hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Behaviour of Fans

I took my kids to the game tonight and it might be the last time they visit Tynecastle as children. They watched as a fan went on the pitch before the game and was tackled by a steward before a Hearts fan jumped out of the crowd and punched the other fan on the head. A single steward remained trying to get the first fan away with no help forthcoming from his colleagues or the Police.

From that point a couple of smoke bombs were thrown from the Hearts end and the next one came into the Hibs end section H and hit my daughter on the leg. We were in the back row of the lower "tier". She was fortunately unharmed physically but for the whole first half she was shaking although she bravely stayed to watch her team. The rest of the game was ruined for me as both sets of supporters hurled coin after coin and I was more concerned with making sure my kids faced away from the Hearts support and kept their eyes safe. On reflection i should have left the minute she was hit by the smoke bomb but we so rarely get a chance to go to Tynecastle as a family and the kids were desperate to support their team. I don't think it is any coincidence that some tube goading Hearts fans with a tricolour was stood right behind us a few minutes before the smoke bomb hit my daughter.

I have to comment on the Stewards who were completely useless for the first half of the game and not much better afterwards. The Police were even worse. The area of the ground we are in and the Bear pit with the wee Gorgie idiots is clearly a flash point area and the Police were completely absent until the well after the trouble started. I spoke to a Policeman and steward and asked if they could find us seats in another area when my daughter was still shaking and they went away and never returned to say they couldn't. Very poor and their typical take the money and don't get involved attitude stinks.

While the Hearts fans behaviour was appalling in that corner for the full game I can't exactly say our fans behaved much better. Countless fans stood behind us and let rip with some absolutely foul mouthed tirades with a 13 year old and 15 year old right underneath them. I saw countless coins thrown from our end and obviously their Keeper was assaulted too.

I will consider my next step when I have slept on it but I will be writing to Hearts, Hibs and the Police. Most of what happened tonight was entirely avoidable if proper Policing and Stewarding was in place. Yes, the odd coin may have came on but the total lack of interest by those Policing the game before the trouble started gave the morons a green light to continue and the behaviour deteriorated from those earlier incidents.

I hope anyone that threw a coin or smoke bomb or assaulted a player or fan is dealt with severely by their club and the Police and never welcomed back into a football ground again. We are very lucky no-one appears to have been seriously hurt tonight and I am very grateful to the fans around me, and to the gent who got rid of the smoke bomb in front of me for keeping my daughters spirits up. I am more grateful though that I walked back with two healthy kids who will only have a bruise , a scary memory and a horrible maroon stain on their clothing to show for their evening. It could have turned out to be a terrible night for my family so easily.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Not great, but unfortunately this match has turned quite nasty.

Hope the kids are ok.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Wookie, hope your daughter is ok and isn't put off football. Idiots on both sides should be banned.

Can't help but feel there is a real nastiness creeping into derbies.

Left by mutual consent!
    Tynecastle and trips to Hampden always bring out the worst in our support. Hope the kids are OK and not put off going back to support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I took my kids to the game tonight and it might be the last time they visit Tynecastle as children. They watched as a fan went on the pitch before the game and was tackled by a steward before a Hearts fan jumped out of the crowd and punched the other fan on the head. A single steward remained trying to get the first fan away with no help forthcoming from his colleagues or the Police.

From that point a couple of smoke bombs were thrown from the Hearts end and the next one came into the Hibs end section H and hit my daughter on the leg. We were in the back row of the lower "tier". She was fortunately unharmed physically but for the whole first half she was shaking although she bravely stayed to watch her team. The rest of the game was ruined for me as both sets of supporters hurled coin after coin and I was more concerned with making sure my kids faced away from the Hearts support and kept their eyes safe. On reflection i should have left the minute she was hit by the smoke bomb but we so rarely get a chance to go to Tynecastle as a family and the kids were desperate to support their team. I don't think it is any coincidence that some tube goading Hearts fans with a tricolour was stood right behind us a few minutes before the smoke bomb hit my daughter.

