hibs.net Messageboard

Page 366 of 430 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,980 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about a framed 1986 Double Winners tee-shirt and the infamous light bulb from the former stand? There are so many options:

A commemorate wall poster with all the creditors stuffed in Hearts’ insolvency event?

Waxworks of Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov? Add in their celebrity fans, or rather celebrity fan: Ronnie Corbett?

A frayed and faded ‘22 in-a-row’ banner to remind them of the ‘good old days’?
    A copy of the cheques used when St Rudi 'donated' his time for the cause?

A Russian hat complete with dusty footprint?

The Vlad signed training top from the meets the plums YouTube video?

The possibilities are endless.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I think it's cute how a trip to Hampden is such a big thing for them now.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    It's quite interesting they're having to beg for money again seeing as they also got sizeable sums from their mystery benefactor. They simply won't live within their means. And they're still getting pumped by us.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    They're selling premium VIP elite unique atmospheric options on each of their future trips.

" Available to the first 400,000 applicants only. Non refundable cash up front, demand is sure to be high so buy now so we can finish the nursery and get the rust painted."

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Waxworks of Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov? Add in their celebrity fans, or rather celebrity fan Ronnie Corbett.
    Just you haud oan, ya spoon burnin’ wee tramp..........they’ve got Auld Pishy Breeks Foulkes and Alex ‘Make Mine A Double’ Salmond......get it right, FFS !!

Yams I know hated when I said I will have to get my Hampden season ticket out again.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Why do they even still want to go to "Hampden"? Didn't they "get" to keep "the" Scottish "Cup" after they won it so often? Like "Brazil" got to keep the World "Cup" when they won "it" three times?

Even more cute that a QF is deemed an achievement

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    I see "quotation" marks are trending. Fully expect Donald to make liberal use of them next time he has some "fake" news to rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Why do they even still want to go to "Hampden"? Didn't they "get" to keep "the" Scottish "Cup" after they won it so often? Like "Brazil" got to keep the World "Cup" when they won "it" three times?
    They could add a waxworks of Ken Stott provided that he is in Rebus mode brandishing a Hibs Supporters Club card as if it was a Warrant Card.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Yeah thought this myself. They are the Hibs of a few years ago. Constant rebuilding, no real direction, more interested in off the field issues. I really dont think Queen Ann has much clue about the football side of things. There's something missing, the passion has gone, theres no connection with the team or management. All very pleasing.
    They never had passion the thing thats missing is MONEY!

So if you do not renew before THIS season ends you lose your seat!

Thats grim.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

Thats grim.
    Not just grim, dim. I'm sure a lot of people will miss the deadline of 2nd May - 10 days before the last game of this season! Wait until they find their seats have been freed up and other folks have bought them. I foresee some angry punters storming the ticket office at the Rustbowl and refusing to put any more change in the plastic cow.

No doubt they will extend it if Ticket sales are low and the initial date is set to force people to renew early

Thats grim.
    Their business model in a nutshell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP_GOoBPKfQ

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Not just grim, dim. I'm sure a lot of people will miss the deadline of 2nd May - 10 days before the last game of this season! Wait until they find their seats have been freed up and other folks have bought them. I foresee some angry punters storming the ticket office at the Rustbowl and refusing to put any more change in the plastic cow.
    A few swift kicks to a tartan jacket will make their displeasure clear.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Thats grim.
    Have not read it, but is it not just an early bird offer, like ours?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This is not an Early Bird scheme. Its a Vulture Scheme...you know just like when a corpse lies rotting and the carion circle overhead.

How about a framed 1986 Double Winners tee-shirt and the infamous light bulb from the former stand? There are so many options:

A commemorate wall poster with all the creditors stuffed in Hearts’ insolvency event?

Waxworks of Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov? Add in their celebrity fans, or rather celebrity fan: Ronnie Corbett?

A frayed and faded ‘22 in-a-row’ banner to remind them of the ‘good old days’?
    A tour of the Hearts Museum in Dickens Bar loft.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Yip. Think we only have till April 6th or we lose our seats. Although the yams are looking at falling season ticket sales so it’s likely their seats will go unsold. Ours are likely to be snapped up quick sharp if we don’t renew on time, especially if you have decent seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Yip. Think we only have till April 6th or we lose our seats. Although the yams are looking at falling season ticket sales so it’s likely their seats will go unsold. Ours are likely to be snapped up quick sharp if we don’t renew on time, especially if you have decent seats.

