hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Since 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive no idea what the answer is. I just know we cant keep punting fans out of the seats theyve had for years to accomodate one group. A group who can do great things fair enough but can also be a headache for not following the rules. I bought my son a season ticket at age six and still pay for it and hes a 22 year old dad! I wish id ever had the chance to pay £25 quid. I think his was about £150 but could be wrong.
    You mean like the club are already doing in the FFL to suit a group, namely families?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Ive no idea what the answer is. I just know we cant keep punting fans out of the seats theyve had for years to accomodate one group. A group who can do great things fair enough but can also be a headache for not following the rules. I bought my son a season ticket at age six and still pay for it and hes a 22 year old dad! I wish id ever had the chance to pay £25 quid. I think his was about £150 but could be wrong.
    If the SS are moved by the powers that be someone is going to be ousted from their seats /comfort zone

As others have suggested if they are to move back to the East for example as LD seems to be adamant FFL IS the Family Section let them individually apply for their STs in the area of their choosing and take over that!

As long as it is not my area

There is not going to be an easy solution to this one just now they are still in FFU but at least they now seem to be back onside with the club

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    You mean like the club are already doing in the FFL to suit a group, namely families?
    Its been a family stand for a long time. I dont really agree with people being made to move seats at all, theres few decent ones left available to move to anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    From what has always been the family section? Once your kids grow up you should move as you are no longer eligible. It then frees up seats for the next generation. I know a number of supporters who have done this over years.

The problem is that seats are taken up by £25 tickets and supporters who are not entitled to be there.

Let's see what happens with this initiative in getting young fans to attend the games.

As an aside the main problem I putting Since1875Hibs group in the lower stand is the hangers-on who could create mayhem throwing things or getting on to the pitch. If the group can't police them with flares, drumsticks and the likes where they are what chance have they got in the lower stand?

If mayhem did break out where do you move them to then or do you just ban them?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Its been a family stand for a long time. I dont really agree with people being made to move seats at all, theres few decent ones left available to move to anyway.
    My mother in law sits in the lower with her sister and her brother in law. They have had these seats for years. They are family, albeit in their 70s and 80s rather than kids. I cannot understand why they are being asked to move. Nor can they and they are unlikely to renew elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    From what has always been the family section? Once your kids grow up you should move as you are no longer eligible. It then frees up seats for the next generation. I know a number of supporters who have done this over years.

The problem is that seats are taken up by £25 tickets and supporters who are not entitled to be there.

Let's see what happens with this initiative in getting young fans to attend the games.

As an aside the main problem I putting Since1875Hibs group in the lower stand is the hangers-on who could create mayhem throwing things or getting on to the pitch. If the group can't police them with flares, drumsticks and the likes where they are what chance have they got in the lower stand?

If mayhem did break out where do you move them to then or do you just ban them?
    I took my kids to the FF family section from the first season it opened and it was all families with young kids and female staff from Hibs on hand to keep an eye on things. It was very much a family atmosphere. However as the kids grew up into teenagers and parents maybe thought they no longer had to watch their language / behaviour and the club staff disappeared, the atmosphere changed. By the time we moved, it was pretty much like any other stand with plenty angry swearing dads and teenage children. It didn't make it much of a family atmosphere for the next generation of families with young kids, coming along.

If Hibs aren't going to allow Since 1875 into the FFL and are wanting to keep it as a family stand, they maybe need to put steps in place to make it family friendly.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    I took my kids to the FF family section from the first season it opened and it was all families with young kids and female staff from Hibs on hand to keep an eye on things. It was very much a family atmosphere. However as the kids grew up into teenagers and parents maybe thought they no longer had to watch their language / behaviour and the club staff disappeared, the atmosphere changed. By the time we moved, it was pretty much like any other stand with plenty angry swearing dads and teenage children. It didn't make it much of a family atmosphere for the next generation of families with young kids, coming along.

If Hibs aren't going to allow Since 1875 into the FFL and are wanting to keep it as a family stand, they maybe need to put steps in place to make it family friendly.
    I think as a start and have seen this at other grounds a sign clearly indicating it is a family stand and for fans to watch their language. Should then allow stewards to do their job and highlight to anyone not doing this. Guy at my work goes there with kids say 8 and 6 or similar and he indicates a regular group of older teens swearing relentlessly which clearly shouldnt happen. Odd expletive fair enough if something happens in the game but not on that scale IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post

That is the plan.