I have to comment on the Stewards who were completely useless for the first half of the game and not much better afterwards. The Police were even worse. The area of the ground we are in and the Bear pit with the wee Gorgie idiots is clearly a flash point area and the Police were completely absent until the well after the trouble started. I spoke to a Policeman and steward and asked if they could find us seats in another area when my daughter was still shaking and they went away and never returned to say they couldn't. Very poor and their typical take the money and don't get involved attitude stinks.

While the Hearts fans behaviour was appalling in that corner for the full game I can't exactly say our fans behaved much better. Countless fans stood behind us and let rip with some absolutely foul mouthed tirades with a 13 year old and 15 year old right underneath them. I saw countless coins thrown from our end and obviously their Keeper was assaulted too.

I will consider my next step when I have slept on it but I will be writing to Hearts, Hibs and the Police. Most of what happened tonight was entirely avoidable if proper Policing and Stewarding was in place. Yes, the odd coin may have came on but the total lack of interest by those Policing the game before the trouble started gave the morons a green light to continue and the behaviour deteriorated from those earlier incidents.

I hope anyone that threw a coin or smoke bomb or assaulted a player or fan is dealt with severely by their club and the Police and never welcomed back into a football ground again. We are very lucky no-one appears to have been seriously hurt tonight and I am very grateful to the fans around me, and to the gent who got rid of the smoke bomb in front of me for keeping my daughters spirits up. I am more grateful though that I walked back with two healthy kids who will only have a bruise , a scary memory and a horrible maroon stain on their clothing to show for their evening. It could have turned out to be a terrible night for my family so easily.
    I attend that **** hole very frequently for most of your reasons, but do you seriously think their keeper was assaulted?

Horrendous reading, this game now at Tynecastle is not for kids. Horrible to say, but its not.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

I would have walked out of the stadium if I was ever in fear of my kids safety

I’m all for rowdy atmospheres but you felt that a goal at either end and it could of really kicked off tonight. Wonder if the police will stop this run of evening derby kick offs.

Saturday 5:30pm for the next one. Good grief!

First Team Breakthrough
    Both clubs can expect a hefty fine. Hopefully all the idiots that have embarrassed their clubs get weeded out and banned.

I’m glad the OP’s daughter wasn’t badly hurt.

I was in a similar position at the other side and you had to have one eye on the game and one on the missiles. A few near misses and saw a few people being hit. Loads of police and stewards taking no interest. There were things chucked from our end also, but not as much.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

That's horrendous. Glad your kids survived the ordeal which it obviously was. Even from the TV, you could sense the atmosphere was poisonous throughout.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    I attend that **** hole very frequently for most of your reasons, but do you seriously think their keeper was assaulted?
    Maybe a whoosh moment.... but aye, their keeper was assaulted.

@hibs.net private member

Not surprised about the Lennon and GK incidents. I was sat down the front left as well and counted 8 missiles thrown into the Hibs end, including the glass bottle. Not sure at what point the plentiful supply of police would think it was time to take preventative action. They just allow the stuff to go on so not surprised that some people go to far. Far from enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Was in same area behaviour of both sets of fans was a joke. Most seemed about 16 and wanting to be kid on old firm fans. The amount of fans allowed to stand in walkways was a joke also

We’ll be watching derbies through netting and behind fences soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    Both clubs can expect a hefty fine. Hopefully all the idiots that have embarrassed their clubs get weeded out and banned.

I’m glad the OP’s daughter wasn’t badly hurt.
    There's no liability on the clubs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    According to both Managers he was as were both assistant referees who were hit with projectiles.

Both clubs deserve heavy fines and both sets of supporters have let themselves down badly. The Number of morons throwing coins into groups of people is absolutely sickening. Totally moronic. If A coin hits a young child on the head there could be tragic consequences. Complete idiots wish they would all **** off.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I think I saw you and your daughter, wasn’t sure what had happened but could have an easy enough guess. Last game I was there a lassie got hit or nearly hit with a bottle of Buckfast in near enough the exact same seat.

