97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also I’d rather we spent money on the team rather than waste it running a loyalty scheme that will not bring in a penny of extra income for the club. Things are going well just now, why divert money from Lennon’s budget for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you go to away games ? How much money will this cost to run ? How do you know this will come out of Lennys budget?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Do you go to away games ? How much money will this cost to run ? How do you know this will come out of Lennys budget?
    What other budget would it come out of?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What was in her thoughts?
    She wanted to help grow the fan base

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6249

Left by mutual consent!
    What other budget would it come out of?

I’m not finance director. You seem to have all the answers. But fail to answer simple questions.

Perhaps you can get Whitty to run it ... since his legs have gone. A nice desk job should be perfect

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yay, let’s derail the thread and argue about Whittaker!!

He makes a good point. There’s only so much money to go round.

How would people donating to HSL feel if their cash was being used to implement and run a loyalty scheme?! Especially those that don’t go to away games.

I don't have a strong opinion on loyalty points either way but the cost thing is a red herring. The Ticketmaster system is already designed to release tickets at stages pre determined by the club based on points. The additional cost would be tiny.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yay, let’s derail the thread and argue about Whittaker!!

He makes a good point. There’s only so much money to go round.

How would people donating to HSL feel if their cash was being used to implement and run a loyalty scheme?! Especially those that don’t go to away games.
    Point made it comes out of lennys budget. Now it’s possibly HSL money.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I don't have a strong opinion on loyalty points either way but the cost thing is a red herring. The Ticketmaster system is already designed to release tickets at stages pre determined by the club based on points. The additional cost would be tiny.
    What about all the people phoning the club with loyalty point queries? The club have a very small staff who are busy enough. Should we hire more to deal with this?

Point made it comes out of lennys budget. Now it’s possibly HSL money.
    That’s Lenny’s money as well. Everything we spend that does not generate money is money we could spend on the team instead.
    Loyalty point system makes no money.

Is the away ticket thing even that big a deal?

Have any of you guys that have gone home and away for decades lost out in the last few years due to no loyalty scheme?

If we genuinely had hundreds of fans in that position then I can see their being merit in trying to do something to fix it.

If it’s only a handful of you that have missed one or two games then nah, stop bumping your gums and try again next time!

You can’t always get what you want as Mick once told us.

That’s Lenny’s money as well. Everything we spend that does not generate money is money we could spend on the team instead.

Yet the away season ticket scheme is a manual job for the TO staff

What about all the people phoning the club with loyalty point queries? The club have a very small staff who are busy enough. Should we hire more to deal with this?

Id highly doubt you'd have so many people phoning to query loyalty points that it would mean hiring extra staff.

Again , I'm not really for or against loyalty points but this idea that cost is a factor doesn't really add up IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    LD has said no on numerous occasions so it’s not coming back as fans threatened not to renew their STs as they had no chance of getting a ticket for Hearts away. The AST works,so maybe we could have a scheme where fans sign up for half AST or a Cat AST
    Well those fans, quite frankly, are absolutely petulant part-timers.

ST holders now being branded part timers!

It used to be widely accepted that they were the life blood of the club.

Not anymore it seems. You gotta buy a ST, an AST and subscribe to HSL or you deserve diddly squat!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Selling away tickets has to be done anyway. Probably saves time knowing a chunk are accounted for straight away by direct debit rather than people visiting the ticket office.
    I like the away season ticket scheme, looks after those that go home and away (which helps keep buses viable) but is very simple to run for the staff.
    Our most regular away fans are already looked after by the club with this scheme so spending money to replace it with another scheme seems like a waste to me.

Left by mutual consent!

More questions but no answers to basic questions. Total scaremongering I feel

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Well those fans, quite frankly, are absolutely petulant part-timers.
    Season ticket holders are part timers?
    That’s the attitude that got the loyalty point scheme cancelled.
    Thankfully Leeann does not share your opinion and she realises the are the most important source of revenue for our club.

Left by mutual consent!

More incorrect statements. It goes to the football department not Lenny

Left by mutual consent!
    Thankfully Leeann does not share your opinion and she realises the are the most important source of revenue for our club.

I agree. Season tickets are the lifeblood of the club

More questions but no answers to basic questions. Total scaremongering I feel
    Apologies, which question of yours did I miss?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    On scrapping the LP scheme LD stated that she didn't want to create an exclusive group of supporters then allowed the AST scheme to be introduce which has created an even more elitist group of around 300 where no one can join until someone leaves.

