hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been needing a new acoustic for a couple of months now. The high E string snaps whenever you get it past B when tuning it. I think there must be something sharp in the bridge or something.

Anyway, I ordered this cheapo electro-acoustic the other night.

It is just for mucking around on but I've read and watched some really good reviews about Harley Benton guitars regarding relative quality for the price. Harley Benton is basically the own-brand of the German music retailer Thomann.
    Never tried their accoustics before but I've had a couple of their T-style electrics in the past. Good starter guitars or make a good basis for a project.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've been needing a new acoustic for a couple of months now. The high E string snaps whenever you get it past B when tuning it. I think there must be something sharp in the bridge or something.

Anyway, I ordered this cheapo electro-acoustic the other night.

It is just for mucking around on but I've read and watched some really good reviews about Harley Benton guitars regarding relative quality for the price. Harley Benton is basically the own-brand of the German music retailer Thomann.
    Is that a full size ? I bought a chord (or more to the point my Wife did) it was more a travel acoustic when I really wanted a full size. A guitarist colleague says go for a wider neck (knut) which the Chord wasnt & subsequently I struggled a bit with chord changes as my chubby fingers kept hitting the other strings. That aside I really enjoyed learning the acoustic after giving up on my bass, keep us posted in how your new guitar sounds & feels 👍

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Is that a full size ? I bought a chord (or more to the point my Wife did) it was more a travel acoustic when I really wanted a full size. A guitarist colleague says go for a wider neck (knut) which the Chord wasnt & subsequently I struggled a bit with chord changes as my chubby fingers kept hitting the other strings. That aside I really enjoyed learning the acoustic after giving up on my bass, keep us posted in how your new guitar sounds & feels 👍
    It’s full size. Will post on here once I get it and have a wee play around with it.

It’s full size. Will post on here once I get it and have a wee play around with it.
    Good stuff 👍