hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "but but 5-1!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Youngsters singing about an era where most of them weren't even born 😂
    It tells you everything you need to know though really. Don't recall them ever singing about 22 in a row before but now they are scrapping the barrell looking for stuff they can lord over us now that the SC stuff is down the pan.

5-1 doesn't bother us, we went on to win the SC, they've only won 1 derby in 11, haven't even managed so much as a shot on goal at ER this season, their big shiney new stand STILL doesn't make their stadium bigger, we are 12 points ahead . . . so if they chose to comfort themselves with 1980's derby results then thats absolutely win with me crack on jambos!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    If we can stay the remainder of 2018 unbeaten against them in 5 years they'll have won 1 derby.

The real, natural order, 5-1

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

They can all get their 5-1 hand gestures out again on Friday night if we beat St Johnstone to tell everyone how many points they are behind the wee team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    The songs they sang last night proved it...we killed them on 210516 and their songbook. Singing songs about unbeaten derby runs of 30 yes 30 years ago and about wee fat blobbo...utterly desperate times for our Gorgie chums 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It's just standard Jambo hypocrisy - they won't talk about the 30+ years they cheated but are always more than willing to talk/sing about the benefits they got from it !

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This is something I never ever will forget and will never ever let them forget!

Most say it's in the past and I cannot keep dredging this up. I said what about this 1-5 comfy blanket .... Was told that's different.

The lady Haig Poppy Thieves they will always be and btw they hate it!
    lest they forget.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    It's just standard Jambo hypocrisy - they won't talk about the 30+ years they cheated but are always more than willing to talk/sing about the benefits they got from it !
    This. Mention to them about the countless years of cheating and stealing and it's "aww that was Romanov not us, that was the past anyway" but as you say happy to reap the glory for said cheating and stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    JKB is hilarious - they are now in a "actually Hibs are pretty crap, Aberdeen and Rangers are crap, so if we get back to where we should be, the league is there for the taking" mindset.

Its comfort blanket x 100

Honest tae god, they just dont get it - they think we are a crap team apart from our midfield and that means they will be bossing us next year.

Fannies
    They genuinely believe that. Unreal. Scotty is almost certain to be here next season and if mcginn goes we will have over £1m to entice a replacement. We have youngsters likes of porteous, Shaw and Allan being brought through gradually and not being burnt out like Potter is doing with their youngsters and lenny has shown with the purchase of kamberi and mclaren he can get good players in. Plus when you see that Whittaker, swanson,gray, slivka and Bartley weren't in the starting line up, we have a very strong squad. I'd be more worried for them if we kept kamberi and mclaren as they couldn't handle their movement at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Think I've reached the point where, if I was given the 5-1 gesture, I'd just return it accompanied with a cheery chuckle (like we were fellow members of some childish wee secret society); I can imagine that irritating them quite considerably. Although most Jambos likely weren't alive (or at least old enough to remember it) at the time it occurred, I'd suggest 7-0 annoys them more than 2012 does us - probably because it upsets their big team mentality that they know it could never be matched as a winning scoreline.

Indeed,Oh happy day!

What Jambos also forget to recall is that 2012 and ‘5-1’ very nearly never got past the first game they played. They scraped a 1-0 against Auchinleck Talbot. A game they won but an Auchinkeck player (their keeper wo saved a pen) was named MOTM. Not often that happens. Also AT had a last minute equaliser dubiously chalked off, denying them a ‘money spinning replay’.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    What Jambos also forget to recall is that 2012 and ‘5-1’ very nearly never got past the first game they played. They scraped a 1-0 against Auchinleck Talbot. A game they won but an Auchinkeck player (their keeper wo saved a pen) was named MOTM. Not often that happens. Also AT had a last minute equaliser dubiously chalked off, denying them a ‘money spinning replay’.
    The Auchinleck Talbot goal was ruled offside - the goal scorer was level with the last defender. Remember it well.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    One also told me they thought we were utter garbage last night. I asked for an explanation but one said we are skint and in a financial mess. Tee hee getting to them.
    I've heard this several times, but never quite worked out how we are skint/in a financial mess. Always thought, training centre - paid, stadium - small (in football terms) 0% interest loan, generally trading close to profit (loss in lower division, but suspect that will be different next year).

Anyone actually able to explain why we might be construed as skint? Am I missing something?

We were the better team before vlad came along and pumped his stolen money into them and now that hes gone we are the better team again

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davemcbain View Post
    I've heard this several times, but never quite worked out how we are skint/in a financial mess. Always thought, training centre - paid, stadium - small (in football terms) 0% interest loan, generally trading close to profit (loss in lower division, but suspect that will be different next year).

Anyone actually able to explain why we might be construed as skint? Am I missing something?
    It's simple but also complicated. Number one. Write off bank debt. Do this with the agreement of the lender as opposed to go into administration and you cheat. They are the same thing for the intellectually challenged. Sell STs in March = toiling. Despite the fact that we have been selling them this month for at least 5 years. Theirs went on sale early in the self sufficient year a few weeks before going into administration. So, for the intellectually challenged means same thing. Bring in players from Lithuania - need we say more. Clearly cheating, tax dodge. Finally HSL. Ponzi scheme for the benefit of Vladimir Farmer. Its all there if you are ofthe belief that the world is flat and you wear tin foil hats.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Not only that but they were about to get knocked out by St Johnstone before they got an injury time equaliser though a controversial penalty.

Then in the next round they eventually beat St Mirren with Craig Beattie scoring one of the goals. Danny Lennon was rightfully raging at the time because Saints has tried to sign Beattie but Hearts beat them to him by offering more wages that they simply decided not to pay.

In the semi semi they beat Celtic with yet another controversial penalty

In the final they killed they game off with, you guessed it, a controversial penalty.

If ever a team was going to *****hoose their way to winning a cup with the most unbelievable luck, dodging decisions and downright cheating it would be Heart if Midlothian.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quite simply if it was this caliber of squad that lost 5-1 then yeah I would still be hurting. However there were 4 or 5 players I really could not care for we had IMO a poor manager and a pretty poor squad.

The way we were getting run back then we were asking for that to happen. It was the wake up call the club needed we never fixed it right away but we made attempts to.