hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt they can send you away without discovering illicit items on you at the time you try to enter ER.
    They'll be asking you to produce a urine sample to be tested.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    A match in Belgium has been abandoned because of flares.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47916657

But But But it looks so colourful

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    But do I get in or sent away because some dog could smell something?
    You will be taken away and strip searched, hopefully a van is available to do this in.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    So we've to stop saying Daz, Lewis, Flo, Sparky etc just because as you say we don't know them personally, what a croc of sh it. How about you maybe call her Ms Dempster then instead of the derogatory HERSELF crap.

Oh and I have met her a few times and call her by her 1st name, similar to most of the team members I've met over the years.

On what planet is herself derogatory? Have a day off eh. Absolutely pathetic moaning about someone saying herself. If I was talking about petrie and said himself would you be getting your knickers in a twist then too? Nah probably not eh?

So we've to stop saying Daz, Lewis, Flo, Sparky etc just because as you say we don't know them personally, what a croc of sh it. How about you maybe call her Ms Dempster then instead of the derogatory HERSELF crap.

Oh and I have met her a few times and call her by her 1st name, similar to most of the team members I've met over the years.
    I think your maybe making abit of a mountain out of a molehill here.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Not really, he has an agenda against Dempster and a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.

Not really, he has an agenda against Dempster and a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss.
    I don't have an agenda against her. Explain how I do? I said I didn't think paying 100k for cctv no one has said we MUST get installed is ridiculous. How you can equate that to having an agenda is beyond me. You obviously think she can do no wrong though so it's a pointless conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I don't have an agenda against her. Explain how I do? I said I didn't think paying 100k for cctv no one has said we MUST get installed is ridiculous. How you can equate that to having an agenda is beyond me. You obviously think she can do no wrong though so it's a pointless conversation.
    She has made a couple of errors in judgement but all in all has been great for our club. She mentioned after the bottle incident that CCTV needed upgrading due to not covering the whole crowd sufficiently, how much do you think CCTV costs, it's not pennies. If coke sniffing eejits stayed in their seats and stopped throwing stuff, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

She has made a couple of errors in judgement but all in all has been great for our club. She mentioned after the bottle incident that CCTV needed upgrading due to not covering the whole crowd sufficiently, how much do you think CCTV costs, it's not pennies. If coke sniffing eejits stayed in their seats and stopped throwing stuff, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    I never once said she hadn't. I said this season standards had slipped slightly compared to previous years. There was a lack of communication between club and fans first half of the season. That's improved in the last few months.

She said the CCTV NEEDED upgraded. Then why did she mention it was money she would rather spend on football If it was money obviously going to be used on upgrading the CCTV? Of course your last sentence is true. The people ultimately to blame are the people who are doing these things but at the minute, with no pressure to do so we have wasted 100k on something which isn't needed. At the end of the day the SPFL/SFA can't force it until strict liability is enforced which by the sound of it isn't going to be very soon. Despite all the white noise about the government getting involved I would highly doubt that's going to happen either.

I never once said she hadn't. I said this season standards had slipped slightly compared to previous years. There was a lack of communication between club and fans first half of the season. That's improved in the last few months.

She said the CCTV NEEDED upgraded. Then why did she mention it was money she would rather spend on football If it was money obviously going to be used on upgrading the CCTV? Of course your last sentence is true. The people ultimately to blame are the people who are doing these things but at the minute, with no pressure to do so we have wasted 100k on something which isn't needed. At the end of the day the SPFL/SFA can't force it until strict liability is enforced which by the sound of it isn't going to be very soon. Despite all the white noise about the government getting involved I would highly doubt that's going to happen either.
    I don't think we had any plans to upgrade but recent events have forced our hand.

Communication wasn't great due to the strained relationship with Lennon, he was the one not doing press, acting very bizarrely and ultimately losing the plot to get asked to leave. It was a very tricky situation he had placed Dempster in and things had to be kept quiet while it all played out.
    Last edited by J-C; 13-04-2019 at 02:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Ms Dempster

:)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-04-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Ms Dempster

:)
    Haha touche 😁

It only needed upgraded because the current system isn't able to identify the idiots so that they can be dealt with appropriately by the club.

Are you happy for the idiots to continue bringing bad publicity to our club?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It only needed upgraded because the current system isn't able to identify the idiots so that they can be dealt with appropriately by the club.

Are you happy for the idiots to continue bringing bad publicity to our club?
    Not only brings bad publicity but could endanger fellow supporters.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    But But But it looks so colourful
    When the debate around flares (“they're not smoke bombs”) raged on here a few years back I tried to see if there was any view / ruling around pyro stuff that either FIFA or UEFA has - iirc it was left to the individual associations from what I could tell.

I couldn’t find anything much at the time quite frankly lost interest as things continued but wonder if by their apparent inaction they have effectively endorsed it and the imagery makes good TV and pics it’s what a lot of focus is on so here we are caught in the middle.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I dont think she's made any mistakes since arriving at the club, others may disagree, but i think she's been 100% right from the day she walked in the door, from sacking Butcher to loyalty points and now CCTV.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont think she's made any mistakes since arriving at the club, others may disagree, but i think she's been 100% right from the day she walked in the door, from sacking Butcher to loyalty points and now CCTV.
    Spot on

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Well said Blackpool. Sometimes she must feel like the school mistress chastising the bairns for misbehaving but its been necessary.

A match in Belgium has been abandoned because of flares.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47916657
    Another incident involving a flare......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47937397

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Another incident involving a flare......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47937397
    That’s a smoke bomb.. isn’t a flare something that shoots through the air and burns at high temperatures?

Sounds like the wee laddie got a fright which isn’t great and for that reason alone you can’t say that it’s an act that can be condoned.

But there’s also a great video of kids of a similar age using smoke bombs and signing the Liverpool “allez allez” before the game.
    Last edited by PaulSmith; 15-04-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    That’s a smoke bomb.. isn’t a flare something that shoots through the air and burns at high temperatures?

Sounds like the wee laddie got a fright which isn’t great and for that reason alone you can’t say that it’s an act that can be condoned.

But there’s also a great video of kids of a similar age using smoke bombs and signing the Liverpool “allez allez” before the game.
    Flares can be hand held too.

http://www.lhrmarine.com/product/handheld-flare

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Glad you drew the line at calling him 'JC'.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Bang on!

She is the best signing we've made in a long time, can't say there has really been anything I would disagree with that she has done, there is still folk out there who thinks she is just Petrie's lapdog and will never move past that, stubbornness is a hell of a thing.

Reading some of the posts on this thread makes me think that the (evicted) inhabitants of Section N have taken residence on here.