hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Family club

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remind me, how did they behave at Hampden during the Minute's Silence for the death of the Pope in 2005(?).
    And John Robertsons response was pretty poor too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    And John Robertsons response was pretty poor too.
    Didn't know or remember that!

Looked it up so I don’t misquote

https://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts...ibute-1-707315
    “But people have different beliefs and my religion is football and that’s all I’m concerned about."

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    No, the very few idiots that come out with IRA songs once in a blue moon don’t make us as bad as Celtic.

Yes, the thousands of Hearts fans that routinely sing bigoted, racist and xenophobic songs make them as bad as Rangers and they are getting worse.

This season son is only 5 games old and there have been videos of these types of songs being sung at at least 3 of them by significantly more than ‘a very few’.

Then we have the Anti Semitic songs, the Nazi salutes, the racist abuse towards Marv, Goncalves and Magennis in recent years. Going further back there’s the racist abuse towards Benji, Zemmama, Jose Quitongo and Mark Walters.

Some people just dismiss it as petty point scoring and sheug it off because it’s not Rangers but the bigotry, sectarianism, racism and xenophobia that comes out that club is far more prevalent than the ‘very few plooky neds’ that some like to think.
    You’re right to condemn them and it’s definiely a growing problem. It’s the fact that the Huns are so bad that I believe hearts still have a long way to go to get near them.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Start where, eh? That support in 70s80s saw as we did, Scotland’s “finest” polis a few times trying to wade into their mob. Next pics were polis hats flyin in the air. That was them then. What’s changed?

There has been a huge resurgence within the hearts support towards unionism & anti-Catholicism which will only intensify in the generations coming through.

What I find bizzar is, why? Hearts as a football club have no historic reason to share these values, so why are they not just like any other normal club, leaving religion and politics out? Our situation on the other hand is completely different- we have a history that could easily lead us towards joining in with the pro-Irish pro-catholic saga, but we couldn’t be further from it. We as a support are shoulders above them, while they remain classless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    There was a time in Glasgow that based on which school you attended dictated what part of the City you were posted to. Would like to think that attitudes have changed since then.
    They used to have different coloured application forms in Monklands Council, and to a lesser extent Glasgow District Council, with very pale green ones being issued by councillors to give to their pals to ensure the selection committees knew who was "acceptable" irrespective of their suitability. Strathclyde Region had a slightly different but none the less biased arrangement.

First Team Breakthrough madhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    They used to have different coloured application forms in Monklands Council, and to a lesser extent Glasgow District Council, with very pale green ones being issued by councillors to give to their pals to ensure the selection committees knew who was "acceptable" irrespective of their suitability. Strathclyde Region had a slightly different but none the less biased arrangement.
    I worked for Glasgow District Council for a number of years and what you state re job application forms is complete nonsense. Candidates were always selected on merit.