hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar

performance of the season?

what's everyone's pick for performance of the season?

a few options:-
    May 13th - Hibs 5 v 5 Rangers
    April 28th -Hibs 5 v 3 Killie
    April 21st - Hibs 2 v 1 Celtic
    March 9th - Hibs 2 v 0 Hearts
    February 17th Hibs 2 v 0 Aberdeen
    January 31th Rangers 1 v 2 Hibs
    October 31st - Killie 0 v 3 Hibs
    September 30th Celtic 2 v 2 Hibs

A.N. Other?

I personally think our result against Aberdeen in Feb was the best, we took them apart that day and should have had more goals....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Beating Celtc 2-1. That was the most complete Hibs performance I can recall seeing just about ever.

@hibs.net private member
    Two or three of them were superb but the Celtic 2-1 game was a great performance especially taking into account what was at stake

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beating Celtc 2-1. That was the most complete Hibs performance I can recall seeing just about ever.
    Would agree with that thought we were brilliant that day against a very good Celtic team. At 2 0 it looked like we were going to get another couple however a breakaway goal meant we were hanging on a bit when we shouldn't have needed to be.

@hibs.net private member
    I would go for beating celtic as the best match, but what a great season to have to think about the best game with so many choices.

My best moment of the season was when we went 3-0 up on Sunday and thinking we were about to crush Rangers, that was up there with FT at Hampden.

As already said, the 2-1 Celtic game was a complete 90 minute performance to be proud of.

There is one game though missing from the original list that was for me a sign of things to come.

August game at Ibrox. Winning 3-2 there so early in the season was an indicator we were on the right track. Yeah, there were two or three ‘avoidable’ home defeats that followed in the next couple of months but still, that Ibrox win laid down a marker.

Blog Entries
    it has to be the 2-1 win against Celtic, best performance of the season in my view.

I actually thought the win over Aberdeen was the best performance I've watched, but it was a close thing between that and the 2-1 Celtc game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 2-0 win over Hearts as well. It's obviously great beating your local rivals but I liked the way we still played decent football, despite the spoiling tactics of the opposition.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    As already said, the 2-1 Celtic game was a complete 90 minute performance to be proud of.

There is one game though missing from the original list that was for me a sign of things to come.

August game at Ibrox. Winning 3-2 there so early in the season was an indicator we were on the right track. Yeah, there were two or three ‘avoidable’ home defeats that followed in the next couple of months but still, that Ibrox win laid down a marker.
    yeah that one should have been added too

Left by mutual consent!
    Going to go for Ibrox in August.

A complete performance in difficult cirumstances.

Has to be winning at Ibrox with a back three of Ambrose, Porteous and Stevenson.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Going to go for Ibrox in August.

A complete performance in difficult cirumstances.
    That was a great game. Outplayed them and refused to be bullied.

My favourite performance though was the 2-0 against Aberdeen. After losing 4-1 up there it was good to see such an improvement.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I think they said on Sportscene that all the best matches this season involved Hibs. Thats a pretty good assessment of our season. I genuinely only left 2 games this season feeling gutted, 4-1 at sheep****gercentral and the game last Wednesday at the piggery, even the Hamilton game we lost I thought they just took there chances and we never. My favourite game this year was 2-0 against the puddle drinkers, the best performance was beating celtc 2-1 after the split.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Celtic, Hearts, and Aberdeen at home were all fantastic performances.

The first 22mins of the Rangers game was as good as I’ve seen from us albeit for quarter of a match! If Whittaker had scored that header on Sunday and we’d went 4-0 up in 25mins I’d have pissed my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    it has to be the 2-1 win against Celtic, best performance of the season in my view.
    I agree with that. I thought not only the result was great but the way they played them off the park that day was superb.

Thee big game for me was at Ibrox in August we were so far ahead of them they didnt know what to do with us.

I remember thinking to myself not to get too carried away as it was only the beginning of the season and was a long way to go.

been a great season to remember. roll on the next one.