hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't argue with that.
    Really?

"... flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent..."

The flag ban is ridiculous and unenforceable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    I wonder how much of this will get implemented. I'm not convinced we'll be seeing the entire Roseburn forced to sit in their seats, or much in the way of Stewards doing spot-checks on tickets versus seat numbers, and a Hearts fan getting an indefinite ban for sectarian singing at Tynecastle is likely some ways off too...
    I know what your trying to say, but, if people don't behave in a normal manner in football stadia, other measures will need to be taken to stop the enjoyment of normal supporters who go to support their team, not stand and taunt the other teams supporters!

If you go to football regularly, you get a great view from your designated seat, its only when something happens, someone stands up and the domino effect starts and soon everyone is on their feet to see the game???

To many supporters think its nothing to do with their team, its always another team that causes bother, the sooner they supporters see that it is effecting their own fans, the better everything will be for everyone!!!!

The singing is up to the good fans to tell them to cut it out or they will be reported, the problem then is bother in the stands as youngsters don't like being told off!!!

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    Maybe no threat but Pyro was never far away when they were in Section 43...
    The pyros were from wee idiots who encroached into that area for a couple of big matches. They were telt to bolt, but after the damage was done.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    I wonder how much of this will get implemented. I'm not convinced we'll be seeing the entire Roseburn forced to sit in their seats, or much in the way of Stewards doing spot-checks on tickets versus seat numbers, and a Hearts fan getting an indefinite ban for sectarian singing at Tynecastle is likely some ways off too...
    Seat numbers don't even match seat numbers at that particular ground, so little chance of getting tickets to match up.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Really?

"... flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent..."

So. Red hand unrecognisable in intent or simply support for any Ulstermen in the team whether they are there or not?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Really?

How is it unenforceable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I know what your trying to say, but, if people don't behave in a normal manner in football stadia, other measures will need to be taken to stop the enjoyment of normal supporters who go to support their team, not stand and taunt the other teams supporters!

If you go to football regularly, you get a great view from your designated seat, its only when something happens, someone stands up and the domino effect starts and soon everyone is on their feet to see the game???
    That's not the case with Pittodrie, Ibrox or Tynecastle, where the entire away end is standing for the whole game as a matter of course. With Pittodrie, it's probably the poor view from the away end that's the issue - with the others, it's the nature of the event that's likely the driving factor. Point is, though, there's no way that Ann Budge is going to effectively persuade 4000 Hibs fans to sit down, despite what she's written in her statement.

The singing is up to the good fans to tell them to cut it out or they will be reported, the problem then is bother in the stands as youngsters don't like being told off!!!
    The Billy Boys variant being sung at Tynecastle isn't just a tiny fraction of bad, young, fans, it's being sung en masse - there's simply no way that it's going to be enforceable what with the numbers of people involved, the difficulty of actually proving the offence beyond a reasonable doubt (singling out one particular singer out of 16,000 and ensuring that they sung an offensive variant of, say, The Gorgie Billy Boys, rather than merely shouting something unrelated or singing a non-offensive variant, is not an easy task) and there's the risk of a fan revolt if you hit a significant quantity of them with a severe banning for what is common practice at the ground (and with a high risk of banning an innocent person). I don't see this particular part of the statement being acted upon, except possibly when they have 20 Accies fans up and one of them acts out.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    We asked to move to that section - the one least populated. And from my recollection, LD wasn’t involved at all, it was others at the club.
    Fair dues.
    You guys do a good job.
    I trust you are careful you are not infiltrated by idiots.

So. Red hand unrecognisable in intent or simply support for any Ulstermen in the team whether they are there or not?

Trouble is, the red hand is, in itself, not a sectarian symbol (it's in both the Ulster Flag and Ulster Banner, which are used by opposite sides of the divide), and I don't foresee RoI, Union Flags or Ulster banners falling under such a ban anyways. It would be far more trouble than it's worth to even try).

I suspect old Anne Budge means to clamp down on any paramilitary-styled flags that might happen to show up, though I don't recall seeing any last Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Don't think our singing section (S43 as it was then) was ever a threat to away fans either through throwing stuff or from inciting violence! Pretty difficult from the back parts of S43.

