hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree. I'd love Darren to wipe him out like he did to the Greek forward at er. Then of course help him up and smile at him.
    What annoyed me today was Beaton ignoring that episode with Hendry - it was a second yellow and he bottled it because of the crowd. Naismith could easily have had 4 yellow cards today (and a red)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member therealgavmac's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    79B1534A-C4F8-4D2F-BC4C-8FD3DE188D90.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quite happy to see the Jambos getting a loan of three points yesterday and giving Celtic cause for another reality check after their handling of the McGinn deal ( or no deal, as Noel might say, )

Missed the football yesterday and from the photos on here it looked like Naismith was up to his sneaky rat tactics again.

Will we see the CO intervene?

Was Berra injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like players to have a nasty side to them.

The way Naismith was acting yesterday was utterly bizarre though. He’s always been a bit nippy, chirping away at the referee non stop. But if he continues like he did yeaterday, it won’t be long before someone takes serious exception and he ends up with a dull one.

He wears a gumshield to protect THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Missed the football yesterday and from the photos on here it looked like Naismith was up to his sneaky rat tactics again.

Will we see the CO intervene?

Was Berra injured?

Naismith probably can't be disciplined after the Morelos affair last week.

Berra could be out for months if the pictures yesterday are anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Yip the powers that be setting the benchmark to suit the OF and it comes back to bite them on the arse.

From the pictures in the media it looks a sore one.

Quote Originally Posted by therealgavmac View Post
    That’s just MAD!

Animal

Naismith is an absolute thug. He used to be a decent player but he's turned into a drugged up thug since returning to Scotland.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I like players to have a nasty side to them.

The way Naismith was acting yesterday was utterly bizarre though. He’s always been a bit nippy, chirping away at the referee non stop. But if he continues like he did yeaterday, it won’t be long before someone takes serious exception and he ends up with a dull one.
    What's unpleasant about Lafferty and Naismith is the way they take a 'Rangers' mentality into the games against Celtic, and to some extent Hibs. Naismith's challenge on Brown at the end of last season was a shocker and it was remarkable he stayed on the pitch yesterday. The way Lafferty talks about Rangers you get the impression the reason he didn't speak to Lennon last season about a move to Hibs is because he regarded Hearts as the more 'Proddy' club.

@hibs.net private member

Barry Anderson said it was a hamstring injury but the knee brace suggests different or it’s a really really bad hamstring injury?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    What's unpleasant about Lafferty and Naismith is the way they take a 'Rangers' mentality into the games against Celtic, and to some extent Hibs. Naismith's challenge on Brown at the end of last season was a shocker and it was remarkable he stayed on the pitch yesterday. The way Lafferty talks about Rangers you get the impression the reason he didn't speak to Lennon last season about a move to Hibs is because he regarded Hearts as the more 'Proddy' club.
    I don't think you're far off the mark with any of that.

I have no doubt that Lafferty's decision last summer was steeped in bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Barry Anderson said it was a hamstring injury but the knee brace suggests different or it’s a really really bad hamstring injury?
    I'm no doctor but the pictures of Berra at the tunnel area late in the game yesterday would suggest it's more than just a hamstring injury.

I would be surprised if he's playing any time soon.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Animal

What made this worse for me was the fact that Hayes is clearly out of it so when Naismith is leaning over he's screaming obscenities at someone that needs treatment.
    Hayes clearly bundles in to Naismith and hearts should have had a foul but as Hayes ricochets off Naismith he goes down and his head clatters in to Lustigs thigh/knee. On the deck, it was clear that Naismith was stunned if not in a state of semi-consciousness. Nearby Celtic players were very quick to summon the physio over.

Naismith is an animal right enough!!!

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    The way Lafferty talks about Rangers you get the impression the reason he didn't speak to Lennon last season about a move to Hibs is because he regarded Hearts as the more 'Proddy' club.
    to be honest I just assumed that’s what it was. I’m from the same tiny county in Northern Ireland as Lafferty is, and while there’s a lot of pride in him there, there’s certainly a whiff of sectarianism about the lad. Lennon’s history with the norn iron fans may also have played a role.

