hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Boyle did OK.

Kamberi on the other hand......

Efe's gone from being the one I'd drop in August to being head and shoulders over all the other players.
    Efe has been superb in the last few games. He has been a got bit more than head and shoulders above some of them imo and has kept his confidence and composure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Sounds like Lennon and Parker, while maybe not losing the dressing room completely, have major problems with some of the players. Tough times ahead and, unfortunately, at present, I don’t think the players have the balls or the will to get us out of the rut.
    The other issue is that if they drop those three or four underperforming players, who takes their place? Maybe they know their place isn’t under threat...?

Once I can forgive as Lennon can be quite hot headed and maybe feels its best he doesn't speak incase he lands himself in bother. But there's a trend developing now when things don't quite go our way like it is now that he goes missing. Some folk might not want to criticise him for it but I think it's poor from Neil.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    So he's shirked another interview then?

Coward.
    Go and just close your .net account pal. Cheers

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Coward.

neil lennon, a coward ?
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 06-12-2018 at 03:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The manager should be doing media duties at a tough time. Talking to the press and in turn to the fans is part of 'football duties'. On a run like this the support need someone or something to rally behind and the manager putting up a wall of silence is anything but helpful. If nothing else it gives a foundation for idle speculation to build.
    Absolutely spot on he needs to be indicating to the support what he is going to do about it and then focus on the next game. Feel a wee bit that Parker has been hung out to dry.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    neil lennon, a coward ?
    Coward is definitely not the right word to use and I wish the poster hadn’t used that word as it’s detracting from the point.

Neil Lennon though isn’t showing the characteristics and attributes of a leader. The players need leadership when going through a bad spell, instead they’ve got a manager going into hiding and the assistant chucking them under a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Parker was right to single out wingers and Kamberi. When we went 2-2, did anyone else notice how narrow we became when attacking? Horgan drifted inwards and Boyle kept doing the same. Boyle and Kamberi should be dropped for Lewis Allan and Murray. Horgan shouldn’t even be on the bench on current form, he doesn’t look a great player.

They had 11 men behind the ball for most of that game and our wingers kept drifting inwards, that is just stupid and I doubt they were told to do that.
    That is Lennon’s tactics and constant need to change during a game. When he subbed Kamberi he moved it to a diamond with Horgan brought off the wing. We basically got lucky that Boyle was over on the wing for the first goal.

Then when McLaren came on he had Boyle playing as a 10 behind 2 forwards.

I think the diamond actually worked better to get Slivka and Mallan in the game but our biggest threat consistently is Boyle being on that right wing. Lennon needs to keep him out there and find a way to feed him high up the park.

Coward.
    I usually agree with most of your posts but "coward" is just bang out of order

It's not 'patter', it is my sincere opinion. And it has nothing do with the man personally, I've met him and he seems a decent person. Hiding away behind your assistant game after game in a winless run of seven? That's footballing cowardice. Simple.
    And I take it if you met him again you'd call him a coward to his face ?

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Certain players look like they're not turning up, dare I say it looks like Lennon may have lost the dressing room a bit, we were talking about this at half time, something definitely not right behind the scenes.

Can anyone explain how Horgan got MOM, surely Porteous was a standout for that?
    Perhaps the calling players rejects from other clubs has not quite gone down well with the players.
    I know it was probably intended as a kick up the arse I'll show you type comment but not great.
    No hanlon no mcgregor no gray no midfield when you think about it is it any wonder were struggling.
    Whatever is going on needs sorted and fast it cannot be allowed to continue one game longer.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Think it is ott calling Lennon a coward.Is there any strong evidence to back this up.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Lewis and Ryan hardly had decent games, both made mistakes and showed a lack of confidence, slack passes and poor positioning.
    I thought Lewis played OK last night, except that backpass in the dying minutes.

The amount of times Lewis is in acres of space and somebody will play the ball behind him is so incredibly frustrating.

Coward.

Terrible comment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Think it is ott calling Lennon a coward.Is there any strong evidence to back this up.
    The irony being calling someone a coward anonymously online is pretty cowardly.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Coward is definitely not the right word to use and I wish the poster hadn’t used that word as it’s detracting from the point.

Neil Lennon though isn’t showing the characteristics and attributes of a leader. The players need leadership when going through a bad spell, instead they’ve got a manager going into hiding and the assistant chucking them under a bus.
    That sums it up pretty well.

As well as having a negative effect on his players it’s having a negative effect on our support. A support that have been almost entirely behind him in his two and a half years .

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

This I agree with.

Dealing with the media and representing the team is a core part of being a manager. At the moment Lenny isn’t fulfilling his duties as he should.

I am not throwing around any blame or indulging in wild speculation, but something is clearly wrong at the present time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This I agree with.

Dealing with the media and representing the team is a core part of being a manager. At the moment Lenny isn’t fulfilling his duties as he should.

I am not throwing around any blame or indulging in wild speculation, but something is clearly wrong at the present time.
    I wonder if these quotes from Parker are alluding to Lennon's health:

“It’s just how Neil is at the moment - he’s dealing with what he needs to deal with.
    “When he is ready to speak, he’ll speak.”

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    The irony being calling someone a coward anonymously online is pretty cowardly.
    Spot on!