hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Call me a yam all you want I've got f all to do with that lot. I may be negative but I like to think I tell the truth and don't peddle the usual positive PR spin. I won't fall for it and neither should the rest of us.

Hope the new man can get us back to the top 6 this season and kick on from there. 2 good season out of the last 10 isn't what I pay my ST money for.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSirJMcginn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Call me a yam all you want I've got f all to do with that lot. I may be negative but I like to think I tell the truth and don't peddle the usual positive PR spin. I won't fall for it and neither should the rest of us.

Hope the new man can get us back to the top 6 this season and kick on from there. 2 good season out of the last 10 isn't what I pay my ST money for.
    What's the usual positive PR spin, please? If you could point out some of that, it would be great. Thanks.

It was hilarious in '86 though, you have to admit that?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

When did Hearts die?

Asking for a Hearts-supporting mate. He's quite worried.

@hibs.net private member

He’s consistent this one. Trying to play the long game

How good was it when Paul Hanlon netted the equaliser ?? Hearts players in their knees...The joy was wonderful wasn’t it ?

There's more post on this thread moaning about their being posts on this thread than any other posts on this thread dealing with the topic of what posts on this thread should be about.......

If you want a thread to drop down the board then stop replying to every other post on it
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What's the usual positive PR spin, please? If you could point out some of that, it would be great. Thanks.

It was hilarious in '86 though, you have to admit that?
    Hmm let's see-

We didn't make an arse of the NL statement...
    We haven't taken too long replacing him...
    Trying to pacify us with crap about Oli Shaw being one of the best strikers in Europe...
    And the usual stuff that none of the above matters because we have about 3 more seats in our stadium than the PBS...

Hearts attendance has consistently been greater than ours. Your being daft, Hearts are a our biggest rivals and we should look at them to improve ourselves and rise above them. People on here need to have a reality check, lets not make up facts about attendance. The one thing we have over Hearts is Class, they died and ripped of loads of small business. Hibs are run properly like a club should be and we should be proud of that.

" I look upon them similar to Kilmarnock and St Johnstone" where are all the threads for kille and st Johnston?
    Look Rolland I know school is off this week and your mum has left you unsupervised with access to a wifi connection but you really should try stick to the EEN with your mates TOTT and VictorIan...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hmm let's see-

Trying to pacify us with crap about Oli Shaw being one of the best strikers in Europe...
    And the usual stuff that none of the above matters because we have about 3 more seats in our stadium than the PBS...
    Ah, right - do you understand what PR spin is?

I think one of the things you listed could potentially fall into that category - the Oli Shaw comment. I think most folk (myself included) would disagree that Oli is one of the best young players in Europe - though it is literally correct, as "one of the..." could be a pretty long list. Technically, I am one of the best players in Europe, if the list of "the best" is several million people long. But I agree, that's probably pushing it. It was also from the club, so I think we can call it PR as well. Good spot.

Other than that, I think you've just listed a few things that people had opinions on, and there were probably as many comments saying the opposite - were they negative spin? Nope, just opinions.

Can you show me a post where someone has said it doesn't matter about how we're doing because we've sold some more seats than they have? Just one post that says that, I'm guessing that'll be quite easy because you've listed it under "usual stuff" so there must be loads.

Hmm let's see-

On the last point I think you mean Rugby Park. Anyway Hibs supporters don’t care which of the sub 20k capacity stadiums in Scotland is the biggest. I’m surprised you even brought it up...

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Hmm let's see-

Interesting point about the time it's taken to replace NL.

So far, the job has been vacant for 11 days.

Cathro was sacked on 31 July. It only dawned on Budgie that the "solution was right in front of her" on 28 August and Potter was brought back, much to the, ER, delight if the maroon hordes.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

There's nae point in us having a 20k seater stadium if half our fans don't turn up for the majority of games. As I said previously, sadly the bandwagon fans that jumped on when we won the cup have scuttled off again slowly but surely. I like our ambition with 20k but we may have shot our load on that one.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Cathro was sacked on 31 July. It only dawned on Budgie that the "solution was right in front of her" on 28 August and Potter was brought back, much to the, ER, delight if the maroon hordes.
    I completely missed the point about taking too long to replace Lennon.

Where's the usual PR spin around that one? Aside from the fact that it's not taking unusually long to replace a football manager, I can't remember seeing too much about it - might have been mentioned by Dempster in the interview she did, so could include that as PR, but not convinced it's spin, more of an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

WHY ARE YOU COMPARING EVERYTHING WITH HEARTS?!

My word who gives a how long they took WE ARE HIBERNIAN

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

There's nae point in us having a 20k seater stadium if half our fans don't turn up for the majority of games. As I said previously, sadly the bandwagon fans that jumped on when we won the cup have scuttled off again slowly but surely. I like our ambition with 20k but we may have shot our load on that one.
    Yeah, because we'll never have big crowds again.

Ah well.

When did Hearts die?

Please tell me... my friend is apoplectic here. He's thinking of throwing himself off the roof of the Wernham Hogg Stand, or even.... writing a letter to the Evening News.

What's taking the admins so long to delete him?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    When did Hearts die?

Please tell me... my friend is apoplectic here. He's thinking of throwing himself off the roof of the Wernham Hogg Stand, or even.... writing a letter to the Evening News.
    Whatever happens don't let him kick a hat around the car park!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Hmm let's see-

As you appear to have inside knowledge, can you tell us all who has replaced Neil Lennon as head coach? It hasn't been announced on the official site yet.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    What a tit. What's taking the admins so long to delete him?

Why should I be deleted? The admins are clearly more rational than yourself.

When did Hearts die?

This was funny about 12 posts ago Cropley, IDGAF what actually happened to them.

I often wonder what he was doing for all that time, on the pan. Was he reading? Scud mags? The Beano? (he was in Dundee, home of DC Thomson, after all).

Or was he just crying uncontrollably at the knowledge he was just too scared to help his teammates in their hour of need? Perhaps we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I often wonder what he was doing for all that time, on the pan. Was he reading? Scud mags? The Beano? (he was in Dundee, home of DC Thomson, after all).

Or was he just crying uncontrollably at the knowledge he was just too scared to help his teammates in their hour of need? Perhaps we will never know.

This is exactly what potter wants, us turning on each other and arguing over him.

Lets move on like adults.

This is exactly what potter wants, us turning on each other and arguing over him.

Lets move on like adults.
    So you reckon the scud mags I take it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    What's taking the admins so long to delete him?
    Brooster, can you use the 'report post' button if there's something you think we should be doing.

At the moment, I can see someone defending a position and making their case (albeit badly), I don't see anything so far to ban for.

You've never met the admins on here, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    So you reckon the scud mags I take it?

I reckon your obsessed with Levein. Just forget about this thread already.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I reckon your obsessed with Levein. Just forget about this thread already.
    He proper soiled himself when it counted though, didn't he?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    On the last point I think you mean Rugby Park. Anyway Hibs supporters don’t care which of the sub 20k capacity stadiums in Scotland is the biggest. I’m surprised you even brought it up...
    As long as we are bigger than Tynie who cares about Killie, Dons stadiums. Like Tynie they are holes.

You've never met the admins on here, have you?

Me and admin are best friends and we go out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He proper soiled himself when it counted though, didn't he?
    thankfully yea.

Although he has a good derby record against us :(

Its embarrassing really. We should be humping any potter team as he is clueless