hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    To be fair to Parker, it could be difficult to work out who he had in mind when he said that - pretty much the entire team apart from Lewis, Ryan, Efe were poor.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    In 40 games for Preston Horgan contributed 3 goals and 5 assist at Preston. He has not been good enough for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In 40 games for Preston Horgan contributed 3 goals and 5 assist at Preston. He has not been good enough for Hibs
    He’s got a couple of goals and probably five or six assists for us so far.

He’s been too in and out the team. He’s not been brilliant but I don’t think he’s deserving of the stick he’s had.

Got to be Kamberi that he’s talking about. Been dire for weeks.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He’s got a couple of goals and probably five or six assists for us so far.

He’s been too in and out the team. He’s not been brilliant but I don’t think he’s deserving of the stick he’s had.
    One of the better players tonight.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    To be fair to Parker, it could be difficult to work out who he had in mind when he said that - pretty much the entire team apart from Lewis, Ryan, Efe were poor.
    Lewis and Ryan hardly had decent games, both made mistakes and showed a lack of confidence, slack passes and poor positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Awful patter.
    It's not 'patter', it is my sincere opinion. And it has nothing do with the man personally, I've met him and he seems a decent person. Hiding away behind your assistant game after game in a winless run of seven? That's footballing cowardice. Simple.

There’s further quotes from Parker on Edinburgh Live / Ross Pilcher’s Twitter. Singles out Kamberi.

Personally don’t think it’s helpful, especially when we have the assistant manager, typically the “good cop” who is closer to the players slating them. Also that’s about 3 games from 4 now where Parker has basically said the players are to blame, they’re not turning up, not following instructions. There comes a time when that is the fault of the management team.

Sometimes better to say we were unlucky and move on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    One of the better players tonight.
    Maybe bit a bit harsh but seems to run aimlessly or crosses in to the box when no one is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    You are an absolute disgrace.
    How many leagues would Hibs have to fall down before you saw that Lennon could do wrong? 4? 6? 9?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    And Boyle I would think, also add in Kamberi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    There’s further quotes from Parker on Edinburgh Live / Ross Pilcher’s Twitter. Singles out Kamberi.

Personally don’t think it’s helpful, especially when we have the assistant manager, typically the “good cop” who is closer to the players slating them. Also that’s about 3 games from 4 now where Parker has basically said the players are to blame, they’re not turning up, not following instructions. There comes a time when that is the fault of the management team.

Have to agree, it's not helpful publicly slating the players.
    Also a wee bit worried that he/them have went down this road.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    It's not 'patter', it is my sincere opinion. And it has nothing do with the man personally, I've met him and he seems a decent person. Hiding away behind your assistant game after game in a winless run of seven? That's footballing cowardice. Simple.
    Calling someone a coward when you know jack **** about what's going on behind the scenes is irresponsible at best. The only cowardice I saw tonight was on the pitch from some players. Maybe you should clarify your "coward" statement by adding some context after it? If you really mean what you say that is and you aren't just covering yourself.

Certain players look like they're not turning up, dare I say it looks like Lennon may have lost the dressing room a bit, we were talking about this at half time, something definitely not right behind the scenes.

Can anyone explain how Horgan got MOM, surely Porteous was a standout for that?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    And Boyle I would think, also add in Kamberi.
    Boyle had a decent run today, had an Amadou konte -esque moment where he ducked for a free header six yards out and that was about i it.

He has been woeful for weeks along with a fair few others so he will definitely be one being talked about by the management team. When he’s not on it Hibs aren’t as one of our main threats is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Although the players had a big part, he did blame themselves for the shambles at the weekend by saying the went big and strong and lost an early goal, meaning they had to change set up and that started to work a little.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Certain players look like they're not turning up, dare I say it looks like Lennon may have lost the dressing room a bit, we were talking about this at half time, something definitely not right behind the scenes.

Can anyone explain how Horgan got MOM, surely Porteous was a standout for that?
    Porteous wasn’t great either - very jeckyl and Hyde performance and some of his passing was atrocious and could have led to many problems.