I still see too many young kids in the east, this stand was always a real adults only one due to the rowdiness of the support in it, even now there's still a lot of shouting, swearing, aggression towards refs/opponents etc and not really a place to take younger kids, they should be in a family only section.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    My mother in law sits in the lower with her sister and her brother in law. They have had these seats for years. They are family, albeit in their 70s and 80s rather than kids. I cannot understand why they are being asked to move. Nor can they and they are unlikely to renew elsewhere.
    You can't understand why they are being asked to move from a section which is designated to make attending football accessible for people with young children when they do not attend with any young children themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I still see too many young kids in the east, this stand was always a real adults only one due to the rowdiness of the support in it, even now there's still a lot of shouting, swearing, aggression towards refs/opponents etc and not really a place to take younger kids, they should be in a family only section.
    Isn’t it rather sad that in 2019 some adults can’t behave themselves near kids? Move them to a small unreconstructed bampot area instead.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    You can't understand why they are being asked to move from a section which is designated to make attending football accessible for people with young children when they do not attend with any young children themselves?
    Strange reply. The Popester explained that they’ve sat there for years. There’s no issues with accomodating youngsters in the FFL, is there? I’d be more bothered about why there’s always so many empty seats there myself.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Who came up with the idea of a singing section at the football in the first place?

Crappy idea and we should ditch it all together.

Spontaneous singing and cheering from the whole stadium is so much better anyways.

I’d also ditch the family section but as that’s never gonna happen I just hope they keep increasing the kids ST prices so that they end up the same as the other concession prices.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Who came up with the idea of a singing section at the football in the first place?

Spontaneous singing and cheering from the whole stadium is so much better anyways.
    They have that idea, it's called every ground in Scotland that doesn't have a singing section. And guess what? They're all morgues.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Strange reply. The Popester explained that they’ve sat there for years. There’s no issues with accomodating youngsters in the FFL, is there? I’d be more bothered about why there’s always so many empty seats there myself.
    There's folks with young kids who want to sit in the FFL, but they can't because there aren't any ST slots there. If you go on the ticket site right now, you'll see that there is currently no free ST seat in the FF lower where two people can sit together - which is an obvious necessity for a parent with a young child.

Part of the problem is the empty seat issue. Part of the problem is that there are folks without children in the FFL. Hibs are attempting to solve both issues at the same time, one by a large price hike so to deter people from taking up seats they've no intention of using, and one by barring folks without children from renewing in the FFL. If you've a better solution to the empty seats issue, let's hear it.
    Last edited by Aim Here; 20-03-2019 at 04:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    We never had a singing section for he AEK game.

Best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at ER.

That’s what we should be aiming for, not plasticky fake support with a conductor. That’s all very Celtic.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    West lower north seems sensible

I remember back in the early eighties the old North Enclosure ( West Lower North ) had all the hard core hibbies and we had all the footstompers in the old wooden stand above us and big Frank Dougan would start off the singing “ Hibees ! Hibees!”

The smell o baccy wafting fae the pipe smoke changed days indeed!
    These are my first memories of Easter Road, only Frank started hanging out with my old man and his crew there much later. It was favoured by the Hibs Club committee members because it was the shortest possible walk from the club which they'd timed perfectly to arrive 2 minutes before kick-off and meant minimum time needed between pints.

For me it was always "the auld codgers" stand and I couldn't wait to be old enough to get out of there and over to the east where most of the off pitch action took place.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Isn’t it rather sad that in 2019 some adults can’t behave themselves near kids? Move them to a small unreconstructed bampot area instead.

One of the kids days last season there was young kids around 3-5 yrs old in the east, just a big no no for me in that stand, there's a family section for a reason and also part of the west on a kids day, why take kids that young to an adult majority stand.

It's over 20 years since I and my family (5 of us in total) were asked to move from the (now) Famous Five stand because our daughter had reached an age where she had to buy an adult ticket. This is nothing new but obviously when ST sales were low it's not been enforced. We moved into the old East then when the new West was built we moved there. Personally I don't care where the group sits but don't want them next to me! Call me boring but I like to be able to watch the football on offer without dodging guys standing or jumping around.

