hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kamara

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re that last sentence, to be fair he was quickly offered his money back but told em to just donate it regardless.

All good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edit, should add, I know at least one Hearts supporters club that also contributed the full amount so in the end they did quite well.
    I saw a Hearts fan on Facebook on the Evening News comments almost bragging about the fact that the charity ended up eventually not being any worse off as if stealing from them initially was a favour from Hearts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    For someone who professes to love the Hibs so much you are remarkably ill informed about the clubs structure and governance, both financial and managerial. You are of course entitled to your opinion but you never appear to let facts get in the way. When one compares Hibs record under Tom farmer’s leadership the facts speaks for themselves - 3 major honours and 2 minor honours, when we compare that to Hearts record under countless chairs 2 major honours, 1 minor honour. Though to Farmer’s credit he did pay the money Hearts stole from the countless charities.
    I'll be the first to admit I don't know every detail about our infrastructure and I'll always admit when I'm wrong but I'll no be the only one who doesn't. Hardly anyone on here even knows how we recruit players never mind how our infrastructure is being run. 3 major honours in 30 years might be acceptable in your eyes but it certainly Isn't in mine. A club our size should be challenging for everything every season the Turnbull way. The level of mediocrity some of our fans have accepted is staggering like we use to always be up there challenging for titles back in the day like. We need the old winning mentality to return asap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Touche BR !!

HNY !!!
    Cheers Mick! I hear the man's home! Good news.

Allan is better. I expect him to be holding up a Hibs scarf this month.

First Team Breakthrough
    Connolys the only way we can improve the financial position is to encourage more people to become invoLved with HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsyy View Post
    Allan is better. I expect him to be holding up a Hibs scarf this month.
    Hope so, but can't see it. Celtic are still pissed off with us over sjm.

Plus wages is a big factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Connollys11 View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I don't know every detail about our infrastructure and I'll always admit when I'm wrong but I'll no be the only one who doesn't. Hardly anyone on here even knows how we recruit players never mind how our infrastructure is being run. 3 major honours in 30 years might be acceptable in your eyes but it certainly Isn't in mine. A club our size should be challenging for everything every season the Turnbull way. The level of mediocrity some of our fans have accepted is staggering like we use to always be up there challenging for titles back in the day like. We need the old winning mentality to return asap.
    The turnbull way only lasted 30 months at its peak and produced 1 major and 2 minor honours. I am old enough to remember it. The fans ambitions are high as always, the resources of all the clubs outwith the old firm are limited within the limitations the achievements they have all made are laudable. I don’t believe that you are a hibby and the real amusement is that you are still on here pretending to be. Maybe you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I saw a Hearts fan on Facebook on the Evening News comments almost bragging about the fact that the charity ended up eventually not being any worse off as if stealing from them initially was a favour from Hearts.
    Aye, you can't make it up how low they can go, I've mentioned before, my brother is one of THEM with his company paying cash their direction and he's mortified about some of the stuff coming from that club.... Despite recent results my new year was relatively pleasant (he has some really, really decent whisky!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The turnbull way only lasted 30 months at its peak and produced 1 major and 2 minor honours. I am old enough to remember it. The fans ambitions are high as always, the resources of all the clubs outwith the old firm are limited within the limitations the achievements they have all made are laudable. I don’t believe that you are a hibby and the real amusement is that you are still on here pretending to be. Maybe you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
    How would a jambo ever come up with my username? Connollys11 as in James Connolly? Half those mutants don't even know who that great man is Christ half our support don't even know who he is. You can be as cheeky as you like mate you'll no put me off posting I've been nothing but sound to everyone on here so far even though ave received nothing but pish. Eddie Turnbull was manager for 7 years by the way no 30 months.

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Hope so, but can't see it. Celtic are still pissed off with us over sjm.

Plus wages is a big factor.
    Celtic only have themselves to blame. If they hadn't mucked us about in the first place.

Wouldn't a professional footballer want to be playing football?

Sign a PCA and the pendulum swings heavily in our favour.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Yes Connollys but 30 months was the successful period

Quote Originally Posted by Salisbury Hibby View Post
    Celtic only have themselves to blame. If they hadn't mucked us about in the first place.

Wouldn't a professional footballer want to be playing football?

Sign a PCA and the pendulum swings heavily in our favour.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Totally agree!

