hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought this thread was about Lennon resigning?
    Good point. I was simply responding to comments on these two players - which I guess was a thread hijack.
    I will now remove said post as it too is a highjack! lol

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That right. He moved into his proper position 2nd half. Was like a new player.

I simply forgot. probably because I attend just about every game.

Anyone saying Slivka hasn't had a good game this season hasn't been watching Hibs.
    I would agree but we do need to see it more, performances like the Derby are frustrating when he's clearly capable of much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    No ‘folk’ need to remember how big a club we are in the context of the league and country we’re in and that last season wasn’t the pinnacle of achievement but simply a restoration to at least where we should be all the time.
    Dating back to 1969/70, our average league position is seventh and our average in both cups is the last sixteen which makes last season better than average.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I would agree but we do need to see it more, performances like the Derby are frustrating when he's clearly capable of much more.
    Why is he singled out in games where no one played well? 22 players played in the derby, none of them done anything really.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Firstly, hopefully it's bull**** at this stage of the season..

Secondly though, i'd say he is replaceable. Yes league results at the end of last season were good but cup results have been iffy and our lack of wins in places like Perth, Aberdeen and Ross County have been poor with no signs of improvement either.

On top of this I trust Dempsters judgement 100%. If anyone will find the right person it's her.
    I give you Perth and Aberdeen but Ross County? We have played them away from home in the league twice with Lennon in charge, 1 win and 1 draw. We drew the League Cup tie up there as well but lost the bonus point on penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Dating back to 1969/70, our average league position is seventh and our average in both cups is the last sixteen which makes last season better than average.
    Our budget isn’t the 7th biggest though. Success for me is performing at least in line with our budget each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I give you Perth and Aberdeen but Ross County? We have played them away from home in the league twice with Lennon in charge, 1 win and 1 draw. We drew the League Cup tie up there as well but lost the bonus point on penalties
    1 out of 3 against the side who finished bottom last season is not good.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Our budget isn’t the 7th biggest though. Success for me is performing at least in line with our budget each year.

Under achieved for years and years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    1 out of 3 against the side who finished bottom last season is not good.
    Unbeaten 😉

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I`d like to see the banner in support of Neil Lennon being displayed at Pittodrie on Friday night.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I`d like to see the banner in support of Neil Lennon being displayed at Pittodrie on Friday night.
    I'd like to see the lads showing their support by winning 3-0

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I'd like to see the lads showing their support by winning 3-0
    Yes, that would do nicely also

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Players or staff who were privy to what was said after the game will tell family or friends before running to the media, more like once the press have heard something that a journalist may get in touch with a player to find out if any truth in the story, talking to the press may backfire on player or staff if he gets caught.

Someone close to Lennon tweeted on Saturday night that we aren't allowed to talk about on here, I mentioned it as well and I heard it from a players mate what Lennon allegedly said, the media will pick up on it soon enough, the two posters on here who have spoke about it would suggest this isn't a load of nonsense.
    What aren’t we allowed to talk about on here?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    My overall take on this is that when you look at Neil's 'actions' and the punishments he has received from the authorities, and thereafter look at what the authorities themselves are doing (or not doing) in relation to the main crux - abuse (physical, written and verbal) and religious bigotry - then you have to see it from his point of view. Here's a man who gets bans for performing an 'aeroplane' gesture yet the main men in charge do NOTHING to back him regards the abuse he gets constantly from the stands. Yes, you could argue he could rein it in (and I have) - but think about proportionality - when has Regan, Doncaster, McRae, etc. ever come out with statements against the bile that comes from the stands ? Ever ?

Michael Stewart was bang on at the weekend - enough is enough - and the powers that be need to come out and make a firm stand against it. Funny how Morelos was hit by a coin, after giving it the big cheese after scoring (why not, he's scored a cracker), yet there is not the same media furore ? Shocking he was struck by a coin, idiot fan yet again, but no real media fuss ? Is sectarianism and coin throwing now the social norm as far as the authorities are concerned ? Seems to be the case ! Do we decide who gets press and who doesn't ?

Websites such as Rangers Media should be shut down for a start - it peddles bile, bigotry and is allowed to stay online - why ? Surely the police and their 'Focus' officers see this and have an opinion ? It goes way beyond freedom of speech or expression - it's racial and religious hatred - full stop.

Enough is enough, Lennon is correct on that aspect. And he is getting zero support from the media and the powers that be. If society is to change it's moral compass we need a strong set of individuals in charge of the game with no agenda. Won't happen in my lifetime I reckon. Money and 'power' = keeping the status quo for many of these imbeciles in charge.
    Great post agree with every word. Shameful lack of leadership by football authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

I think most people would agree with you, but the fact is that we are perennial underachievers.

