hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heckingbottom

Heckingbottom

Deserves a thread of his own

Unbeaten since his arrival (bar the celtc game) keep up the good work, things starting to come together, cant wait until Allan comes in along with a few other signings 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Has provided the lift in the league we were needing

Excellent

I’m feeling very optimistic about things right now and whatever happens next he’s earned the right to build his own squad this summer and give the league a real crack next season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deserves a thread of his own

Unbeaten since his arrival (bar the celtc game) keep up the good work, things starting to come together, cant wait until Allan comes in along with a few other signings 👍
    Amazing what he has achieved giving belief and heart to players who looked like they had given up. 13 out of 15 points and looking to push up the table further. Hopefully he is doing enough to make the Lennon FC brigade start to come out of mourning.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    13 points out of 15

Am I wrong, but is that a better run than Lennon managed all season?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Always a wee lift when someone new comes in , but for some reason this chap is filling me with confidence . There’s no doubt Lennon had to go so looking forward to this new chapter !

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    13 points out of 15

Am I wrong, but is that a better run than Lennon managed all season?
    It’s our best run this season.

Doing tremendously well and even more admirable given the threadbare nature of the squad just now. Still can’t believe some were questioning his appointment at ht in the hun game. Ridiculous behaviour.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Night and day to how things were when Lennon left, very very encouraging start and that’s with a team that is still depleted with injuries too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without wanting to go over old ground i can't help but wonder where would have been if our previous manager was still here. We we're 8th and going backwards. It's been an incredible transformation and the players have really taken to him

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Doing tremendously well and even more admirable given the threadbare nature of the squad just now. Still can’t believe some were questioning his appointment at ht in the hun game. Ridiculous behaviour.
    The point about the squad is significant. We had 12 senior players available today, and he lost his first choice right back during the game.

We were very good today, we could have scored a few more than we did but we've got better each game under Heckingbottom.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Apologies I’ve just dragged up an old Heckingbottom thread, didn’t see this one. What a breath of fresh air he’s been. Superb run were on and I would never have predicted us being pretty much guaranteed top 6 with 3 games to go. I didn’t even fancy us to get there in January to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Has provided the lift in the league we were needing

Excellent
    Agree, 8th was looking grim, it might not be pretty at times but he is obviously doing something right along with Stockdale, the players are responding, onwards and upwards 👍

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Apologies I’ve just dragged up an old Heckingbottom thread, didn’t see this one. What a breath of fresh air he’s been. Superb run were on and I would never have predicted us being pretty much guaranteed top 6 with 3 games to go. I didn’t even fancy us to get there in January to be honest.
    No probs mate, guy deserves the praise 👍

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Without wanting to go over old ground i can't help but wonder where would have been if our previous manager was still here. We we're 8th and going backwards. It's been an incredible transformation and the players have really taken to him
    Don’t worry too much about Lennon. His reputation and stock will survive at Parkhead where any Tom, Dick or Harry could win almost every game. He was under the spotlight at the end at ER and I’m sure he was relieved to get away, especially landing on his feet at Celtic Park, whether by design or sheer luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Amazing what he has achieved giving belief and heart to players who looked like they had given up. 13 out of 15 points and looking to push up the table further. Hopefully he is doing enough to make the Lennon FC brigade start to come out of mourning.
    And making the most of the signings football department made when we had no permanent head coach, turns out they knew what they were doing too!
    Spector signed at a perfect time too if SDG is going to miss games, squad slowly being strentghened with depth after suspensions and couple of injuries clear up. Youngsters helping with that too.
    Heck showing he's a proper manager using what's available to its maximum

Great start to his career. We look very organised.
    I wonder if playing with one up front is the way he will go next season or if he is just doing that because we need the extra body in midfield just now?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Wish we had gotten him in a lot sooner. Fantastic results.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Doing a great job so far with a squad that isn't his. Can't wait to see what he does in the summer.

Whisper it but 4th and possibly europe is within touching distance. We will need to improve in the big games though as we have come up short against Aberdeen and hearts badly this season.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    A crowd of over 17k suggests that the “Lennon FC brigade” are well and truly supporting our new manager.

Thats because they are Hibs fans, despite what you’re suggesting.

Left by mutual consent!
    The man is a class act. He speaks well and came into a club that seemed to be in turmoil and being slated in the press. Now the press are all brown nosing the Heckingbottom!

Got off to a great start and considering the lengthy injury list he's doing great with the extremely limited options available to him. Such a refreshing change watching a settled team playing to their strengths every week rather than an episode of the Lennon Lotto which was happening pretty much every week. Mon the Heck

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Heckingbottom is a born winner

Dream start for The Heck. Now need to see how he does against the top 6 - something which Lennon always seemed to relish and do well in. Other teams will not be looking forward to meeting Hibs in next few weeks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fantastic appointment. Well done everyone at the club in getting him in.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This is the key point for me. We have next to no options as squad incredibly thin. Today we have a midfielder in defense and a left back who has to go right as SDG injured. To get 4 wins and draw from 5 games is remarkable. We are more orgnised, seem fitter, press more and look more dangerous. Add Boyle, Scott Allan, Porteous and a few of Heck’s signings and who knows what he can do. Players seem to love the training and the detailed analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This is the key point for me. We have next to no options as squad incredibly thin. Today we have a midfielder in defense and a left back who has to go right as SDG injured. To get 4 wins and draw from 5 games is remarkable. We are more orgnised, seem fitter, press more and look more dangerous. Add Boyle, Scott Allan, Porteous and a few of Heck’s signings and who knows what he can do. Players seem to love the training and the detailed analysis.
    Agree with all that 👍

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Great start to his career. We look very organised.
    I wonder if playing with one up front is the way he will go next season or if he is just doing that because we need the extra body in midfield just now?

While my heart says we should play our own way regardless, the pragmatist in me suggests that we will have to go stronger in midfield against at least some teams to avoid being overrun. Alternatively, we go heavy on the flanks to force teams to counter us out wide but I don't see how we can do that on both sides and play two up top, we would be too short in the middle unless we had the capacity to sign stellar players way beyond our wage levels.

Three at the back gives us scope, but again we need the right blend in the middle. I think the best we have ever seen of Hanlon was when he had Allen linking in with him and Stevenson, with Allen offering the pass to one of the other two and then threading it to the other.

Likeliest, is four at the back with four in mid and someone with a bit more freedom to switch from flank to flank and stretch the opposition but it will be interesting to see. I think he has a decent football head and can probably suss out most of his opponents in this league.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    A crowd of over 17k suggests that the “Lennon FC brigade” are well and truly supporting our new manager.

Thats because they are Hibs fans, despite what you’re suggesting.
    They might have bought a ticket but there are plenty who were still moaning about the Heck's appointment and how we were going to suffer, negative tactics, downgrade from Lennon etc. Hopefully, the excellent performance and result today, with probably the smallest squad to choose from all season, will have made them start to think we now have a boss that supports, motivates and organises players.

I took pelters about my misgivings on Lennon's departure and how it was handled.
    However. P H is doing a grand job thus far.
    Long may it continue