Whole team was rubbish - Horgan flatters to deceive and isn’t a winger so don’t see how he fits in to the team.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    How many leagues would Hibs have to fall down before you saw that Lennon could do wrong? 4? 6? 9?
    Actually on reflection you are both a disgrace and a coward.

Actually on reflection you are both a disgrace and a coward.
    12? 15? 17?

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...841666048?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Boyle did OK.

Kamberi on the other hand......

Efe's gone from being the one I'd drop in August to being head and shoulders over all the other players.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like Lennon and Parker, while maybe not losing the dressing room completely, have major problems with some of the players. Tough times ahead and, unfortunately, at present, I don’t think the players have the balls or the will to get us out of the rut.

Gamer IDs

12? 15? 17?
    And a deluded last word freak. On you go...

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    If Lennon can't handle the pressure of his media duties for one reason or another then it's a little worrisome. However I'm happy to allow him to get on with the 'football side of things' if it somewhat has a positive effect on performances.

As for Gary Parker's interview you can tell he's frustrated, but it's ultimately up to the management team to turn that around. If players aren't performing then drop them. Kamberi and Boyle haven't been at the races for weeks. Where's Lewis Allan? Surely worth some more game time. Fraser Murray and Sean Mackie? Gets these lads involved.
    Last edited by CMac1988; 05-12-2018 at 10:23 PM.

And a deluded last word freak. On you go...
    No need to get nasty, is there? :)

I'm sure "Lenny" will come good, the only thing he's got going against him is that he's never turned it around once from a position like this in football management. Sure we'll be fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Sounds like Lennon and Parker, while maybe not losing the dressing room completely, have major problems with some of the players. Tough times ahead and, unfortunately, at present, I don’t think the players have the balls or the will to get us out of the rut.
    Maybe Lennons coaching style is catching up with him here? He's very much a manager and not a pal to the players in the way Stubbs was but is there a fine line he isn't getting? I can't imagine relatively young guys like Kamberi and Mallan would respond well to the hairdryer style of management?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Maybe Lennons coaching style is catching up with him here? He's very much a manager and not a pal to the players in the way Stubbs was but is there a fine line he isn't getting? I can't imagine relatively young guys like Kamberi and Mallan would respond well to the hairdryer style of management?
    Could be, but there are a LOT of players phoning in performances way below their capacity. Or playing inconsistently. To me a lot of them look low on energy, which could just be lack of confidence sapping them. But they seem slower than the opposition, less focused. We're not pressing enough when we don't have possession and we're always wanting too many touches instead of playing it forward crisply on the ground. We've also got forwards standing watching midfielders with the ball instead of offering themselves into space or making runs.

It's weird and bewildering.

Could be, but there are a LOT of players phoning in performances way below their capacity. Or playing inconsistently. To me a lot of them look low on energy, which could just be lack of confidence sapping them. But they seem slower than the opposition, less focused. We're not pressing enough when we don't have possession and we're always wanting too many touches instead of playing it forward crisply on the ground. We've also got forwards standing watching midfielders with the ball instead of offering themselves into space or making runs.

It's weird and bewildering.
    Yepp, agree totally. Since the derby something has not been right.

We had one passage of play where we zipped the ball among the feet between all the forward players looked really sharp, then the rest was just so lacking in any energy or drive.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Parker was right to single out wingers and Kamberi. When we went 2-2, did anyone else notice how narrow we became when attacking? Horgan drifted inwards and Boyle kept doing the same. Boyle and Kamberi should be dropped for Lewis Allan and Murray. Horgan shouldn’t even be on the bench on current form, he doesn’t look a great player.

They had 11 men behind the ball for most of that game and our wingers kept drifting inwards, that is just stupid and I doubt they were told to do that.

The manager should be doing media duties at a tough time. Talking to the press and in turn to the fans is part of 'football duties'. On a run like this the support need someone or something to rally behind and the manager putting up a wall of silence is anything but helpful. If nothing else it gives a foundation for idle speculation to build.