This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FSF!!
    Fixed that for you....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Where did you see that mate?
    There were some media stories that he wanted a “12 month pay off if sacked” clause on his contract whilst Hibs would only give him 4 months

... And your point is?
    Point is that people have now become accustomed to instant information given the age we live in and chuck their toys out the pram whenever they don’t have it.

Find it weird this new phenomenon of people tearing into the club for not spilling the beans on absolutely everything that’s going on behind the scenes. Since when was it the norm for football clubs to plaster the ins and outs of managerial contract negotiations on Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’m pretty sure he’ll be announced as the outstanding candidate and our first choice for the role whenever it’s made official by the club.
    People will read what they want into whatever the club say.

To me it looks like we got the manager who worried less about the clauses surrounding his sacking. That is a good sign.

First choice, second choice is for the papers. Heck is one if our top candidates and is the one that agreed terms.

Where did you see that mate?
    In the various reports. Not seen any of them suggest that we moved the goalposts from something we had initially offered Appleton.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Fixed that for you....
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by hibbiemacfie View Post
    The stats I quoted came from the Leeds Live news pages. One win in sixteen four points of the bottom club Burton is what's stated.
    Wasn't a pop at you, was adding to your post, sorry if it read that way

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    There were some media stories that he wanted a “12 month pay off if sacked” clause on his contract whilst Hibs would only give him 4 months
    If he signed a 3yr deal and got sacked after 1yr would he not get 2yrs pay?

Left by mutual consent!
    I am hopeful this will be a good fit.

Only 6 months ago he was a much sought after manager down south and got a big job at Leeds which didnt work out.

I would take some of the Barnsley fans comments with a pinch of salt as some are still bitter for jumping ship to one of there main rivals. He over achieved at Barnsley and done a great job there hence the reason a huge club like Leeds came in for him.

Looking forward to see how he will do.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Just going by what was reported. It read that it is “normal” for a 12 month severance payout to be made of sacked but Hibs would only offer 4

I was wondering about the whole question myself. I'm not sure what the point would be of signing a three year contract if he could be fired at any time with a one year pay off? Isn't the point of a contract to ensure he has a job for whatever time frame agreed?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I was wondering about the whole question myself. I'm not sure what the point would be of signing a three year contract if he could be fired at any time with a one year pay off? Isn't the point of a contract to ensure he has a job for whatever time frame agreed?
    Indeed, which would make that a good deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Point is that people have now become accustomed to instant information given the age we live in and chuck their toys out the pram whenever they don’t have it.

Find it weird this new phenomenon of people tearing into the club for not spilling the beans on absolutely everything that’s going on behind the scenes. Since when was it the norm for football clubs to plaster the ins and outs of managerial contract negotiations on Twitter?
    That’s fine apart from the fact the board said it wanted to improve communication with the supporters. So much so that the board created two positions on the board for ‘supporters reps’ who we elect. All candidates procaim they will improve communications. Then we are completely left in the dark.

I honestly think it’s ridiculous.

We’ve lost our manger . No idea why. He’s not resigned. he’s not been sacked.... anyway .. no point in telling you SFA we’ll soon find a new manager,

I’m sorry. It’s not good enough.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I once got to the final three stage in a job application process, the very last thing we discussed was the fine details of the contract and salary structure. It wasn’t right for me so we discussed it further but couldn’t come to an agreement. We shook hands and I declared myself out, I never told the press though.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    In the various reports. Not seen any of them suggest that we moved the goalposts from something we had initially offered Appleton.
    That was my take too.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Wasn't a pop at you, was adding to your post, sorry if it read that way
    Not at all Wakeyhibee at the end of the day it's just stats. Let's hope the new man is a total success! What's happenin' in Largs? A former haunt of mine in my youth...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I once got to the final three stage in a job application process, the very last thing we discussed was the fine details of the contract and salary structure. It wasn’t right for me so we discussed it further but couldn’t come to an agreement. We shook hands and I declared myself out, I never told the press though.
    Same, have been in that position a couple of times and not once have I gone to the press about it.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Same, have been in that position a couple of times and not once have I gone to the press about it.
    I’ve never been in that position and have always gone to
    The press about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Fair enough .. so that’s what happened here then? No problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbiemacfie View Post
    Not at all Wakeyhibee at the end of the day it's just stats. Let's hope the new man is a total success! What's happenin' in Largs? A former haunt of mine in my youth...
    I hope so, i really dont know much about the guy outside the info on the net. As for Largs not a lot this time of year :) The OF fraternity here are generally decent though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I’ve never been in that position and have always gone to
    The press about it.
    Yeah when I'm not in that position I'm on to the press about it all the time.

