hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omeonga.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The latter. Was made clear when he signed that they rate him highly and just want him to get games. Would like to think we’d push for another years loan but unfortunately can’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not what I read. Prandelli doesn't seem to fancy him, he was tossed aside when he came in after being a squad player prior to that. If Genoa want him back then it'll be their sporting director I'd assume.

Omeonga himself spoke about opening new markets being in the UK. So I presume he sees his future over here.

I think there's a good chance we'll at least get him back on loan. He's playing and enjoying himself-even if Genoa want to keep him his value will only improve playing another year(5 years ) with us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He is a two footed player, technically very good and rarely wastes a pass.

I actually think we have a player that would cut it at a much higher level.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Reminds me so much of Latapy
    So many comparisons to Latapy but playing styles don’t come close in my opinion. He reminds me more of Zemamma.

Latapy was a proper number 10, tricky, skilful and opposition could barely get the ball off him. Omeonga plays deeper and doesn’t have anywhere near the level of trickery Latapy had.

He’s a class player though.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    At the risk of stirring up a hornets nest with some posters I have to say he reminds me of Latapy when he’s on a run with the ball. Excellent close control and he seems to have a habit of being confronted by a couple of opponents and emerging with the ball. Unlike wee Russell👀 he seems to have a bit of a dig about him too. Very impressive.
    Yes he reminds me of Latapy too .but Latapy had plenty of dig imo .
    Now ,If he could finish like Latapy 👌
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    He is a two footed player, technically very good and rarely wastes a pass.

I actually think we have a player that would cut it at a much higher level.
    Agree with that. Some of what he was trying to do was on a different page to team mates

'S' Form
    Well just read the Sunday Mail match report by Michael Gannon and according to him Omeonga was Hibs worst player! Rated him 6 whilst the rest of the team had 7 or more - was he actually at the game or did he just make up a report !

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Omeonga was different class yesterday , A blind man could see that , A cut above everyone else on the pitch .

Shades of Latapy about him where he can drop the shoulder and go left or right .

He's a player

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    How good is this young man?!! Excellent performance today, the lad has so much energy and skill, wonder if there is any chance of keeping him.
    Shame he’s only on loan like almost all our decent players

One for the oldies his running style reminds me of Peter Cormack.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He’ll be 23 next week, so not a youngster anymore
    He needs to be playing every week, wherever that may be, at his age

I like him and think he’s a good player who will get better with more game time.

Not quite as amazing as others seem to think but a good player who is like to see us get again next season, Also so not see the Latapy comparisons at all.

I watched the highlights of Genoa beating Juve 2-0 this lunchtime, (kept Juve to no shots on target!!) and had a wee scan at their midfield. Sturaro scored today, and cost 16 million euros from Juve (bet he enjoyed that goal). Goran Pandev the other scorer, absolute legend Macedonias best player of all time, scored an absolute hatful in serie a, usually at striker or sometimes midfield. Two other full regular internationalists from Serbia and Denmark. Thats the level he's got to reach if hes going to be a regular at Genoa.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 17-03-2019 at 06:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny_Tim View Post
    Slaver

Wasn't aware that Horgan, Marciano, Boyle, Kamberi etc were all loan players.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Is Tynie a lonely wee place for Tims like yourself?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Is Tynie a lonely wee place for Tims like yourself?
    You'd think they'd be a bit more selective in the tone of their posts after lying dormant for 6 months after joining

He definately reminds me of latapy with the way he carries himself but latapy was on a different level entirely..... sometimes latapy looked like he had the ball on a string

His passing style it quite similar to Latapy, that kind of nonchalant way of passing it, Omeonga has more to him defensively than Latapy had, but Latapy was out there on his own attacking wise, probably still the best player I've seen at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    How good is this young man?!! Excellent performance today, the lad has so much energy and skill, wonder if there is any chance of keeping him.
    Spot on

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Just watched his latest interview/ press conference on Hibs TV. Intelligent, articulate, honest and humble but with quiet confidence. This is a player with the football skills AND the personal attributes to go a long way in the game. I would love it if Hibs could keep hold of him next season.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Just watched his latest interview/ press conference on Hibs TV. Intelligent, articulate, honest and humble but with quiet confidence. This is a player with the football skills AND the personal attributes to go a long way in the game. I would love it if Hibs could keep hold of him next season.
    Of the 2 interviews that appeared on Hibs TV yesterday, I watched his first. His attitude, intelligence and enthusiasm are apparent and you can't help but want him to do well.

I enjoy Hecky's interviews too and like the way that he won't answer questions about things that don't concern him directly. Maybe NL should have done the same to avoid all the stuff about Celtic when he was still Hibs manager.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 28-03-2019 at 08:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

I enjoy Hecky's interviews too and like the way that he won't answer questions about things that don't concern him directly. Maybe NL should have done the same to avoid all the stuff aboutn Celtic when he was still Hibs manager.
    Agreed, Hecky's interviews are always excellent. Calm and articulate and gives simple no nonsense answers. he got dragged into the fans behaviour questions a bit too much a couple of weeks ago, but very sensibly he now avoids them and says that he is responsible for the players not the fans. Leaves all that to LD ,Good answer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Of the 2 interviews that appeared on Hibs TV yesterday, I watched his first. His attitude, intelligence and enthusiasm are apparent and you can't help but want him to do well.

I enjoy Hecky's interviews too and like the way that he won't answer questions about things that don't concern him directly. Maybe NL should have done the same to avoid all the stuff about Celtic when he was still Hibs manager.
    I don’t think he wanted to avoid all the Celtic stuff. He never really got Celtic out of his system and admits now that he could never really celebrate a Hibs goal against Celtic. He also revealed he had to stop Garry Parker from celebrating at times.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don’t think he wanted to avoid all the Celtic stuff. He never really got Celtic out of his system and admits now that he could never really celebrate a Hibs goal against Celtic. He also revealed he had to stop Garry Parker from celebrating at times.
    ****er

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Hadnt read that - if true, he can GTF, wee fanny.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Where is this written about?
    And do you mean stop Parker celebrating goals against the tims?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hadnt read that - if true, he can GTF, wee fanny.
    How does this make Lennon any different from a player who doesn't like celebrating a goal against their old team (like Sparky v us at Celtic Park)? Our results and performances against Celtic under Lennon suggest that he was trying to beat them just as much as against any other team!

Im so glad he's away from our club.

I think there is quite a bit of aftertiming here, in relation to Lennon.

He was good for Hibs and it all turned a bit sour but that is football.

He gave us some great times so let us look forward rather than back!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    How does this make Lennon any different from a player who doesn't like celebrating a goal against their old team (like Sparky v us at Celtic Park)? Our results and performances against Celtic under Lennon suggest that he was trying to beat them just as much as against any other team!
    In no way a Lennon supporter but your last sentence is a great point. Does it really matter if he cheered when we scored? Point is we played well and beat them, I’m sure that’s what’s important from a Hibs perspective