The only consolation is that it makes the European qualifications and cup wins even sweeter when they do eventually happen.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    What aren’t we allowed to talk about on here?
    Admins say for legal reasons.

I find this all a bit bizarre and a wee bit unsettling. I don’t have a great feeling that he will be here for long, hope I’m wrong.

Am I reading his right that something’s been said after the game and we aren’t allowed to post it on here those that know what it was that was said or caveat allegedly said?

This has got a bit of the “Mixu’s gone” feeling to it (albeit he did eventually go).

If he were to go, don’t think he owes us anything, first two seasons he’s either matched or exceeded expectations. Also must be our longest serving manager since... GJP?

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I find this all a bit bizarre and a wee bit unsettling. I don’t have a great feeling that he will be here for long, hope I’m wrong.

Am I reading his right that something’s been said after the game and we aren’t allowed to post it on here those that know what it was that was said or caveat allegedly said?
    Fridays Performance by the Team will go a long way to indicating if things have. been said in the dressing room that have unsettled the unity which has been excellent of late
    Am sureennon wouldn't of been happy as I know I wasnt as it's the first game in ages that I thought this is such a poor prrformance I wouldn't want this repeated against Aberdeen or we would get beat
    Am sure he probably let rip and said things in the heat of the moment given the Derby Aftermath
    But he clearly wasn't happy in lead up to the game and am sure he will reflect on things
    But I expect him to be in in the Dugout at Pittodtie Masterminding a Wiin

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    But it’s been on Twatter?

Ps: nowt to do you with you, but aversge league position these past 48 years is 7th......some real delusional entitled folks on here, an£ some of them are old enough to know better

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Let’s hope if lennon has went into the dressing room on Saturday after the game and told the players he’s off that they don’t decide to down tools

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    We're watching you.

Neil Donaster had urged clubs to install cctv to root out the morons throwing coins and other objects, sweep sweep sweep, no mention of the morons abusing Lennon, and he can hear that loud and clear when he watches games, plonker so he is.

Story in the sun.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Under achieved for years and years
    But we’re on an upward trajectory right? So let’s not weight the future down with what’s gone in the past since we can’t change what’s gone.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Yes it is...and something you've never heard Petrie say during his twenty year tenure, largely presiding over mediocrity during that time.
    That's not true.

Petrie often said that Hibs aim was to be challenging at the top of the league and for European qualification.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    And some folk just have a passive aggressive online persona I suppose?

I neither have a short memory, nor do I need a reality check.

The only point I was making was that we had a fairly slow start last season, and so a similar points haul at this stage is not marvellous.

I could write an essay explaining context (summary: Lennon has obviously done better in the League than Stubbs). Or I could just ask that you lighten up a bit, which would take a lot less time.
    What is this passive aggressive nonsense I see posted on hear every other week?

I am educated to degree standard and it means absolutely nothing to me.

Is this the latest buzzword for would be academics or would be psycho analysts?

You made a point I disagreed with without animosity in my reply.

If that makes me passive, aggressive or a mixture of both or whatever then I am guilty as charged.

It also wont stop me responding to posts I disagree with and if it did there would be no point in Hibs Net.

To answer your point though it is neither marvellous nor tragic and with respect if any of us need to lighten up you should be looking closer to home.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    That's a 'why' not a 'what'..................

I'm still in the dark as to what we can't talk about.

What if I mention it inadvertantly?
    Is that me in soapy bubble?

Someone clarify for me please. I just KNOW I'm going to blurt something actionable.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    That seems harsh. The positives which Lennon has brought to Hibs during his time as manager steamroller any negatives and I would be very disappointed if there's any truth in this latest rumour. If there IS any truth in it and it comes down to the fact he feels he's had enough of the the abuse he's been getting ever since he's played and managed in Scotland then he has my every sympathy and my 100% support. His health issues are well documented and you could see why putting himself in the front line week in week out would get to be too much for anyone, even someone with a tough a skin as Lennon.

I would hate to lose Lenny
    But I totally agree with your post.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Lennon Resigning?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    That's a 'why' not a 'what'..................

I'm still in the dark as to what we can't talk about.

What if I mention it inadvertantly?
    Is that me in soapy bubble?

Someone clarify for me please. I just KNOW I'm going to blurt something actionable.
    Beats me - seems absolutely mental

Guy posts something on public social media platform but we cant utter it here?

Unless the admins thought it might decend into places that they cant allow

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Beats me - seems absolutely mental

Guy posts something on public social media platform but we cant utter it here?

Unless the admins thought it might decend into places that they cant allow

It's probably less about the rumour itself, and more about the source.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Has he been taking or at training???

I love him, but I really hope he's not holding senior staff to ransom over the recent events.