hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Early Leavers

Left by mutual consent!
    I imagine a few Rangers fans left (or at least started to leave) at 0-3, especially with their 5-0 demolition by Celtic so fresh in their minds.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People can do what they like with their own time I don’t know why not everyone understands that. I felt this team deserved a round of applause whether or not we got the equaliser after this seasons effort, so I stayed to clap them off.
    Yes people are entitled to do what they want with their free time. So if I choose to spend some of it criticising gutless, prima donnas who walk out on their team because it’s not going there way, then I would ask the same question if you...why do YOU not understand that I am perfectly entitled to voice my opinion ?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I can understand people leaving at 3-5 because it was extremely painful watching at the time, especially given where we had been an hour previously. I knew the game was far from over then though.

I've only left one Hibs game early and I'm sure I don't need to tell you which one it was.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As someone who leaves a good few games early for non footballing reasons, this thread gets on my goat a bit.

Would posters like it better if folk with similar circumstances just didn't turn up and support the club the best way they can?

Should folk with those circumstances get a note and hand it to those fans criticising folk for circumstances they know nothing of for their approval?

I will admit to leaving early yesterday as I was so pissed off that we completely lost our discipline when we had no need to do so and handed any sort of result to them, when we should have thumped them completely.

I regret doing so, not because I missed the last 2 goals, but because the team deserved recognition for their excellent efforts over the season and I should have sat and stomached it and paid them the recognition they deserved.

For the record, the only other game I have left early for footballing reasons was that Cup Final.

When the going gets tough the tough get right behind their team. Meanwhile the others make a hasty exit for various reasons. Mind you I had to laugh at the ones who had disappeared at 3-5 but reappeared to take their seat when they heard that we had made it 4-5.

Stayed until the bitter end at that cup final and the Malmo match just to name a couple. Even the Falkirk match when we quickly went behind by three goals. That's my choice and I would do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    As someone who leaves a good few games early for non footballing reasons, this thread gets on my goat a bit.

Would posters like it better if folk with similar circumstances just didn't turn up and support the club the best way they can?

Should folk with those circumstances get a note and hand it to those fans criticising folk for circumstances they know nothing of for their approval?

I will admit to leaving early yesterday as I was so pissed off that we completely lost our discipline when we had no need to do so and handed any sort of result to them, when we should have thumped them completely.

I regret doing so, not because I missed the last 2 goals, but because the team deserved recognition for their excellent efforts over the season and I should have sat and stomached it and paid them the recognition they deserved.

For the record, the only other game I have left early for footballing reasons was that Cup Final.
    Did you miss David's goal??? 🙊

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I recorded the game and fast forwarded through it last night to watch the goals. The cameras caught a load of those who left at 3-5 coming back in when they realised that Maclaren had pulled it back to 4-5 quite quickly

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I recorded the game and fast forwarded through it last night to watch the goals. The cameras caught a load of those who left at 3-5 coming back in when they realised that Maclaren had pulled it back to 4-5 quite quickly
    Indeed. I imagine it was the same with the Rangers fans, with those leaving at 3-0 doing an about turn when they pulled one back. Anyone witness whether this happened?

For that reason above is exactly why those that left early deserve to be slagged, It looks Bad and reflects badly on the normal* supporters and subsequently the club.
    Sings "We can see you sneaking out" ....and back in. lol :)

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

This has already been covered. There is absolutely no criticism being levelled at those who need to get away early. Be it medical, need to get to work, babysitter needs away.....you get my drift. It’s the folk who throw a strop and think we’re getting beat who CHOOSE to leave rather than support the team who are getting it tight.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This has already been covered. There is absolutely no criticism being levelled at those who need to get away early. Be it medical, need to get to work, babysitter needs away.....you get my drift. It’s the folk who throw a strop and think we’re getting beat who CHOOSE to leave rather than support the team who are getting it tight.

Not sure that's the case for all posters on the thread though, but fair do's

No question I deserve to get it tight for yesterday

Getting beat wasn't the issue though

That I can handle, I have seen it often enough

I should have made allowances for their efforts over the season, but the lack of tracking runners yesterday had me fuming

Whether we would have beat them by 6 I couldn't say, but to get caught over committing when there was no need to do so at that point as they were all over the place really frustrated me.

the fact that nobody bust a gut trying to get back to snuf out the danger more so.

I detest them and their song book and the chance to gub them doesn't come around often enough

Lord only knows where our right back was 2nd half yesterday, this from someone who has stood up regularly for Whittaker

Goals 4 & 5 for them were fluke deflections but Marciano had 2 great saves just before then.

Still no excuse I should have seen in through and regret not doing so

I'm sure you can work out, if you actually read the OP, that the thread is NOT directed at you.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

I should have made allowances for their efforts over the season, but the lack of tracking runners yesterday had me fuming

Whether we would have beat them by 6 I couldn't say, but to get caught over committing when there was no need to do so at that point as they were all over the place really frustrated me.

the fact that nobody bust a gut trying to get back to snuf out the danger more so.

I detest them and their song book and the chance to gub them doesn't come around often enough

Lord only knows where our right back was 2nd half yesterday, this from someone who has stood up regularly for Whittaker

Goals 4 & 5 for them were fluke deflections but Marciano had 2 great saves just before then.

Well it certainly is for me too...no problem with people leaving for personal reasons, but think those that spit the dummy are letting us all down. Fair play for admitting you did it and regret it though..we have all done stuff that's a bit petulant and then felt a bit foolish..I am no exception.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Indeed. I imagine it was the same with the Rangers fans, with those leaving at 3-0 doing an about turn when they pulled one back. Anyone witness whether this happened?
    Don't take this as inflammation but were it not for folk in the vein of the above then 66 lives might have been spared at Ibrox 71. Hoardes changing mind halfway down a busy public stair wasn't good.....

There was a guy eating a pie all wrong yesterday too. I soon put him right though and am posting about it here because I’m a nosy fishwife who can’t handle folk living their lives the way they want.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar

Cool acknowledgement. For me it's also about the other team's fans getting the chance to give it 'Cheerio, cheerio.'
    God knows we enjoy shouting that, & I hate it aimed at us.
    Having said all that, I left the cheat's final early so I'm just a hypocrite.....
    GG