That’s fine apart from the fact the board said it wanted to improve communication with the supporters. So much so that the board created two positions on the board for ‘supporters reps’ who we elect. All candidates procaim they will improve communications. Then we are completely left in the dark.

I honestly think it’s ridiculous.

We’ve lost our manger . No idea why. He’s not resigned. he’s not been sacked.... anyway .. no point in telling you SFA we’ll soon find a new manager,

I’m sorry. It’s not good enough.
    It’s not ridiculous. What is ridiculous is that people can’t comprehend two scenarios.

A. Lennon and the board don’t see eye to eye. The reason for this we don’t know (although it has been well speculated). The club, well aware of supporter sentiment, are unable to disclose information about this reason for disagreement due to legal implications. Legal implications that came about following an agreement between manager and board (mutual consent as per club statement).

B. The club don’t want to release information on candidates that they are considering/ interviewing for the role of manager, either through social media platforms or through the press. This may compromise the selection process - surely most people can grasp that?

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    It’s not ridiculous. What is ridiculous is that people can’t comprehend two scenarios.

A. Lennon and the board don’t see eye to eye. The reason for this we don’t know (although it has been well speculated). The club, well aware of supporter sentiment, are unable to disclose information about this reason for disagreement due to legal implications. Legal implications that came about following an agreement between manager and board (mutual consent as per club statement).

B. The club don’t want to release information on candidates that they are considering/ interviewing for the role of manager, either through social media platforms or through the press. This may compromise the selection process - surely most people can grasp that?
    Yeh, but your ‘scenarious’ are just made up . You are imagining that this might be the case. Anyone can dream up scenarios and you can make them as convoluted as you like. The point you completely ignore is that the board promised improved communications. Any chance you can give me a scenario when this happens?

Blog Entries
    Maybe I’m way off beam here, but if I have a three year deal and because of, say, unacceptable behaviour am enough of a liability to be ‘sacked’, I wouldn’t be expecting any severance payment. If, on the other hand, I have a three year contract but do not live up to expectations, I think it’s reasonable to expect severance payment if the company wanted rid of me, as it would be ‘by mutual agreement’. I think the Appleton situation was muddied because they were talking about sacking, resigning and mutual agreements. Anyway, it’s water under the bridge, and we move on.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeh, but your ‘scenarious’ are just made up . You are imagining that this might be the case. Anyone can dream up scenarios and you can make them as convoluted as you like. The point you completely ignore is that the board promised improved communications. Any chance you can give me a scenario when this happens?

Just like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Maybe I’m way off beam here, but if I have a three year deal and because of, say, unacceptable behaviour am enough of a liability to be ‘sacked’, I wouldn’t be expecting any severance payment. If, on the other hand, I have a three year contract but do not live up to expectations, I think it’s reasonable to expect severance payment if the company wanted rid of me, as it would be ‘by mutual agreement’. I think the Appleton situation was muddied because they were talking about sacking, resigning and mutual agreements. Anyway, it’s water under the bridge, and we move on.
    It doesn't matter if you would expect to get sacked or not, the point is that a fixed term contract would be honoured or they would be worthless. Not living up to expectations would be difficult to prove as well, given there could be multiple mitigating circumstances......

Good grief man, how old are you? Improved communications does not, and will never, include confidential information from employee negotiations. When we choose to not employ someone we are supposed to come out publicly and state his wage demands or contract details as being unreasonable?

That’s why it’s called a scenario. It is a highly possible explanation for lack of communication by the club. You, and many others, are bashing the club for lack of communication but ignoring glaringly obvious reasons for why they may choose not to disclose certain information.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Just like yours.
    Like what?

Promising Youngster