hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs Kids Day Out

I waited with my son and nephew after yeaterdays game as they wanted to get their Hibs tips signed by players and it got me thinking.

I remember when I was a kid there was Hibs Kids days. You’d go along to Easter Road, get a tour of the stadium and watch the first team players train. Then there would be a chance to meet the players and get stuff signed.

I take it there’s nothing like that now? Would be a great chance for youngsters to get close to the players, maybe even at the start of the season when new players are being unveiled. Throw it open to Hibs Kids and it’s a great way to promote the membership.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I waited with my son and nephew after yeaterdays game as they wanted to get their Hibs tips signed by players and it got me thinking.

I remember when I was a kid there was Hibs Kids days. You’d go along to Easter Road, get a tour of the stadium and watch the first team players train. Then there would be a chance to meet the players and get stuff signed.

I take it there’s nothing like that now? Would be a great chance for youngsters to get close to the players, maybe even at the start of the season when new players are being unveiled. Throw it open to Hibs Kids and it’s a great way to promote the membership.
    I remember there used to be an open day training session. A number of years back. Think this has been long gone for 10 years or so. But get your point, was great for the kids

Always enjoyed the open-days as a youngster

The open days were great when I was a kid. They would open the stadium, let you watch the players do a bit of training then there was special slots you could get the play on the pitch. The players would come over for photos and autographs. Great thing for the young ones, shame they got rid of it. As I mentioned on another thread earlier, nows a great time to be a hibs fan, theres a great buzz around the club, we've got a good team and manager, we've had a successful season and the footballs been brilliant. Great time to be getting the next generation of hibs fans involved and interested in the club. We should be pulling out all the stops to get these kind of things. The Hibs Kids is brilliant and I know they do put on Xmas parties and events but definatly worth re-considering doing the open stadium hibs kids day again.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    The open days were great when I was a kid. They would open the stadium, let you watch the players do a bit of training then there was special slots you could get the play on the pitch. The players would come over for photos and autographs. Great thing for the young ones, shame they got rid of it. As I mentioned on another thread earlier, nows a great time to be a hibs fan, theres a great buzz around the club, we've got a good team and manager, we've had a successful season and the footballs been brilliant. Great time to be getting the next generation of hibs fans involved and interested in the club. We should be pulling out all the stops to get these kind of things. The Hibs Kids is brilliant and I know they do put on Xmas parties and events but definatly worth re-considering doing the open stadium hibs kids day again.
    I'm sure the Hibs Kids Panto has also fell by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I'm sure the Hibs Kids Panto has also fell by the way.
    Wonder how many Hibs Kids we have nowadays, verses previous years?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder how many Hibs Kids we have nowadays, verses previous years?
    More I'd imagine, but it was always quite big, a few thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    More I'd imagine, but it was always quite big, a few thousand.
    Don’t think it will be. Our season ticket holders numbers are much bigger now
    Bit back to the OP/ yourself, we do seem to have cut back on Hibs Kids things, for whatever reason!

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post

I think the kids that do the holiday camps at East Mains get to meet the players, my son always did anyway, he’s nearly 14 though so hasn’t been in about 3 years.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Don’t think it will be. Our season ticket holders numbers are much bigger now
    Bit back to the OP/ yourself, we do seem to have cut back on Hibs Kids things, for whatever reason!
    If you buy a child season ticket, the child is automatically signed up for the hibs kids.

United we stand here....