Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milligan

Milligan

Looked good. In place of Whittaker or Hyndman please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Whittaker had a decent game today.

But I'd like to see more of Milligan.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Whittaker will never please somw people unfortunately. I was surprised to see him going off I thought he was more than decent today.

Whittaker was one of the best players in the first half, but goes against the grain for most on here for some reason. Some muppets behind me were shouting about how crap he was before the game started. I think he maybe got taken off because he had put in a fair shift.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Whittaker was one of the best players in the first half, but goes against the grain for most on here for some reason. Some muppets behind me were shouting about how crap he was before the game started. I think he maybe got taken off because he had put in a fair shift.
    Beaten far too easily for both their goals though.

Whittaker was our best player in the first half hour of the game, but diabolical the rest unfortunately.

Whitty is decent 70% of the time. The problem is the other 30% where he tries to be a creative/clever ball player, loses possession which immediately puts the back 4 under pressure. Saw that a couple of times today, which almost cost us. I expect Milligan will know his strengths and limits and stick to that.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Whittaker put in a great shift today. Same as against Aberdeen

But the team from 20 minutes to go should be our starting line up

Milligan gave us the steal we missed in the first half

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Whittaker had a good game today imo

Milligan looks like he loves a tackle and will be a good organiser. He was talking to Mallan from the second he was on the pitch

Whittaker had a very good game but was at fault at the equaliser (I can't recall what he did wrong at the first goal).

The game changed thanks to McLaren more than Milligan.

We had a good few players who played quite a lot worse than Whittaker today. I didn't think there were many better - probably only Ambrose, Mallan and Gray of the starters.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don’t think Whittaker is anywhere near as bad as some make out but I’m also not convinced he’s the answer there long term this season so I’ll be quite happy if Milligan can come in and take his place.

I thought he was playing quite well today but then had a few brain fart moments which seemed to give the boo boys what they were after.

Overall I think SW is a decent enough squad players which is why he was brought in, Milligan will hopefully be an improvement on him though.

One thing I would say about Whittaker though is that contrary to the expert opinion of some on here, his legs haven’t gone.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Thought hogdan was partly to blame for 1st killie goal

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Thought hogdan was partly to blame for 1st killie goal
    nah dont you know it was all whittakers fault!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t think Whittaker is anywhere near as bad as some make out but I’m also not convinced he’s the answer there long term this season so I’ll be quite happy if Milligan can come in and take his place.

I thought he was playing quite well today but then had a few brain fart moments which seemed to give the boo boys what they were after.

Overall I think SW is a decent enough squad players which is why he was brought in, Milligan will hopefully be an improvement on him though.

One thing I would say about Whittaker though is that contrary to the expert opinion of some on here, his legs haven’t gone.
    Yep, he played well first half - unfortunately he had a hand in both of their goals. Part of that is because he was doing all the dirty work - no help from Hyndman.

Milligan looked good, might help Whitty

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Midfield of Whittaker, Mallan and Hyndman won't work in a lot of games. Whittaker was the best out of the 3 in the first half. Mallan scored the free-kick but did very little other than that. Think Milligan won more challenges than Mallan and Hyndman combined in the time he was on.

We need more players that take pride in solid tackling. Whittaker is one of those even if he isn't quite the same player now.

I thought that was Whittaker's best game since he returned - make of that what you like :)

I thought Whittaker was excellent in the first half but faded before he was subbed. Early impressions of Milligan are encouraging.

Also lots of sense being stated in this thread about people choosing to give Whittaker abuse. Mostly before a ball has even been kicked.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but I’d prefer if they kept ther negative bile and abuse to themselves and give our players the support they deserve.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Looked good.

Think he'll become an excellent signing

What Whittaker does in possession is fine which is why some think he had a good game. The problem is that he is far too passive when we don’t have the ball. He lets runners get away from him and he doesn’t get touch tight when he should. When he plays, teams tend to be able to play right through us.
    Hyndman was poor today as well but he gets some slack as he has just arrived.

@hibs.net private member
    Whitaker is not a terrible player. But he's spent his whole career as a right back and at 33 is now being turned into a defensive midfielder. And it shows.

I'm more than happy with Whitts in the squad as cover but I'm confident Milligan will give us something extra. The team looked so much more balanced with him and McLaren on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    What Whittaker does in possession is fine which is why some think he had a good game. The problem is that he is far too passive when we don’t have the ball. He lets runners get away from him and he doesn’t get touch tight when he should. When he plays, teams tend to be able to play right through us.
    Hyndman was poor today as well but he gets some slack as he has just arrived.

I think that's a reasonable criticism.

It tends to happen in pretty important areas too, and we lose goals as a result of it.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    From his very first pass I knew we had a very talented player in Milligan. Think we will see him as regular starter and looking forward to seeing him play more as the season progresses.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    From his very first pass I knew we had a very talented player in Milligan. Think we will see him as regular starter and looking forward to seeing him play more as the season progresses.
    he's very mobile and clearly likes a good tackle. from the moment he came on, i felt like it might be the start of something a wee bit special, and it might be a bit easier to forget the hole john mcginn left in our midfield

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I only recall a good pass, a great tackle and him getting caught out of position with Porteous having a wee word with him.

Might be just what we need, we shall see.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    He didn't look out of place and also I think he played his own style rather than looking to be a replacement for someone else.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    That tackle on their midfield enforcer 50/50 was awesome must’ve registered on the Richter Scale Tasty!😁👍🏾

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Whittaker was our best player in the first half hour of the game, but diabolical the rest unfortunately.
    My thoughts exactly.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Whittys biggest problem for me is he is simply too slow. He's been a decent pro but hes well and truly past it for me. Just treated to the odd glimpse of former glories, the fat lady is singing for Whitty. He isnt the answer but a decent squad member until we find that answer.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Whole thread is pretty much about Whittaker!

Hard to say about Milligan. Didn’t have long, didn’t do much.