hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mallan

@hibs.net private member
    He can take a dead ball - he’s a luxury player if ever there was one.

Not a great passer, not good in the tackle, awareness isn’t great. Isn’t quick at all.

Got to get back to a system when he’s a luxury we can afford cause he’s getting found out to be a pretty poor midfielder at the moment

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're utterly obsessed with me eh? PM me your address, I'll send you an autograph.
    And i will keep pointing out your lies.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post

I understand some of the criticism against him. In particular he lacks pace, we knew that before he came the Barnsley fans made that clear.

But Its CRAZY to not have him in the team given how many goals he is involved in for us. Who replaces him?!
    That's the problem 🤷*♂️

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    I think he has contributed along with Horgan to allot of goals we have conceded in the league by not tracking back, tackling and getting. Caught in possession.
    You think that? How many?Are you just guessing? Is it just a feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    He can take a dead ball - he’s a luxury player if ever there was one.

Not a great passer, not good in the tackle, awareness isn’t great. Isn’t quick at all.

Got to get back to a system when he’s a luxury we can afford cause he’s getting found out to be a pretty poor midfielder at the moment

He gets us goals, how is that a luxury player?

The problem is we don't have a midfield that allows him to develop, and cover for what he lacks. But we'd be worse if we dropped him, because we'd score fewer goals.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    And i will keep pointing out your lies.
    You're nothing if not consistent with your following me around the forum, I'll give you that. If this was in person rather than online I'd have to get a restraining order on you.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You're nothing if not consistent with your following me around the forum, I'll give you that. If this was in person rather than online I'd have to get a restraining order on you.
    Someone need to keep pointing out your pish and lies.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post

The problem is we don't have a midfield that allows him to develop, and cover for what he lacks. But we'd be worse if we dropped him, because we'd score fewer goals.
    We need to get back to being able to justify him having a spot so he can create goals. I did say that.

His goals have dried up - he isn’t getting into space to shoot anymore.

He is a luxury player - he isn’t a John mcginn or a type that gets about the park - heart on sleeve etc.

Apart from dead balls and his long range shot - he’s not exactly good at anything is he? Hence luxury and as I stated we need to get back to being set up so we can justify having him in the team and not have him being a liability for the midfield

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    You are wasting your time, he see's things in posts that are just not there?
    5 No Trumps

Someone need to keep pointing out your pish and lies.
    Utterly obsessed.

Definitely think he needs dropped/rested for a few games, gone a bit stale of late.

He isn’t the problem. He burst a gut especially in the second half. All the players are real in the tackle and give the ball away too easily.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Like someone’s said now that his goals have dried up his all round play isn’t very good. He goes missing in games, hides when we have the ball. Countless times when we were attacking you were looking for him to be involved, edge of the box but he wasn’t there.

Him boyle & kamberi were incredibly poor tonight

During the summer when we were looking to sign him I looked on a Barnsley supporters forum and they were discussing the usual who should stay and who should go.
    One guy spoke about Mallan and his lack of mobility and how you would need someone on the pitch with him to carry him about.

His wonderful goals from free kicks and shooting from just outside the box at the start of the season have dried up now as other teams have caught on and stopped conceding free kicks just outside the box as well as closing him down to stop him shooting in open play.

If we want to make use of his free kick abilities we need Boyle, Horgan etc to attack the centre of the oppositions defence to force them to give away free kicks in positions Mallan can utilise. At the moment we continually play the ball to the flanks and then try to cross the ball into the box.

If we don't play tactically to utilise his strengths there is sadly little point in having him in the team.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 05-12-2018 at 10:09 PM.

A hide and seek champion without the seek. Probably a fine player to have when things are going well; when the sleeves need to be rolled up he's like a man short.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

One of the least mobile midfielders I've ever seen. He genuinely struggles to get from one end of the park to the otjerm

@hibs.net private member
    He is far, far too lightweight. He needs to get on the same training regime as SJM. His booking today came from him trying and failing to win the ball back and then getting frustrated kicking the guy.

I agree with other posters when they say he's not very mobile. A definite asset but I think he needs a different kind of player next to him to drive us forward.

I actually thought Slivka was out best player tonight and changed the game when he came on. I know this has been done to death but I'd like to see him getting a shot in the centre of a midfield 2.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    One of the least mobile midfielders I've ever seen. He genuinely struggles to get from one end of the park to the otjerm
    To be fair, I’m not sure anyone has ever made it to the otjerm!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Feel sorry for him.
    Look at who he’s supposed to replace.

Thankless task!

Lads got talent no doubt but not the sort to flourish this Hibs team, I’d say system but there isn’t much of that either to any great tactical degree. To me he also looks a bit unfit.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We replaced McGinn, McGeouch and Allan with two poor man's Allans (one of whom can score goals) and Bartley but slightly better at passing.

That's our main problem.

Left by mutual consent!
    I cannae believe it

Finally, folk see what I see

We don’t have any midfielders who can cope playing in a central 2, certainly not Mallan.

He needs a rest or better training for fitness. getting cramp like that in that game is poor. Lack of fitness, I'll be well hacked off if he plays Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    We don’t have any midfielders who can cope playing in a central 2, certainly not Mallan.
    Agree. Because of the type of midfielders we’ve loaded our team with we have to play a 3 or it won’t really work. Too many guys who play in behind the striker(s) or sitting in front of the back 4 with only Slivka being able to do a bit of both.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Spot on. Any combination in a two gets run ragged. We went to having one of the best to this. Brought in plenty cash for mcginn. Need minimum two good midfield players in January.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Cannot fault his effort last night he tried I think in the last ten minutes he either got cramp or pulled his hammy but sadly still not good enough imho

Perhaps taking him out of the squad in the current climate for a few weeks will give him a break and time to recharge his batteries revive his appetite and who knows he might return a fresh player and get back to the thirty yard rakers.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Don't let facts get in the way of pure hatred, it's no the hibs.net way.

Mallan battled well all game, set up a goal and tried to keep us moving, he was fine tonight.
    Totally agree

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Slivka has got to come in to give Mallan a chance to get further forward. Let the holding mid and slivka do the dirty work and open things up for Mallan to do what he does well. McGinn and Mcgeouch did this for Allan last season and it worked.

He's like a man short for 75% of a match at the moment, great when things are going well and with quick passes at the edge of the box but anonymous when sleaves need rolled up.