We never had a singing section for he AEK game.

Best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at ER.

That’s what we should be aiming for, not plasticky fake support with a conductor. That’s all very Celtic.
    The fact you can pinpoint the game shows how rare it was that the atmosphere was good. There are other factors, such as the acoustics of the old East vs the new East that need to be taken into consideration.

Are Dortmund ultras also 'very Celtic', or has it occurred to you that maybe Celtic copied someone else (there's a shock)?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    There's folks with young kids who want to sit in the FFL, but they can't because there aren't any ST slots there. If you go on the ticket site right now, you'll see that there is currently no free ST seat in the FF lower where two people can sit together - which is an obvious necessity for a parent with a young child.

Part of the problem is the empty seat issue. Part of the problem is that there are folks without children in the FFL. Hibs are attempting to solve both issues at the same time, one by a large price hike so to deter people from taking up seats they've no intention of using, and one by barring folks without children from renewing in the FFL. If you've a better solution to the empty seats issue, let's hear it.

I sit with my 2 kids in the FFL and have done for 4 seasons now , Thing is they are getting bigger now , One is a student and one is a youth , And with the price changes i'm actually paying the same to sit anywhere else in the stadium , So it's time for a change ..But i'm going to renew my 3 seats in the FFL as the seats on offer at the moment anywhere in the stadium are crap ...So i'l be gambling on the 14k Season tickets we sold last year not renewing so i can pinch 3 seats together anywhere in the stadium

As an aside here ,,,There is a guy that sits 4 rows away from me every single week that has no kids , He stands alone .. How has he managed to get into the FFL if its a family section ? Unless he has paid for kids season tickets , Which is still odd as you don't ever see his kids for even Cat A games

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s pish. Family stand should involve all concessions.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I sit with my 2 kids in the FFL and have done for 4 seasons now , Thing is they are getting bigger now , One is a student and one is a youth , And with the price changes i'm actually paying the same to sit anywhere else in the stadium , So it's time for a change ..But i'm going to renew my 3 seats in the FFL as the seats on offer at the moment anywhere in the stadium are crap ...So i'l be gambling on the 14k Season tickets we sold last year not renewing so i can pinch 3 seats together anywhere in the stadium

As an aside here ,,,There is a guy that sits 4 rows away from me every single week that has no kids , He stands alone .. How has he managed to get into the FFL if its a family section ? Unless he has paid for kids season tickets , Which is still odd as you don't ever see his kids for even Cat A games
    Your last para identifies one of the major problems, empty but paid for seats that no else can get access too, but then it's all about seats sold rather than occupied.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Could you advise what you consider is the minimum age to attend the east stand?

I’d also ditch the family section but as that’s never gonna happen I just hope they keep increasing the kids ST prices so that they end up the same as the other concession prices.
    I reckon you are trolling but I'll reply anyway. There is no spontaneous singing except from the singing section and on occasion a small part of the East.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quite fancy FF upper executive seating , Would cost me about an extra £150 for the 3 of us but least i know i'd get decent seats and no get soaked when it rains!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    I started going to the old east when I was 13, loved it in there, row M seat 93 was my season ticket for years, all the signing and shouting used to be in that area, loved it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Very good points. LD has been received very positively by the fans, and was certainly a breath of fresh air when she arrived. The new found aloof, high-handedness really does suggest she's preparing to ship out to Ibrox. 'Majesterial' i.e., defensive and self-justifying enough to appease the board and fans there, but her track record will give the weedge press the opportunity to say 'this is a progressive move which shows how far the huns have come in tackling problems of bigotry' etc etc

Hope I'm not being too cynical here.

Not at all,entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I think everyone is pretty much agreed that she called it wrong with the since 1875 guys and hopefully that's now being addressed.

But really all you have done is spout the same guff as the twitter trolls re her going to sevco but just used bigger words. Almost like you have a better grasp of the written word than everyone else....

She may well end up at IBrox one day but how you can feed that line at the moment is beyond me.

Think your being a tad oversensitive here.

As it happens I also suspect LD will be off soon,not sure that the destination will be IPox though

If it were then I would see" meltdown " on here

Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    Not real youngsters anyway, as Alliant says he was 13 and I remember being around a similar age going there with all my names in the very early 70's. Its akways been a very raucous stand with lots if very colourful language.