hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: JACKIE MCNAMARA DISCUSSES HIS LOVE FOR HIBERNIAN

2. Log in to remove the advert

Jackie was sitting row in front of me at a funeral today. He was my first football hero

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I can mind being devastated at the time when Pat left for celtic but in hind site it was probably a great move for all involved. Pat was nearing the end of his career and i'm sure managed a couple of medals with the tic.

Jackie won me over and became one of my favorite Hibs players.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    When the King left the building and Jackie arrived I remember being absolutely devastated
    I need not have worried
    What a player and a wonderful servant Jackie was to our club
    A brilliant sweeper behind the ever reliable George Stewart his reading of the game and perfect timing with a touch of steel was calmness personified
    He had an uphill struggle to step into King Paddy’s boots and become accepted by the HIBS fans but it is the mark of the man that he won us all over more importantly he bought into our doctrine he just got HIBS and what we are all about
    I have met Jackie on a couple of occasions and can honestly say that like King Paddy a nicer man you could not wish to meet and is the perfect gentleman a great ambassador for our club and he is truly one of our own
    LEGEND!

Jackie was a tremendous footballer and is a top guy.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Jackie was one the positive things around Hibs during an era where the club really struggled. He was a very good footballer, hard as nails and totally committed.

Having spent a wee bit of time in his company, I have to say he’s also a lovely man. Friendly, good natured and quick to laugh.

I love the fact that he’s such a Hibs man, having grown up supporting the lesser greens. A fine ambassador for the Hibees.

Top guy real gent

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jackie was sitting row in front of me at a funeral today. He was my first football hero
    Mine too. Thought he was a great player.

I too was absolutely devasted when Pat left to go to Celtic and i must admit i was one of the stupid ones who booed him on his arrival.

Over the years i grew to love the way he played and the attitude he displayed wearing that jersey.

He once apologised to me for taking Pats place but it wasnt really his fault. I had to let him away with that one.

Jackie always has time to speak to you about the Hibs and always asks how you are and where your at.

Not many footballers past and present give you the time of day but this man is a perfect ambassador for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Met Jackie a few times through supports buses

What a gentleman, just like one of the guys but a true legend who had time for any fan who wants to speak to him

I don’t know if he was born a Hibby but he definitely is one now

A proper gent, seems to enjoy The London Hibs Burns Supper Nights as well!