hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wish

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really are an angry man on here at times.
    pretty justified when a knob end questions my credentials . oh by the way i was/am the original Heidthebaw others latched on to my moniker thereby showing a distinct lack of originality. Hardly Hibs class eh?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Ha Ha!

I Met Johnny Love in the Cask Southside last week the first thing he said to me was “ It wisnae me that broke John Brownlies leg!”

IIRC it was Ian Printy

He went on to tell me he had been over in Spain and met Jackie MacNamara SNR and showed me images on his phone of them in a local hostelry

We also had a young Bobby Smith and Derek Spalding coming through who both were emerging talents

Mickey Edwards was a brilliant midfielder who could hit a fifty pence piece from fifty yards with his precision passing and got sent off in that bad tempered match versus East Fife at Easter Road and got a three month ban

I think East Fife had decided they were not going to get embarrassed like Hearts did a week earlier
    Met him in the Cask last week to . He showed me the Jackie photos and also mentioned George Stewart has moved over there also

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    oh oh

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IDHibs View Post
    pretty justified when a knob end questions my credentials . oh by the way i was/am the original Heidthebaw others latched on to my moniker thereby showing a distinct lack of originality. Hardly Hibs class eh?
    It was a joke, lighten up with the abuse

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Met him in the Cask last week to . He showed me the Jackie photos and also mentioned George Stewart has moved over there also
    Aye that’s correct mentioned that to me anaw

Big George an absolute gentleman bleeds green HIBS daft said he would have signed for HIBS sooner in a heartbeat pardon the pun!

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    bull****...barring injuries imposed on them by Huns, soapies and Johnny Love . Turnbull was a brilliant man... Bremner in for onion ? you had to be there
    You forgot about Johnny Hamilton and John hazel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    And so it begins.....

Eddie Turnbull decided to break up the Tornadoes after their loss to Hadjuk Split 4-5 in the ECWCQF a massive disappointment

He decided to sign his goalden boy from Aberdeen Joe Harper a player sold to Everton for £180000 he decided to buy for £120000 Aberdeen matched our offer but later withdrew it Harper hoping to scupper his move to HIBS demanded a 15k tax free signing on fee and the same wages as at Everton surprisingly Tom Hart agreed

I attended his debut at Brockville and to say it was a disappointment is a massive understatement he was fat overweight unfit and one of our heroes was sat on the bench

He was a good player without any doubt but was never accepted by the HIBS fans

Tom Hart wanted a return on his investment and decided to sell Cropley ORourke and Gordon

Yes I would say we broke the bank and the club but as Joe Harper said himself “ Do you think I would have left Everton for less money?”

It was the beginning of the end of the best HIBS team I have ever seen
    It was, I could have cried. It was in the main mediocrity from there on. With short periods of hope.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    And so it begins.....

Eddie Turnbull decided to break up the Tornadoes after their loss to Hadjuk Split 4-5 in the ECWCQF a massive disappointment

He decided to sign his goalden boy from Aberdeen Joe Harper a player sold to Everton for £180000 he decided to buy for £120000 Aberdeen matched our offer but later withdrew it Harper hoping to scupper his move to HIBS demanded a 15k tax free signing on fee and the same wages as at Everton surprisingly Tom Hart agreed

I attended his debut at Brockville and to say it was a disappointment is a massive understatement he was fat overweight unfit and one of our heroes was sat on the bench

He was a good player without any doubt but was never accepted by the HIBS fans

Tom Hart wanted a return on his investment and decided to sell Cropley ORourke and Gordon

Yes I would say we broke the bank and the club but as Joe Harper said himself “ Do you think I would have left Everton for less money?”

It was the beginning of the end of the best HIBS team I have ever seen
    Nice summary. I was lucky enough to meet Eddie Turnbull pre-season at Deveronvale (Banff) when I was a young kid. He took me to see John Blackley who in turn took me round the changing rooms (more like a shed at Deveronvale back then) and got every player to sign my 100 Years of Hibs book.

I'm guessing it was maybe summer of 1976 maybe 1977. I was chuffed to bits.

oh by the way i was/am the original Heidthebaw others latched on to my moniker thereby showing a distinct lack of originality. Hardly Hibs class eh?
    I've no idea what you are on about.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Nice summary. I was lucky enough to meet Eddie Turnbull pre-season at Deveronvale (Banff) when I was a young kid. He took me to see John Blackley who in turn took me round the changing rooms (more like a shed at Deveronvale back then) and got every player to sign my 100 Years of Hibs book.

I'm guessing it was maybe summer of 1976 maybe 1977. I was chuffed to bits.
    Is that you Des?

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Is that you Des?
    Not quite but ironically my surname is Bremner!

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Not quite but you ironically my surname is Bremner!
    Aye he was some player!

No one appreciated how good until we sold him to Villa on the cheap I think we got Joe Ward as well and big gaps started to appear in our midfield where Des Bremner would normally have been

A legend at Villa Park went onto win the European Cup

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Sure I seen it somewhere that the turnbull tornadoes only played together about 22 times so no where near 30 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Absolutely right Turnbull's Tornadoes were terrific but after beating Hearts 7 nil on New Years Day things came crashing down in early Jan. 73 John Brownlie broke his leg, Alex Edwards got a suspension of seven or eight weeks. The side were never as potent for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbiemacfie View Post
    Absolutely right Turnbull's Tornadoes were terrific but after beating Hearts 7 nil on New Years Day things came crashing down in early Jan. 73 John Brownlie broke his leg, Alex Edwards got a suspension of seven or eight weeks. The side were never as potent for the rest of the season.
    Agree but as others have said more than capable deputies came in for Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton Black and Blackley Edwards ORourke Gordon Cropley and Duncan we had Des Bremner, Iain Munro Bobby Smith Jim McArthur, Derek Spalding,Johnny Hamilton, John Hazel,Bertie Auld and Tony Higgins so we always had the nucleus of the Tornadoes usually always about 9 or 10 playing the system

Notice I forgot to mention Joe Harper

Coaching Staff
    Agree but as others have said more than capable deputies came in for Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton Black and Blackley Edwards ORourke Gordon Cropley and Duncan we had Des Bremner, Iain Munro Bobby Smith Jim McArthur, Derek Spalding,Johnny Hamilton, John Hazel,Bertie Auld and Tony Higgins so we always had the nucleus of the Tornadoes usually always about 9 or 10 playing the system

Notice I forgot to mention Joe Harper
    He did score a cracking goal against Liverpool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    He did score a cracking goal against Liverpool though.
    Agree he was some player

Remember that night well got soaked in the old North Enclosure

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

indeed