hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogdan/rocky

Bogdan/rocky

Does anyone think that rocky should come straight back in the team when fit?
    I only ask because I don't think he should, now don't get me wrong, after bogdans first few games I thought he was garbage and would gladly have sent him back to Liverpool, however since then I think he's been excellent and it looks as if it was a confidence/lack of game time issue.
    I personally think he should keep the gloves till his his form dips.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone think that rocky should come straight back in the team when fit?
    I only ask because I don't think he should, now don't get me wrong, after bogdans first few games I thought he was garbage and would gladly have sent him back to Liverpool, however since then I think he's been excellent and it looks as if it was a confidence/lack of game time issue.
    I personally think he should keep the gloves till his his form dips.
    I don't think Bogdan started badly at all. He's been very good since joining and Rocky will not be guaranteed a place straight back in the team.

It's a good position for us to be in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Normally the number 1 keeper would come straight back but I think Bogdan is now the number 1. I missed his first game when folk started getting on his case so have only seen him play well.

He made a cracking save from a header yesterday. Would have seen it late and got a big hand to knock it over the bar.

A couple of muppets near me hate him and were screamint about him after the 1st goal yesterday. The striker got good contact from 4 yards out so I'm not sure what they thought he should have done.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He made a cracking save from a header yesterday. Would have seen it late and got a big hand to knock it over the bar.

A couple of muppets near me hate him and were screamint about him after the 1st goal yesterday. The striker got good contact from 4 yards out so I'm not sure what they thought he should have done.
    Some folk just don’t understand football PB.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Think that was the "Boyds coming on, guaranteed to score for the draw in the last 5 minutes....." header?

Aye, in front of me at the West Upper - very very good save.

As for the Brophy goal, wtf........some people know nothing

Bogdan is a very good keeper, its great that we have two

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Think that was the "Boyds coming on, guaranteed to score for the draw in the last 5 minutes....." header?

Aye, in front of me at the West Upper - very very good save.

As for the Brophy goal, wtf........some people know nothing

Bogdan is a very good keeper, its great that we have two

true - don't think we have ever had two keepers of the levels of these two before.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Bogdan has done enough to keep the jersey for now IMO. Changed days for us to have that kind of option between the sticks and a decent understudy too.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Some folk around me were blaming Whitaker for that goal 😐

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    true - don't think we have ever had two keepers of the levels of these two before.
    I completely agree.
    It's going to be difficult to keep them both happy.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Rocky has been out for a considerable period of time, he must have had (or still has) a serious injury. I must admit I had my doubts over Bogdan after the first couple of games, but he's proved he's a dependable keeper and should retain the number 1 jersey.

Rocky straight in when fit. Best keeper we’ve had in years. Bogdan is unconvincing.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    An auld git notes, "Rough & Goram were better by a distance, but I agree we're in a good place goalkeeping-wise."
    GG

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    An auld git notes, "Rough & Goram were better by a distance, but I agree we're in a good place goalkeeping-wise."
    GG

Not a bad duo right enough !

I'd chuck Laidlaw into the mix as well. Not at the level of Bogdan or Rocky but there won't be many teams in Scotland with a 3rd choice keeper as decent as him.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd chuck Laidlaw into the mix as well. Not at the leve of Bogdan or Rocky but there won't be many teams in Scotland with a 3rd choice keeper as decent as him.

fair point - there has been a number of seasons when our No 1 was not at the level of Laidlaw...

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Rocky to come back in when he’s fit for me. I like Bogdan, but he’s only here on loan. Rocky is our main man.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    He keeps his place as long as he performs for me, it’s going to be hard for Rocky to displace him on current form.

Nobody has a god given right to simply walk into the team, everyone has to earn their place. Rocky will have to work hard and if he proves to be the better keeper then fair dos but until then Bogdan has earned his place.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Some folk around me were blaming Whitaker for that goal
    Brexit is all Whittys fault too apparently

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Bogdan is gaining in confidence with every game and showing he is a good keeper. I'd nurture and encourage this confidence for a while yet. Rocky has no divine right to walk back into the team, as good as he is.

Some loony on a Hibs FB group yesterday was slagging Bogdan and telling everyone what a crap keeper he is. As has been said many times, "some people just haven't a clue about football"

I’d need to get a decent look at Mrs Bogdan’s Instagram page before making a final decision. Until she’s proven herself, it’s Rocky for me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Marciano is a far superior goalkeeper to Bogdan, I’d have him straight back in without a second thought

First Team Breakthrough
    Think when Marciano is fit Lennon will come out and say that Rocky is his number one goalkeeper which he said last season after Laidlaw's stint in goals

Having Bogdan means Marciano has no pressure to come back too soon.
    This will work for us and Marciano will be back and raring to play in November with a smaller risk of a relapse.

Also on the goalkeeper front. I could see Hibs playing fair with Laidlaw and allowing him to leave in January if he can get a contract with a decent team.
    His deal is up at the end of the season, he has done well and is far to good to be a 3rd choice.

Marciano is a top, top shot-stopper. I think we underestimate how good he is at times, so for me he starts every game.

I don't buy the "he's done nothing wrong so he should keep the jersey" school of thought. You have to judge keepers on how many goals they stop, as well as how few errors they make. We kept Laidlaw in goals once before because he didn't make any obvious errors and it cost us big time - can't remember the game.

That said, I agree there is no point rushing him back.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    GG
    Did we no have Rough , Goram and Leighton at one point
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Definitely spread himself a lot better rather than the pathetic fall back on his erchie into the goal, poor keeping at the near post as in technique. Im not saying if he tried spreading it would definitely save but it would have been a much better attempt than what he did

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    Definitely spread himself a lot better rather than the pathetic fall back on his erchie into the goal, poor keeping at the near post as in technique. Im not saying if he tried spreading it would definitely save but it would have been a much better attempt than what he did
    Nonsense. Straight through his legs from 4 yards. No way is he to blame

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    Marciano is a top, top shot-stopper. I think we underestimate how good he is at times, so for me he starts every game.

I don't buy the "he's done nothing wrong so he should keep the jersey" school of thought. You have to judge keepers on how many goals they stop, as well as how few errors they make. We kept Laidlaw in goals once before because he didn't make any obvious errors and it cost us big time - can't remember the game.

That said, I agree there is no point rushing him back.
    It was the league cup semi final against Celtic.

United we stand here....