hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Each to their own but I would like Hibs to be making sure that the rules are applied equally to all the clubs in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The rules are totally subjective though, they could easily worm their way out of it. They could also easily fine Hibs for it, total waste of time.

Best way to stick it up them is win, every week. Win big games, win trophies, win with Neil Lennon is charge.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Don't have any problem with Clarke being charged for his comments. They merited punishment.

What other coaches are/aren't getting punished for is a separate issue. Gerrard's been quite careful with his criticisms so far. That quote on page one is a great example, where he talks about "the world" being against them. He doesn't call out the referee explicitly.

Ryan Jack on the other hand...

This has been on the cards since Clarke said no to the Rangers job. How dare he. They are the people.

Not sure how it is none of our business if Sevco are being favoured over other clubs?

This and the yams as well.

I’m talking about the fact that Clarke has been charged for criticising the decision and Gerrard has not been charged when he claimed refs were biased.

Was Ryan Jack done for saying the ref should be demoted?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    BBC Gossip

Scotland's referees are seeking urgent clarification from football's international law makers over what constitutes a straight red card ahead of the return of the top-flight this weekend, with a video package believed to include incidents involving Rangers pair Alfredo Morelos and Allan McGregor as well as Hearts striker Steven Naismith being sent. (Daily Record)
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Was Ryan Jack done for saying the ref should be demoted?
    No, he plays for new Rangers.

I’m sure Gerrard falls into this category...

They have accused Clarke of breaching Disciplinary Rule 72, which says no team official under SFA jurisdiction shall "in any manner likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character".

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    I’m sure Gerrard falls into this category...

They have accused Clarke of breaching Disciplinary Rule 72, which says no team official under SFA jurisdiction shall "in any manner likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character".
    Ryan Jack definitely falls into this as I’m sure he said Collum should be demoted

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45497797

Given what Steven Gerrard has been saying about refs this season, this is just another example of the SFA running Scottish football for the benefit of one club.
    What bugs me is why Hibs are happy for this situation to continue?

How do you know Hibs are happy?

First Team Regular
    #Je suis Steve Clarke

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    How do you know Hibs are happy?
    Indeed.

I doubt Hibs give two hoots about Steve Clarkes "predicament" given that he wasnt exactly honest about the award of that penalty at Rugby Park last year.

Lennon and his team will be focussed on beating Killie on Saturday - that Clarke has lost a key player is good for us.

I cant really understand the rationale that presupposes that if Hibs dont do Press Releases about everything the SFA does then this automatically means that Rod Petrie, and by extension Hibs, are in some way complicit and in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Indeed.

I doubt Hibs give two hoots about Steve Clarkes "predicament" given that he wasnt exactly honest about the award of that penalty at Rugby Park last year.

Lennon and his team will be focussed on beating Killie on Saturday - that Clarke has lost a key player is good for us.

I cant really understand the rationale that presupposes that if Hibs dont do Press Releases about everything the SFA does then this automatically means that Rod Petrie, and by extension Hibs, are in some way complicit and in agreement.
    Doesn’t matter if it’s Steve Clarke, Craig Levien, Neil McCann or Neil Lennon. What matters is that one club is being treated differently from all the others. That’s why we should care. Given how long it’s gone on and the silence from Easter road I can only assume Hibs are happy with it.

@hibs.net private member
    Doesn’t matter if it’s Steve Clarke, Craig Levien, Neil McCann or Neil Lennon. What matters is that one club is being treated differently from all the others. That’s why we should care. Given how long it’s gone on and the silence from Easter road I can only assume Hibs are happy with it.

There is a danger of being seen as having an agenda when people jump at every opportunity to have a go at Hibs and particularly RP. Maybe it’s time to give it a rest for a bit then it will have much more impact if or when it’s justified.
    There is absolutely no justification for accusing Hibs of having an opinion either way on the standard of refereeing and the people (no pun intended) that run Scottish football. In this instance it would be just a s legitimate to suggest that Hibs approach the authorities, whether SFA or SPFL, through the correct channels to protest at the standards of administration at all levels. After all that would be the dignified manner in which I would expect our club to do business.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

You cant be serious?

Does Hibs lack of comment on the sectarian problem at Rangers and Celtic means that they are happy with it?

Hibs not commenting on the child abuse from youth coaches X years ago means they are happy with it?

You dont want Petrie at the helm of Hibs or the SFA - that I get, but you simply cant go about making assumptions about Hibs stance on the disciplinary process on the basis that they dont issue press releases about everything that bothers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    When he goes to the hearing he should only speak using quotes from gerrard, that way he'll be fine.
    That’s genuinely a fantastic idea! Clarke/another manager should recite Gerrard’s interview word for word next time they’re aggrieved by a ref. See what the outcome is......

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    That’s genuinely a fantastic idea! Clarke/another manager should recite Gerrard’s interview word for word next time they’re aggrieved by a ref. See what the outcome is......
    Every manager should do that. In fact I hope they do.

United we stand here....

Impeccable logic that is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Tom Hart would have told them exactly what he was thinking, instead of hiding behind the curtains frightened to speak up against what is clear favouritism, the one rule for them and one for the rest is never clearer.

The only statement that Hibs made about the old Rangers was the recent one telling everybody to move on and forget about how they did everybody else in the League out of European competition and attendant prize money for league placing through their creative accounting.

The Board weren't asked to justify that statement for being seen to kow-tow to Sevco and instead the fans' reps got it in the neck.

If something is wrong it’s good to speak out.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45510168

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    This could be solved easily by offshoring these type of investigations and putting the decisions in the hands of neutral professionals from other countries. If only we could bring refs in from other countries too as the crap decision making would at least be randomly distributed. Ultimately we have to dream forward to the day when some kind of AI robot is in charge.

Will he be in the dugout on Saturday?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Will he be in the dugout on Saturday?
    Yes, disciplinary meeting isn’t until October

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Yes, disciplinary meeting isn’t until October
    6 days before they play Sevco.

6 days before they play Sevco.

Lol. What a ****ing shambles the SFA are.m!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Tom Hart would have told them exactly what he was thinking, instead of hiding behind the curtains frightened to speak up against what is clear favouritism, the one rule for them and one for the rest is never clearer.
    Leeann Dempster was a season ticket holder at Ibrox, maybe she still has a soft spot for Der Hun. Just saying likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Leeann Dempster was a season ticket holder at Ibrox, maybe she still has a soft spot for Der Hun. Just saying likes.

I'm sure she does.

In fact, given how widespread the problem is amongst the The Rangers support (and was among their predecessors), I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if she'd joined in with their sectarian ditties at some point.

However, it doesn't seem to affect how she does her job for us, so I'm willing to overlook it.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I'm sure she does.

In fact, given how widespread the problem is amongst the The Rangers support (and was among their predecessors), I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if she'd joined in with their sectarian ditties at some point.

However, it doesn't seem to affect how she does her job for us, so I'm willing to overlook it.
    Your tolerance does you credit

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Your tolerance does you credit

Thank you... that would be an Ecumenical Matter.