Alternatively he could have just seen hearts as the bigger, more established premiership club at the time rather than a team that had just been newly promoted.

hes a twat in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Delighted with this start to the season from the Rover drivers. Hopefully they will be loaded with arrogance come 31st October at the Wee Stadium.
    What like we were going there in May?? Let's not forget we can be just as bad in these situations let's not get carried away...our record there is honking

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Lafferty’s performance to get Mulgrew sent off was the most disgraceful bit of cheating I’ve seen in the Scottish game and one which should stay with him forever. Lest he forget:

https://youtu.be/B3iUDg6JEo0

@hibs.net private member
    I'm no doctor but the pictures of Berra at the tunnel area late in the game yesterday would suggest it's more than just a hamstring injury.

I would be surprised if he's playing any time soon.
    Same - if it is a hamstring it could be he’s ripped it off the bone.

First Team Breakthrough ferry hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Can’t believe Celtic paid £3M for Kouassi. Even more stupid when they refused to pay that sort of fee for SJM. I can see why Brenda was p***** off with Lawell and the board
    Do you think he played him today just to show what £3M buys you and for the board to not be so penny pinching

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Saw a video on Facebook of hearts fans celebrating in the concourse of their stand. Fair enough it was a big unexpected win for them against an albeit poor and greatly changed Celtic team

What did surprise me was the number of union flags being waved about - more than a couple

I didn’t watch the game but I believe you could clearly hear them singing the billy boys song too

Shocking really and totally against Ann Budges’ plea to make them a family club.

They really are diet Huns

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He wears a gumshield to protect THAT?
    Speaks a dentist?!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Far far more worrying was his mock laughing 'spat' at young Hendry late second half. Naismith, for an experienced international player and so-called 'nice guy' is an absolute rocket on the pitch up here in Scotland. Bizarre bizarre behaviour during a game and that alone could have earned a second yellow. Wee pretend ned

The only one of Celtic's backline showing any mettle today was young Tierney. Having worked at the game today the feeling was that Rodgers was not just resting players but subliminally making a statement to their board. Hearts did what we did last season and pressed them and did it well. Took their chance and took advantage of their poor play. Neither side worried me but Hearts deserved the win, no doubt about it.

What struck me today was why no teams drive through their middle - Hibs, Celtic, etc always seem to want to play wide - on a very tight pitch - which is why Berra and co manage well. Next time at Tynie I want to play narrow but with a midfield and front two that drive through the middle and take on their midfield pair and centre halves. They're set up to expect teams to work the ball wide and they're well drilled to that routine. If you go through their middle they're vulnerable.

Oh and even with a hybrid pitch they grew it long for today on purpose - Celtic were unhappy with it prior to kick off - grass was longer than McPhees hair
    I think that's a fair point. Berra's injury yesterday was interesting from that point of view. As you say, he and the rest of the defence are well drilled when it comes to crosses being thrown in but Griffiths led him a dance in the penalty box by simply continuing to drive at goal with the ball at his feet, which Berra couldn't handle and ultimately ended up in a heap with a pulled hamstring to boot.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Brown and Naismith cited for incidents from Saturday’s game

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Saw a video on Facebook of hearts fans celebrating in the concourse of their stand. Fair enough it was a big unexpected win for them against an albeit poor and greatly changed Celtic team

What did surprise me was the number of union flags being waved about - more than a couple

I didn’t watch the game but I believe you could clearly hear them singing the billy boys song too

Shocking really and totally against Ann Budges’ plea to make them a family club.

There were larger numbers singing a dity about Lafferty hating the IRA in that video. A handful of Red Hand flags on display in the crowd too. What struck me was they'd put the new singing section as close as possible to the Celtic fans, at the far end of the Wheatfield. Hearts fans climbing up the floodlight pylons in celebration at the end and proper goading the Celtic fans right next to them. Surprised the police allowed it. If they continue to do that versus us, it could well lead to trouble.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Brown and Naismith cited for incidents from Saturday’s game
    Have they been cited? This article merely indicates the incidents are being looked at.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45172031

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Have they been cited? This article merely indicates the incidents are being looked at.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45172031
    Maybe jumped the gun a bit then

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Maybe jumped the gun a bit then
    Naismith should definitely be getting cited for his kick and his mouthing off at an obviously injured player.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Naismith should definitely be getting cited for his kick and his mouthing off at an obviously injured player.
    He kicked a Celtic player in the second half aswell

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post

Think the word 'diet' is being kind- they're not even trying to have their own identity, they are just singing Rangers songs word for word.

Unoriginal, boring, bigoted trash.