The boys standing on the walkway behind you were ridiculous and probably half the reason it happened. Police told them to sit down at least 10 times, they take a few steps back then wander back to do it all again while myself and others in the first two rows behind them can’t see a thing inside the box at our end. Watching adults stand there acting the hard man when they know they’re going to get nowhere near the person they’re threatening is tragic.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    That was the worst for a while. Lighters, coins, juice cartons, on and on it went. Stewards and police do nothing so they keep on doing it. This is our fans I'm taking about by the way.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Got to feel it for the kids, very scary moments.

That said, it has been like that since the 70’s with fans paggering at the corner of the shed at the old Tynecastle.

Not trying to belittle what happened tonight, but not surprised at what happened.
    Last edited by Sprouleflyer; 31-10-2018 at 10:06 PM.

According to both Managers he was as were both assistant referees who were hit with projectiles.
    They could see it from the dugouts right enough when you barely notice any contact from slow motion cameras.

@hibs.net private member
    Tynecastle is not fit for purpose. The first few rows of every stand should not be sold and covered over so fans are not so close to the field of play and each other. It’s the only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Both clubs deserve heavy fines and both sets of supporters have let themselves down badly. The Number of morons throwing coins into groups of people is absolutely sickening. Totally moronic. If A coin hits a young child on the head there could be tragic consequences. Complete idiots wish they would all **** off.
    Totally agree with the OP. I’m sick of people coming to games steaming and pissing all over the toilets. Some people are just disgusting.

Left by mutual consent!
    That was the worst I've seen it tonight. Guys openly snorting coke in the toilets, majority of folk were smashed.

Some of our songs at the minute are absolute embarrassing. Wishing Rudi Scakel to die in his sleep from a bullet from the IRA. Wtf is that all about.

One about Levine having a dodgy organ and the new Mercer song. It really is cringe worthy stuff.
    Last edited by Robbo6-2; 31-10-2018 at 10:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I would have walked out of the stadium if I was ever in fear of my kids safety
    I was close to doing so but for the first half I was still living in hope that the Police may have been able to get us somewhere else to sit. I decided that I would keep my eyes out for missiles and be alert to any danger. as well as that why should my kids be denied the opportunity to watch their team by these ********s. I like to stand up for what I think is right and teach my kids to do the same.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I was in the 4th row closest to the new stand and that’s the worst I’ve ever seen it at Tynecastle.

A full GLASS bottle of buckfast was thrown into the Hibs end as well as 7 flares. 2 of which landed in amongst us. The police huddled in the corner may well catch the perpetrators on CCTV but they had no desire to do anything to prevent what was a constant stream of issues throughout the game.

Sad it was such a unsettling experience for you Wookie.
    Some real morons come to the fore in our support at Tynecastle.
    I was behind the goal but didn't see the goalie 'incident' but did see fans spitting at their keeper and spewing vitriol at him. It seems some think that to support your team you need to show aggression and violence to the opposition and their fans. It's a really poisonous atmosphere at Tynecastle these days and some seem to embrace and copy elements of the Glasgow derby. Shameful behaviour from some.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I was in the 4th row closest to the new stand and that’s the worst I’ve ever seen it at Tynecastle.

A full GLASS bottle of buckfast was thrown into the Hibs end as well as 7 flares. 2 of which landed in amongst us. The police huddled in the corner may well catch the perpetrators on CCTV but they had no desire to do anything to prevent what was a constant stream of issues throughout the game.
    Police were hiding behind the stewards and letting them take all the stick from the fans. They just kept alluding to having CCTV without actually doing anything to stop things being thrown. Useless.

Sorry to say this but Tynecastle and Ibrox are absolutely no places to take kids imo. I never did it with mine and would never recommend anyone else to do so.