Signed a S43er
    I am massively impressed that you stand all game at 63
    Out of interest do you guys ever get folk in sections 42 or 44 complaining that section 43 folks standing stops them from seeing the match?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Keekaboo I did read the whole thread before posting and you are correct Hearts should be commended for the action they have taken and I would like to see this reciprocated at Easter Road my post was based on the SSN interview I saw yesterday at 1300 hrs in which Potter said the players were only trying to HELP the referee and there was no confrontation??
    To me that was laughable as the Hearts players were obviously trying to get Flo sent off
    I just thought I would add it on to your thread as wee comical aside to them acting in a POSITIVE manner on the day
    Apologies for hijacking your thread mate.
    Fair dos, Billy. The guy does talk some crap

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Just swap it for the jobby brown hand of gorgie?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Remember standing in the East when the best supporters in the world lobbed CS gas into our section.

It caused a crowd surge as the only way to escape for most was to scale an eight foot high fence and seek the relative safety of the pitch. Idiots!
    That's was an awful day, that hurt badly and I was sick all night. Polis didn't really help much either when they charged us on horseback. Did Celtc ever get punished for that? (Apart from on London Rd after the match)

Just read the article on BBC website.

Well done to hearts for taking a hard line. I really hope they follow it through. Will be interesting to see the impact.

They should be applauded. Sometime it’s important to admit you have a problem before you can do something about it.

If this gets the sectarian and racist element out of Tynecastle then good luck to them.

No flags, no standing, less songs (the song book was small as it is) will at the very least bring a more family day type atmosphere.

A good statement from Budge, but I'll reserve my praise until I see what action is actually taken.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    How is it unenforceable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can imagine the outcry if people were prevented from carrying the Union flag (clearly a political flag), or displaying clothes with it on. It's not going to happen, and neither should it.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I am massively impressed that you stand all game at 63
    Out of interest do you guys ever get folk in sections 42 or 44 complaining that section 43 folks standing stops them from seeing the match?

63 ain't old nowadays, still play 5 a sides and walking footie so pretty fit. Do sit at half time tho!

Never had or heard any complaints from 42 or 44. Suppose you would have to ask them if their view is interrupted but quits a few in these sections stand for the bigger games.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Sportsound asked Levein about two things today, he spoke about 5 times as long about remembrance weekend as he did about dealing with the behaviour at tynecastle.

Its telling whats more important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Sportsound asked Levein about two things today, he spoke about 5 times as long about remembrance weekend as he did about dealing with the behaviour at tynecastle.

Its telling whats more important to them.

Image is all.

Wonder if they'll be quick enough to take action here or if they will let a well known trouble making racist moron into one of their games?
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Wonder if they'll be quick enough to take action here or if they will let a well known trouble making racist moron into one of their games?
    What a cringe that is

What's that, the 'NF Loyal Lest We Forget WWATP' branch?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    AFAIK, this is nothing to do with him actually going to Tynecastle - these muppets had a "charity fundraiser" during which some of them put on Tommy Robinson masks.

I dont doubt that the majority of decent hearts fans would be as disgusted as we would if this idiot was anywhere near a Scottish game.

Having said all that, it is clear from both the numbers there, and the support they have online that Hearts have a real problem with these types.

Raising money for charity doesnt gloss over an organisation with a name like "Loyal Gorgie" that thinks waving Tommy Robinson masks is a good laugh.

As an aside - has the idiot that threw the coin at Lennon been turned in yet?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It's unavoidable, as any walk in the countryside will reveal, the biggest cowpats always attract the most wee flies.

As this event doesn't appear to be at tynecastle hearts will probably be able to say it's nothing to do with them. It will be interesting to see how this twat is received if he ever did turn up at tynecastle.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 15-11-2018 at 08:03 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

We are hibs wrote...

Ssssshhhhh don't dare criticise Hearts or their fans, you'll update a few on the Yams accounts thread. They stepped up and saved their club don't you know, so every single one of them deserve enormous credit I'm hearing...

In all seriousness Tommy Robinson has been to see Airdrie play, spent a Friday night with a bunch of zombies casuals in Glasgow and now wants to go to Tynie. Some things never change...

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Has this propelled Tommy Robinson to the top of the Hearts celebrity fans league table? Not a lot of competition to be fair.

Still not heard that the coin thrower at Lennon has been caught

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Most Hearts fans will be embarrassed by that but at the same time most Hearts fans are happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with bigots every other week and will occasionally chip in themselves when they play the 'Fenian' teams- so it's no surprise that this poison is bubbling under the surface over there.

Well done Hearts. Racist, bigoted Gorgie Billy boys

I can remember going to Tynecastle about 35 years ago for a derby match and the Hibs Fans were chanting "you're only Edinburgh Rangers" at their Hearts counterparts.

Maybe it's time to revive that chant.