No, early bird offer is a discount, seat release isn't till the summer

Testimonial Due
    Naw. Early bird offer gives you a cheaper deal. Seat release is 1 June. A whole month after our pink pals.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I popped over the road to see the reaction to the Budge statement. They never fail to amaze me, they are overjoyed, euphoric and beside themselves with love and admiration for all that the good doctor has done for them.

One of them admitted to crying tears of happiness when he read her 3rd form essay, he actually cried. Let that sink in...a grown man cried whilst reading a statement which explained painting rust on a new stand was normal.

A (nother) declared the quater final defeat to Motherwell as a great leap forward in their plans for bottom 6 domination.

It would appear that they have an anti critical filter on their forum, there is not a single dissenting voice, the rust, the toilets,(the men now use the womans toilets in the new stand and the women presumably sit cross legged) the lack of corporate facilities, the 16 year old laddies getting slaughtered every week, the altered time frame for project completion, the hybrid pitch not being a hybrid pitch anymore, it is just ignored as they give praise to her open and transparent policy of informing them that everything in the garden is rosey.

I found it disturbing in the same way I find Rangers fans forums disturbing, the complete lack of critical analysis and blind faith in the words uttered by their leaders regardless of the obvious failings of these leaders.

Creepy, fawning, cap doffing weirdos
    I also just popped over to see if it was as bad as you suggest. Indeed it is. There's a lesson on bias in there somewhere though. We read her statement and see nothing but begging for cash and veiled admissions that the whole project is a complete cock-up. They read her statement and see an honest account of the enormity of the task they faced, a frank admission of a few mistakes they made and a heart-warming plea to continue to give the "backing" that the club deserves. Somewhere in the middle, I guess, is the truth.

I predict that the Hearts faithful will renew their season tickets and keep paying the FoH tax until they eventually do turn it all round again and are fully restored to their pre-doping position as a modestly successful, frequently awful, usually mid-table, occasionally relegated Scottish football club. Auld Reekie's cardigan-wearing Rover polishers will continue to support them with pride.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This is not an Early Bird scheme. Its a Vulture Scheme...you know just like when a corpse lies rotting and the carion circle overhead.
    Very apt

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

We have until 1st June to renew our season tickets, next day anyone can buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    An interesting aside to the early plea for cash via early ST sales at Tynie.

We have a very generous 11 month interest free payment period with Zebra Finance. Not quite the same at Tynie. This, lifted straight from their marketing bumph.....

4) Spread the cost of your season ticket through Zebra Finance. Two plans are available: (i) Through a four-month interest free plan (a 4.5% admin fee applies, taken with your first payment), or (ii): through a ten-month interest bearing plan. Applications can only be filled out at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartof...n/default.aspx

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but does this tell us something about their credit situation (cant or won’t absorb the interest fully) or are they just extracting more cash from the poor old Gorgie followers?
    Hibs don't pass that charge on to the fans, it's absorbed by the club.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Jambo at my work told me today that he and his son are not renewing next year. He was claiming that it was to do with his son playing on a Saturday morning and not having time etc etc. Speaking to him over the past few weeks though I think that is an excuse. He has been saying for weeks that the football is honking and that its just not worth the money. He is also talking about stopping his jambo tax, erm I mean his FOH DD.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Jambo at my work told me today that he and his son are not renewing next year. He was claiming that it was to do with his son playing on a Saturday morning and not having time etc etc. Speaking to him over the past few weeks though I think that is an excuse. He has been saying for weeks that the football is honking and that its just not worth the money. He is also talking about stopping his jambo tax, erm I mean his FOH DD.
    No chance he's the only one thinking that way!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Budge gonna be on Sportsound shortly talking about their kids academy. Best in the land apparently.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    .....and predictably, Sportsound is at Tynecastle tonight hearing about the good work that Big Hearts are doing in the community.

While I'm sure they are doing great work, the cynic in me says that the timing is very suspect. Budge about to come on and - no doubt - state to the radio listeners how all in the garden is rosy.

Their PR is spot on......