hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I still think he left us too early. Could've had a pop at the premiership with us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolute stick on to end up at Hearts. Personally I stopped caring after his embarrassing attempts to fit in at the Huns
    This

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Possibly another of those players who are a fit for one club only?

Left by mutual consent!
    Will have a good football career as a journeyman.

No shame in that.

We've moved on. He was a very good Championship player but our current ambitions are higher.

Wish the boy well, though.

Generally speaking, with few exceptions, I am not in favour of taking back players who have chosen to leave but who seem to think that there will always be a place for them at ER should things not work out elsewhere.

He was a championship striker and unproven in the SPL, apart from his goals he doesn't really offer anything else. suffers from over confidence in his own ability and was quick to scoot off to England after putting in a buy out clause in his contract extension, money was his main priority. Quickly sussed out at Nottingham and now playing in League 1 akin to our championship, enough said.

Did well for us and recall him scoring some screamers in big games v Aberdeen, Huns and had the handy knack of regularly scoring against the Jambos. But never proved himself at SPL level (two goals for the Huns in 6 months backs that up). Wish him well but can't see him getting back to his 2015-17 goalscoring form anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The forwards were not the issue tonight. We didn't have enough creativity in the middle of the park.
    EH?!?! i must have watched a different game!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Playing regularly in League One down South would be a good grounding to rebuild his career. Even though a million pounds or whatever he went for is still a big deal up here, it is just a low risk punt for most teams in the Championship. It is up to him to pull it around though.

Blog Entries
    As far as Hibs are concerned : https://youtu.be/W6N3o4TDYsI

Left by mutual consent!
    He's another Scott Crabbe.

Left us too soon.

He improved year on year at Hibs. Some players reach a point at which that progression starts to 'stagnate', Steven Fletcher may be an example, and they need a new challenge. I'm not convinced Cummings had reached that point. As talented a goalscorer as he was I think there was plenty room for improvement across his game and that hasn't happened on the bench at Forest or making the same mistakes in a poor Rangers team.

He may well kick on by playing regularly at Peterborough and step up again, he might end up back at the like of Hearts or Aberdeen or he might be on a downward slide. No one really knows. I don't think we have massively missed him tbh, we seem to generate goals from across the board now whereas with JC it seemed to be we had one focal point.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Motherwell, St J, Killie, Dundee will be his level in future imo. Don't think he'll sign for hearts while Levein is manager as he isn't tall enough nor works hard enough. Don't think McIness would take him at Aberdeen either. Wouldn't get in before Flo, Jamie or Oli at Hibs at the moment. Should have stayed at Hibs, improved his all round game and then looked to see what his prospects were

He could read a game and be in the right place at the right time which is a talent in itself. Same could be said for his career, was at the right place at the right time, we were at an all time Low when he got his opportunity with us and that was the only reason he is where he got to. Once Stubbs got the team together goals were laid on a plate for him and he still missed too many in the Championship. (To be fair he scored a few crackers as well).
    If he was still a young kid now trying to break through at our club he wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11. I fear his best days are already behind him. He’ll be back in Scotland before long and struggling to hold down a starting position in the bottom 6 at best. More likely in the Championship.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Would have him back any day. A striker that scores goals.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I still think he left us too early. Could've had a pop at the premiership with us.

Folk seem quick to write him off. His career has stalled but he’s still young and has potential to improve.

He does have an instinct for scoring goals, which is a valuable commodity.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=lapsedhibee;5507548]Already played at the highest level he can, as he's really not that good a footballer - no-where near Riordan's talent

Very few were sadly or are to this day.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Just scored for Peterbourgh

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    the guy can score goals, never going to be a world beater but will have a decent career, probably wouldnt have him at the club now as i dont think he would start but good to see him playing and scoring again(glad its not the rangers this time)

Close range header.

Legend who scored a bucketload for us and I'm sure will score goals everywhere he goes.

He deserves much more gratitude and respect than he is getting here.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post

Nah Crabbe never scored a derby goal ever

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Legend who scored a bucketload for us and I'm sure will score goals everywhere he goes.

Once again, I totally agree!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Totally agree his record in Derby games should merit that on its own.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    What was his Derby record like in comparison?

Before having signed Maclaren I would have jumped at bringing JC back. Hope he goes on to bang them in and ends up back in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Agree with this. Just like SJM did. Benefitted and then got a good move as a regular whereas jc went as a speculative punt.

Wish him all the best unless he plays against us. 6 months at the huns or three years (and a wedge of goals) with us and a Scottish Cup winners medal? I know which I'll remember him for

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Yes of course he is. And he definitely deserves more gratitude than he gets on here. I remember being at tynecastle for that cup game when he scored the goal that got us back in the game. I knew at that time we’d get another one. If it wasn’t for Jason Cummings(and the rest of the squad) we wouldn’t have had the greatest day of our lives. Legend.

United we stand here....

That generated a bit of discussion, thanks for answering my question. Sounds like we agree for the most part that although he left too soon for the money, we have moved on and no longer could really benefit from his services. I like his goofy character. We need a bit of that in the game and so I hope he comes back up the road, like many of you think, to a lower SPL team.

Quote Originally Posted by cjward2 View Post
    That generated a bit of discussion, thanks for answering my question. Sounds like we agree for the most part that although he left too soon for the money, we have moved on and no longer could really benefit from his services. I like his goofy character. We need a bit of that in the game and so I hope he comes back up the road, like many of you think, to a lower SPL team.
    I would have him back. However it would be as back up to j mac. Which shows just how far we've come in a year or two.