More incorrect statements. It goes to the football department not Lenny
    I think most people will understand that I was not saying Neil himself will be getting the money.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Done properly, and simply, the loyalty points system would enhance season tickets.

When you buy a ST you're immediately given the equivalent of, say, 10 points per home game with say a 5 - 10% extra as its a ST.

At the end of the season you'd have 5 - 10% more than someone who paid game by game, also you'd have those points in the bank prior to the 1st game at ibrox (for example) where a non season ticket holder would get to their full total by the end of the season.

Away game tickets won't receive points, although maybe some points could be added for away ST's though.

It's ALL about driving more money to Hibs as early as possible in the season. The above would be an added value for having a ST but wouldn't leave those paying every home game out on a limb either.

Lastly make it a rolling 3 years, points from 3 seasons ago get deleted end of each season.

Sorted!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Also I’d rather we spent money on the team rather than waste it running a loyalty scheme that will not bring in a penny of extra income for the club. Things are going well just now, why divert money from Lennon’s budget for this?

Every time loyalty points are brought up I see you make this point about it costing us too much money. Yet, you’ve never actually been able to say, as far as I can remember, how much you think it costs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Man U, Newcastle Liverpool etc don’t have people manually adding points . Automatic functionality in the online system. I don’t know costs. But if we had an attendance points scheme, would a ten pounds joining fee seem fair.

Not sure if that sort of thing has been considered

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    On scrapping the LP scheme LD stated that she didn't want to create an exclusive group of supporters then allowed the AST scheme to be introduce which has created an even more elitist group of around 300 where no one can join until someone leaves.
    Any idea why it was limited to 300?

I’d have thought the 800 that Rangers give us is the lowest allocation we would receive from any of the clubs so we should be able to offer 800 ASTs no?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Every time loyalty points are brought up I see you make this point about it costing us too much money. Yet, you’ve never actually been able to say, as far as I can remember, how much you think it costs.
    I have no idea what it costs, absolutely none at all. Not a scooby. However, I was told by a relatively senior member of staff at Easter road at the time that the scheme was in operation and just before it was cancelled that it was costing far too much dealing with the constant stream of enquiries from fans phoning up to see how many points they had, why was the level of points being set for this game and not that game, why have the points for the ticket I bought at the pod with cash at 2.55pm on Saturday not been added, can I bring my ticket stub down to the office and get them added etc etc etc.
    The club do not have a large staff and it was taking up far too much of their time for something that brings in zero extra money to the club.
    So yes, I have no idea of the costs involved but I do know it was concerning people at the club and shortly after it was binned.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    ST holders now being branded part timers!

It used to be widely accepted that they were the life blood of the club.

Not anymore it seems. You gotta buy a ST, an AST and subscribe to HSL or you deserve diddly squat!
    Here we go, two absolutely blatant misquotations from two posters who are determined not to see loyalty points back. You in particular, WhileTheChief, seem to be obtuse in understanding this basic, simple point. The fans who go to the most away games should be given first refusal on away tickets for the biggest away games. This categorically would not stop season ticket holders having a chance of tickets, but they could certainly help their chances by going to more away games and (crucially) supporting the team.

The fans who stamped their feet and threatened to withdraw their season ticket if they didn't get a shot at Roseburn tickets despite never going to away games are, yes, part timers in terms of away attendance. What else would you call somebody who doesn't go to a single away game all season and then rocks up expecting a chance at a ticket for the glamour games?

I have no idea what it costs, absolutely none at all. Not a scooby. However, I was told by a relatively senior member of staff at Easter road at the time that the scheme was in operation and just before it was cancelled that it was costing far too much dealing with the constant stream of enquiries from fans phoning up to see how many points they had, why was the level of points being set for this game and not that game, why have the points for the ticket I bought at the pod with cash at 2.55pm on Saturday not been added, can I bring my ticket stub down to the office and get them added etc etc etc.
    The club do not have a large staff and it was taking up far too much of their time for something that brings in zero extra money to the club.
    So yes, I have no idea of the costs involved but I do know it was concerning people at the club and shortly after it was binned.

The loyalty scheme actually makes it easier for Hibs to manage the online system. No idea how many logged on today. Let’s say 3,000 for arguments sake
    When we had the loyalty scheme tranches of 200/300 would only log on at the time. Out system is so poor and completely out of date for a club our size. I lost a ticket today due to it being like that
    We were promised a new and improved system. Where is it

Apologies if I have missed it, but one of the issues before were people buying tickets to ensure they got the points then giving them to friends family etc. This skews the system and keeps those at the top at the top. What would stop that happening with a new system.