hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Macron Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Macron strips are terrible. Adidas next please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Adidas would be incredible
    Last seasons Macron strip was one of the best efforts Hibs have worn in many a long year …. This seasons was at least an effort to be a bit creative, though the collar is rank.

As for Adidas …. I think the three stripes down the white sleeves on the Hibs shirt looks absolutely chronic, about the only time the Adidas stripes don't work … If we were to go with Adidas at any time I would like us to revert to a plain green top, that would look cracking with the stripes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I always thought the old logo was very similar to the one used by Save the Children, so I wonder if that had been a factor in the altering?

2A8D0DFB-5F57-4B68-A4DE-4BDD8216FF68.jpg 73774D2B-E183-4233-9EA5-8F9FF893519E.jpg

If we go with Adidas we will end up with the same dull template efforts we got from Nike.

Macron have at least made some interesting kits for us.

Is it just my dirty mind, or does that new logo make anybody else think of a diagram of a certain body part?

(For those above 40, Section Six in the school science book)

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Is it just my dirty mind, or does that new logo make anybody else think of a diagram of a certain body part?

(For those above 40, Section Six in the school science book)
    Kind of, what’s the dot at the top though?

My mrs left me.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    New kit arriving at hibs end of month. Not a new strip yet.
    What does that mean?

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    New kit arriving at hibs end of month. Not a new strip yet.

Don't follow that at all, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post

My mrs left me.

Given your question, I'm not surprised at your final sentence.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Having a template isnt always such a bad thing.

The cup final winning Nike kit and the promotion winning Nike kit were templates but also 2 of the best looking Hibs kits since badges and sponsors etc were regularly added to strips in the early 80s.

The macron home strips have been custom designed to Hibs, but have been just bizzare looking.

The Hibs kit in general will always be unique to us because of the green and white sleeves and would look amazing on almost any adidas template
    Could be wrong but I'm actually pretty sure both the 2015/16 kit and 16/17 kit were bespoke - at least in terms of you couldn't find the same designs in their catalogues at that time. Hence why there was never a long sleeve version of the cup winning kit - which remains a figment of my fevered imagination

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post

My mrs left me.
    The wee man in the canoe

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan's Bike View Post
    Could be wrong but I'm actually pretty sure both the 2015/16 kit and 16/17 kit were bespoke - at least in terms of you couldn't find the same designs in their catalogues at that time. Hence why there was never a long sleeve version of the cup winning kit - which remains a figment of my fevered imagination
    Think you are right that they couldn't find them in catalogues exactly because of our white sleeves which made them different from the one coloured templates. The design of the strip was otherwise a standard template though.

Either way they are classic Hibs tops which will be looked back on with growing fondness as the years progress, helped of course furthermore by the successes achieved by the the teams wearing them!

Umbro would be my choice for next kit supplier – would love to see a modern version of the 80's Umbro shirt with the white bar across the chest. Could imagine some great retro inspired training gear, anthem jackets and the like from them.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Umbro would be my choice for next kit supplier – would love to see a modern version of the 80's Umbro shirt with the white bar across the chest. Could imagine some great retro inspired training gear, anthem jackets and the like from them.
    This would be good

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    After the Nike disaster and missed opportunities after the cup win I think Macron is streets ahead of a bigger brand like Adidas which will just ignore us.

Just stick our new badge on an early 1970's Hibs strip and I'll be happy enough.

I can't see us changing any time soon.... but id like us to go for Kappa in the future.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just stick our new badge on an early 1970's Hibs strip and I'll be happy enough.

Absolutely! Why they ever had to wander away from this design is a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Last seasons Macron strip was one of the best efforts Hibs have worn in many a long year …. This seasons was at least an effort to be a bit creative, though the collar is rank.

As for Adidas …. I think the three stripes down the white sleeves on the Hibs shirt looks absolutely chronic, about the only time the Adidas stripes don't work … If we were to go with Adidas at any time I would like us to revert to a plain green top, that would look cracking with the stripes.
    I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the late 80s/early 90s Adidas kits we had. Take it you didn’t like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Why do kit manufacturers go in and out of fashion? Not so long ago nearly every UK team had Umbro kits. Puma were in vogue a couple of years back. Now Umbro seem to be making a comeback to a lesser extent.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Why do kit manufacturers go in and out of fashion? Not so long ago nearly every UK team had Umbro kits. Puma were in vogue a couple of years back. Now Umbro seem to be making a comeback to a lesser extent.
    More a case of the smaller brands step up their exposure to boost sales, so they sign up a bunch of new clubs, then, either they achieve their goals and scale back, or some other brand with the same aim supplants them.

In our case, we’ve benefited from Macron deciding they wanted to branch out from Rugby etc leading them to pick up a whole bunch of football clubs.

Not quite what you requested, but close enough.

I prefer the older replica personally.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Macron have the shop well stocked with training and leisure wear at pretty reasonable prices, but while last seasons strip was quite pleasing on the eye I just can’t fall in love with this season’s design. Happy to continue on for many years if the deal is good for Hibs (and the more radical design ideas are fewer and far between..)

@hibs.net private member

So the 2012/13 kit....? I did like them, very classic looking.

I think for me, Macron clearly put effort into their kit designs for us, probably more than any supplier we’ve had since Le Coq.

But, they could do with dialling it back a little bit, you don’t need to cover the kit in faint 1875’s to show us you’ve designed this one especially for us. Less is more!

Personally, I like us changing supplier each time, as it keeps a bit of variation. I’d like to see another smaller brand get a go, Kappa would be sweet I think!

Hibs launched the new Community Foundation Kit tonight. It’s just a template kit but still very smart. Bit of a screw up not inviting any of the girls teams to the event mind you.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs launched the new Community Foundation Kit tonight. It’s just a template kit but still very smart. Bit of a screw up not inviting any of the girls teams to the event mind you.
    Saw a video of that earlier. Lewis Stevenson was wearing it and it was quite a nice looking strip

That new community kit is really nice looking kit.

Odd no girls / women’s teams there ? I thought they were under the foundation ?

Wonder what Hibs will do to counter the Hearts Women developments recently ? A question that should be getting asked.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    That new community kit is really nice looking kit.

Odd no girls / women’s teams there ? I thought they were under the foundation ?

Wonder what Hibs will do to counter the Hearts Women developments recently ? A question that should be getting asked.
    Not a lot is the answer.