Nice to see them being told to get lost.

Might come back to haunt them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Yes Connollys but 30 months was the successful period
    Connolly will do mate seems a bit daft being called connollys 😂😂! Aye that's true a suppose when a said the Turnbull way a also meant when he played for us as well ae! We were always challenging for the league for back then.

How would a jambo ever come up with my username? Connollys11 as in James Connolly? Half those mutants don't even know who that great man is Christ half our support don't even know who he is. You can be as cheeky as you like mate you'll no put me off posting I've been nothing but sound to everyone on here so far even though ave received nothing but pish. Eddie Turnbull was manager for 7 years by the way no 30 months.
    Sure that Sean Connolly was a Jambo milkman before he became James Bond? 😉

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Were we ever in for him?
    Don't know were we ?

Without patronising you even further, the tornado era lasted effectively 30 months. If we sign Gauld and Allan will you be happy and post something positive?

Testimonial Due
    Without patronising you even further, the tornado era lasted effectively 30 months. If we sign Gauld and Allan will you be happy and post something positive?

I have posted positive stuff and will continue to when it's merited mate. Hopefully we get they 2 ae wouldn't mind signing that shankland either like

So wrong... Turnbull was a customer of mine ... he enjoyed a fine malt, He built team that challenged all comers, Liverpool anf Leeds each twice and in their pomp. you know nothing, Napoli, Sporting Lisbon , they would rip us for asspaper now. Meantime the legend Eddie
    Turnbull in your mind was 30 months worth ???? Dream on, you had to be there.

Back to kamara but looks like the rangers want to sign him

They're sitting on their hun forum laughing about this thread.

Not as much as we were all laughing when you cheating Neanderthals were liquidated and the top tier of Scottish football was rid of your sectarian hatred and bile.

Can't wait until you go bankrupt again chasing a league title you'll never win.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I would rather have a fully fit Marvin Bartley In my team in a blood and guts 100 mph no quarter given or asked for fixture versus Der Hun at Easter Road than a luxury player like Kamara that can’t even hold down a starting place for the bottom club

Only a matter of time before the Hun go bust and become The The Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by IDHibs View Post
    So wrong... Turnbull was a customer of mine ... he enjoyed a fine malt, He built team that challenged all comers, Liverpool anf Leeds each twice and in their pomp. you know nothing, Napoli, Sporting Lisbon , they would rip us for asspaper now. Meantime the legend Eddie
    Napoli, Leeds x1, Liverpool x1 were under Bob Shankley and the latter, Willie Mac/Dave Ewing.

Ned arrived in July 1971 and his first European campaign was the 72/3 Cup Winners Cup. Ned was responsible for Hibs playing the best football that I've ever witnessed from Hibs, but it was all too short.

Selling Alex Cropley after we were humiliated by Celtic twice and Juve was the beginning of the end that eventually saw us relegated.

After the established initial crackers like Heriot, Edwards, and Gordon, he brought in young players like Des Bremner and Jim McArthur and then Iain Munro. The remaining six years of the seventies there were few sucessful signings with only Ally MacLead, Jackie MacNamara & Ralph Callahan coming to mind and others like Roy Barry & George Stewart at the twilight of their careers.
    Last edited by Ray_; 05-01-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsyy View Post
    They're sitting on their hun forum laughing about this thread.

Not as much as we were all laughing when you cheating Neanderthals were liquidated and the top tier of Scottish football was rid of your sectarian hatred and bile.

Can't wait until you go bankrupt again chasing a league title you'll never win.
    And P.S when the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup you were there

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I would rather have a fully fit Marvin Bartley In my team in a blood and guts 100 mph no quarter given or asked for fixture versus Der Hun at Easter Road than a luxury player like Kamara that can’t even hold down a starting place for the bottom club

Only a matter of time before the Hun go bust and become The The Rangers
    Bartley can't hold down a place for us and really never has. Kamara has years ahead of him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IDHibs View Post
    Hibs never played Napoli under Eddie. They also didn't play Liverpool and Leeds twice under his watch unless you are counting both legs rather than earlier European ties in 60s. As Ray outlines above.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 05-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Bartley can't hold down a place for us and really never has. Kamara has years ahead of him.
    Shhhhhhh!

The Huns are watching don’t give away all our secrets