metric, Aberdeen are doing pretty well, though obviously they have the odd poor result, which is true of every team. Sacking McInnes for not quite being able to get past a team or teams with 5 or 10 times the budget is not likely to be a smart move.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    If any players get a straight red card in 2nd last or last game of the season will that rule them out of the final? Don’t think 2 yellows carries into other comps.
    Why? In a game they are more than likely to lose, are you wanting them to lose their players and give them an excuse that they were under strength?
    To my way of thinking, you're more worried that they may win?
    Not a chance with what ever team they field!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    They're hitting regular second places in the league - maybe third this time round thanks to Rangers starting to get their act together a bit, getting regular European football (they had a really unlucky draw last year), and going fairly deep in most cups. By any objective metric, Aberdeen are doing pretty well, though obviously they have the odd poor result, which is true of every team. Sacking McInnes for not quite being able to get past a team or teams with 5 or 10 times the budget is not likely to be a smart move.

Aberdeen appeared to be strong but that was all down to the fact the bigger clubs went into meltdown mode all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Aberdeen appeared to be strong but that was all down to the fact the bigger clubs went into meltdown mode all at the same time.
    No, it wasn't. They were actually a very good side. Rooney, Mclean, Shinnie, McGinn, Jack and more were all very good SPL players.

Police Scotland to investigate the sectarian chants aimed at Derek McInnes

Celtic release a statement saying there is no place for sectarian singing in Scottish Football

They have also hit back at being the only club under investigation by police after events at Sunday’s game after disgusting “ paedo” chants were directed at their fans and players from Aberdeen supporters

The plot thickens

Police Scotland to investigate the sectarian chants aimed at Derek McInnes

Celtic release a statement saying there is no place for sectarian singing in Scottish Football

They have also hit back at being the only club under investigation by police after events at Sunday’s game after disgusting “ paedo” chants were directed at their fans and players from Aberdeen supporters

The plot thickens
    And what are PS going to do ? Without actual evidence of individuals committing a crime, they can do heehaw.

Woohoo, Celtic dust off the same (yawn) statement they've released for the last 4 decades, while pointing the finger elsewhere. If they were in the least bit concerned they would as a minimum apologise to McInnes - but no, its the same lipservice that BOTH sets of Glasgow Bigots give to the issue. Sky, BT Sport, their Sponsors, the Weedgie Press and all their fans will be happy.